Mariner of the Seas Junior Suites

Frequent RCCL cruiser but new to Mariner of the Seas.  Any tips on Junior Suite selection?  I notice there are some on the Aft and of course on the sides and even towards the front.  Any pointers on which ones might be the best!

The aft junior suites have large balconies (good) and have a long walk to get to them (less good), but otherwise all the rooms themselves are the same. I would say determine what part of the ship you want to be on or near and go from there. The more centrally located you are the easier it will be to navigate the ship and generally have less motion than the rooms on either end. 

We were on the Mariner 2 weeks ago and had one of those aft junior suites.  We loved the larger balconies and also the views.  Especially on Coco Cay day.  You can see most of the island from your balcony.  There is a longer than usual walk, but you get used to it quickly and those 'extra' steps means I can have an extra snack or 2. LOL

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

We like those on the "hump", the part of the ship that sticks out a bit from the side.  Near the aft elevators/stairs.

Me too.  Am in JS direct hump next week, and sister is in duplicate hump JS on Port side.  

Not a fan of aft cabins on Voyager or Freedom class.  Too much steel structure across those for my tastes.  

Edited by island lady

32 minutes ago, island lady said:

Not a fan of aft cabins on Voyager or Freedom class.  Too much steel structure across those for my tastes.  

Also a long walk and moderate vibration at times.

3 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Also a long walk and moderate vibration at times.

I don't mind the long walk on favorite aft cabins on Vision or Radiance series...but that walk on the bigger ships for obstructed view...nah..nope.  😉 

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed in one of the new JS on deck 11.  Very convenient for the  solarium and pool activities. Very quiet, never saw anyone in the hall. Only a few rooms there. A little noise when we were on the balcony from the music by the pool but nothing too bad.