Chairs in Balcony cabin on Crown Princess

gm217

We need two chairs to sit on in the cabin.  We also have been doing our cruise planning by looking at other cruise lines.  I think we deserve a place to sit in our cabin to "come back new".  I think my DH who is a veteran really deserves a chair!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 5/21/2019 at 2:25 PM, OCruisers said:

The chair by the vanity/desk area is still there! :classic_smile:

The chair by the vanity/desk area (for putting on makeup, doing hair, etc.)  is still there.  :classic_smile:

It's the other chair (the barrel chair) that has been removed in standard balcony cabins.  

So the vanity chair is still there. Good thing I was starting to get nervous.

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

• Like 1

On 5/21/2019 at 10:11 PM, Kartgv said:

To those who say removing the chair provides extra space in the cabin, what would you use the extra space for???    It's not like you're going to be dancing or doing aerobics in there!   I could see someone wanting it removed if they were storing a wheel chair or walker, but that could be handled easily on a case by case basis.   We are among those who will never again book a balcony cabin on Princess with no place to sit to watch TV, enjoy room service, just sit and chill while spouse is finishing getting dressed.    There are much better options on other cruise lines at the basic balcony level.   

Same question should apply to the multiple threads asking which cabin has the largest balcony -- those that want extra room in their cabin probably do the same thing that those asking for a large balcony do. No idea what that is but I really don't have a need to know how others choose to use their "space". 

On 8/13/2019 at 2:33 PM, geocruiser said:

We need two chairs to sit on in the cabin.  We also have been doing our cruise planning by looking at other cruise lines.  I think we deserve a place to sit in our cabin to "come back new".  I think my DH who is a veteran really deserves a chair!

Agree totally.....Princess is fast becoming the Spirit Airlines of cruising.....put at least two chairs in the cabin....even if they are just two desk chairs.....

• Like 1

On 5/21/2019 at 6:30 PM, gm217 said:

Just came off the Crown Princess last week and was wondering why the cruise line took the extra chair in the balcony cabins out.  I asked the stateroom attendant and she said they were taken out last year.  I sailed the Diamond in Feb 2018 and we had the extra chair in our balcony cabin.  

On Crown now.   Happy to report barrel chair in my balcony stateroom.   They’re back!  😁

• Like 3

6 hours ago, caribill said:

Regular balcony cabin or Premium balcony cabin (which never did have them removed) ?

Regular balcony.  Baja deck.    Spoke to a few others, and they also have the barrel chair in their regular balcony cabins.    

• Like 3

On 9/24/2019 at 8:16 AM, snowskier said:

Same question should apply to the multiple threads asking which cabin has the largest balcony -- those that want extra room in their cabin probably do the same thing that those asking for a large balcony do.

I disagree.  A cabin should reasonably and comfortably accommodate the number of passengers who are paying to occupy it. There is no justification for marketing a cabin as being able to sleep three, or sleep four, and then not provide space or furniture sufficient for the occupants.  By way of analogy, if an automobile "seats five", it has to have five seat belts.  If a cabin is sold to a group of three people, there ought to be seating such that all three can sit and eat breakfast.  Or watch TV. Or enjoy the balcony.  So I don't see anything unusual about people asking about large balconies, especially if they are sailing as a group of three or four.  Plenty of angst has been voiced about the size of the Royal Class balconies, with people weighing in that there is sufficient room for two people to sit out there.  That is debatable. But I know one thing for sure.  There certainly isn't room for three or four people unless you angle (pun intended) for a larger balcony.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

Regular balcony.  Baja deck.    Spoke to a few others, and they also have the barrel chair in their regular balcony cabins.    

Thanks for the great news.  We have a baha balcony booked for a 10 day Christmas cruise.  I was hoping to get the extra chair by request.