AARP CARNIVAL GIFT CARDS

Hotdog 52

1 hour ago, Mysticks1 said:

Just to add I ordered 2 from AARP last week (I think Wednesday) and I received them in USPS mail yesterday.  They were shipped the next day. 

What were the denominations of the cards?  I only bought $300 in order to put on my Sign and Sail account.

Has anyone had problems with the website trying to buy the cards?  I've been trying for two days in different browsers.  When I tried to checkout the website kind of freeze and is not possible to enter the address.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jantoni said:

Final payment day is on June 28, should I be OK if I'm able to order them at some point later this week?

They'll tell you 10 business days on the website, but typically they'll arrive within 7 days. There's no guarantee, though. If you do order them and don't get them in time for your final payment, you could always use them to purchase something else for your cruise or add them to your S&S when you get on board.

I am a member of AARP but have never taking advantage of this offer mainly because I was not aware of it.  
Something does not sound right to me.  You give them $450 and they give you a card worth $500.  How can they do this and not go broke?
Potentially sounds like a hassle also.  Maybe I am missing something. 

Earlier this year I ordered a $500 card and received it with one promo code. Later, I ordered $500 and 2x $100 and received them along with two promo codes. Recently I ordered 2 $500 cards and did not receive even one promo code. Anyone else have experience with this?

I also have never received an email confirming the purchase or shipment. If I call, they have the info and tracking number if relevant. Never gotten an email with a promo code either. Yes, they have my email.

1 hour ago, mexicobob said:

I am a member of AARP but have never taking advantage of this offer mainly because I was not aware of it.  
Something does not sound right to me.  You give them $450 and they give you a card worth $500.  How can they do this and not go broke?
Potentially sounds like a hassle also.  Maybe I am missing something. 

Whether it's AARP or the company that owns and operates its rewards website (third-party, not AARP), whoever buys the gift cards gets them in bulk and more than likely gets them at a wholesale rate, not face value. So I"m sure they still profit after selling them at a 10% discount. Not to mention AARP uses it as a marketing tool to attract people to buy memberships. Memberships = profits. I don't think it's a hassle. You earn points through promo codes sent via email, although that method is very slow, or take short, easy quizzes on their rewards website. To many of us, it's well worth saving 10% on cruises and just about everything Carnival offers.

11 minutes ago, 2wheelin said:

Never gotten an email with a promo code either. Yes, they have my email.

Have you signed up for their email newsletters? That's how you get the codes. Login to your account and somewhere it'll say Newsletters. You pick which ones you want to receive. The ones with the Rewards for Good ribbon next to them are the ones that are supposed to give you promo codes, but the number I receive noways has drastically decreased in the last several months. I used to get around five a month, now it's down to one or two a month. I don't use my primary email account for this because the newsletters can be a nuisance. The codes are only worth 150 points each anyway, so you're better off taking the quizzes.

Multiple companies offer the discounted cards with points and membership. Allstate Drivewise, StreetWise, and AARP Rewards for Good. It is separate from an AARP Membership and you do not have to be a certain age or purchase a membership. You earn more points with one. You don't have to purchase Allstate insurance to use their driving app. StreetWise is just an app that tracks safe trips and earns points. There are a few FB groups that keep track of the codes and ways to save. You can save hundreds on cruises using them. The only caveat is that should you need a refund, you are always refunded in the method in which you paid. If you cruise frequently, that shouldn't be too much of an issue.

It looks Like I am through every quiz?

Do they update daily?

Is there a location for the new quizzes?

Just received $2700.00 in cards (Ordered Thursday) yesterday to pay for the Sept cruise and need to earn more points by Feb to pay the next one off.

There are extra promo codes in newsletters and you can link to a Fitbit. There are some current event quizzes weekly, but most do not change. If you are on FB, look for the group Carnival Tips, Gift card discounts, information.

13 minutes ago, thesmiths said:

Do they update daily?

Just received $2700.00 in cards (Ordered Thursday) yesterday to pay for the Sept cruise and need to earn more points by Feb to pay the next one off.

Some of the quizzes you are able to take daily, some monthly, some yearly, and some only once.  They do not add new quizzes very often so if you are through all of the yearly and one time only quizzes it gets harder to earn points quickly.  There are promo codes with some emails a couple of times a week and the weekly news quiz.   

56 minutes ago, EllaDuChien said:

Some of the quizzes you are able to take daily, some monthly, some yearly, and some only once.  They do not add new quizzes very often so if you are through all of the yearly and one time only quizzes it gets harder to earn points quickly.  There are promo codes with some emails a couple of times a week and the weekly news quiz.   

Thank you!

I have until February to accumulate 30k worth,  Have 9k leftover.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

Earlier this year I ordered a $500 card and received it with one promo code. Later, I ordered $500 and 2x $100 and received them along with two promo codes. Recently I ordered 2 $500 cards and did not receive even one promo code. Anyone else have experience with this?

I also have never received an email confirming the purchase or shipment. If I call, they have the info and tracking number if relevant. Never gotten an email with a promo code either. Yes, they have my email.

I just experienced the same thing last week.  Ordered two $500 cards and did not receive any promo code that used to accompany each order.  I thought it was just that the person fulfilling my orders this time forgot to include them but it seems that sending a promo code with each order, at least for the $500 card orders, has been discontinued? I have also never received a shipping confirmation email on any of the $500 cards that I've ordered.  Thankfully I was able to track them through UPS MyChoice.

2 hours ago, thesmiths said:

Do they update daily?

I have started taking the quizzes in Spanish. Those are towards the bottom of the page. No, I have no idea what it says but you do not have to do well on the quiz to earn points. They do not have as many but I have still been able to get a few thousand points. 

HTH, 

Donna

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Ok, I signed up for The Rewards for Good Program and have earned 10,000 points so far.  Now if I order $1000 in gift cards, I can use this to pay for the drinks program and put a few on our S&S account?  Plus I can buy more to pay for future cruises, is that correct?

12 minutes ago, Kamananui said:

Ok, I signed up for The Rewards for Good Program and have earned 10,000 points so far.  Now if I order $1000 in gift cards, I can use this to pay for the drinks program and put a few on our S&S account?  Plus I can buy more to pay for future cruises, is that correct?

That is all correct. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jennas_mum said:

I have started taking the quizzes in Spanish. Those are towards the bottom of the page. No, I have no idea what it says but you do not have to do well on the quiz to earn points. They do not have as many but I have still been able to get a few thousand points. 

HTH, 

Donna

Thanks, did those too.

14 hours ago, Florida Paesano said:

I just experienced the same thing last week.  Ordered two $500 cards and did not receive any promo code that used to accompany each order.  I thought it was just that the person fulfilling my orders this time forgot to include them but it seems that sending a promo code with each order, at least for the $500 card orders, has been discontinued? I have also never received a shipping confirmation email on any of the $500 cards that I've ordered.  Thankfully I was able to track them through UPS MyChoice.

Hope they haven’t discontinued as they were 1000 points each. Will have to start using UPS MyChoice I guess. Otherwise I have to call them every time.

I get email newsletters but did not know there were separate rewards newsletters to subscribe to.

Be very careful sharing codes for AARP. Can get you shut down.