RC Boarding in Barcelona

Please can anyone confirm what time boarding commences for Oasis out of Barcelona ? 

We have not cruised RC in the Med before..in other embarkation ports  ( Dubai, Fort Lauderdale and Galveston) we have just been able to turn up and board whenever we have wanted to.

One of our party has just received an email suggesting 1pm. Is this exactly what it says...a suggestion ? or will we have problems trying to check in earlier ?

Thanks for any information you might be able to share. 

47 minutes ago, Reina del Mar said:

Please can anyone confirm what time boarding commences for Oasis out of Barcelona ? 

We have not cruised RC in the Med before..in other embarkation ports  ( Dubai, Fort Lauderdale and Galveston) we have just been able to turn up and board whenever we have wanted to.

One of our party has just received an email suggesting 1pm. Is this exactly what it says...a suggestion ? or will we have problems trying to check in earlier ?

On our last Med sail (Aug. '17) on Brilliance we were able to board at 10AM to our surprise.  However, cabins opened up at 1PM.

• Like 1

Just now, nelblu said:

On our last Med sail (Aug. '17) on Brilliance we were able to board at 10AM to our surprise.  However, cabins opened up at 1PM.

Thanks, we know about cabins not opening up till 1pm. Will carry swimsuits in hand luggage, just in case.

Thanks all for your replies.

Hopefully be on board early, swimsuit in hand luggage and making best possible use of drinks' package!!!!!!

We shall go straight from airport... Those £1 flights have caused me more stress than the worth of it, between luggage allowances, seat bookings, flying in morning of cruise.  Although only a short flight.

Should have checked all that before booking, I know!

26 minutes ago, Reina del Mar said:

Thanks all for your replies.

Hopefully be on board early, swimsuit in hand luggage and making best possible use of drinks' package!!!!!!

We shall go straight from airport... Those £1 flights have caused me more stress than the worth of it, between luggage allowances, seat bookings, flying in morning of cruise.  Although only a short flight.

Should have checked all that before booking, I know!

Did you officially ever find out what the luggage allowance is please?

Edited by little britain

23 minutes ago, little britain said:

Did you officially ever find out what the luggage allowance is please?

Some of our party have Boarding Passes saying 23 kg plus hand luggage by size , not weight. Ours say nothing so I phoned to check and Easyjet confirmed 23 kg plus hand luggage by size. 

With all the 'issues' we've had with this booking, wouldn't be surprised if something different when we check in...but hopefully all will be well.

Will report back following cruise if anything different. 

• Thanks 1

Please come back and let us know what time you boarded and how it went.  Does anyone have pictures of the waiting area at the port?  I know it is Moll Adossat, but is there a particular terminal that the Oasis class ships dock at?

15 hours ago, nelblu said:

What time did you arrive in order to board at 10 a.m.?

I have found that arriving later works much better, I prefer to have a lazy brunch then show up at 1 or 2 walk thru the non lines and still have plenty of time to explore.  No hectic times getting out of the car finding where to drop off etc..

5 hours ago, Teeara said:

Please come back and let us know what time you boarded and how it went.  Does anyone have pictures of the waiting area at the port?  I know it is Moll Adossat, but is there a particular terminal that the Oasis class ships dock at?

Oasis is so big they use 2 terminals. Your boarding instructions will tell you which one to go to.  If you have an aft cabin you use tone terminal and if you have a forward cabin you use the other one!

5 hours ago, Teeara said:

21 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

Here is the email I received yesterday regarding our Oasis sailing on Sunday, hope it answers both your questions.

Dear Guest,

We can't wait to see you in Barcelona, Spain for our Oasis of the Seas cruise this Sunday! Before we explore the Mediterranean together, we have some boarding day reminders to share with you.

Please arrive to the terminal after 3:30 PM to avoid long wait times. Check-in for your cruise is from 3:30 PM to 4:30 PM.

Um I don't think so --- I'll there by 11 😎

Lastly, we'd like to remind you that check-in and boarding will take place in both Terminal B and Terminal C at the Port of Barcelona. To ensure a speedy boarding, we have split all guests between the two terminals. It's imperative to check your Ticket Booklet or your SetSail Pass for your terminal assignment. If you go to Terminal B and have been assigned to Terminal C, you will be directed to the correct terminal via shuttle. This will cause delays in your boarding and we really want to avoid that. So, please take the time to ensure you know which terminal you've been assigned to.

Thank you for your cooperation. We look forward to welcoming you onboard Oasis of the Seas.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

We boarded Oasis of Seas in Barcelona on 26th May.

They used terminals B and C.

We were dropped off by private transfer at about 11am. Boarding had already started.

Took approximately 15 mins to check in . We were in the Windjammer before 11.30 am.

Cabins were opened up on the dot of 1pm