I AM ELITE-CABIN MATE IS NOT...

tabprincess

Further to this thread, My wife and I are cruising with her sister - who is in the next cabin with adjoining balconies. We are Elite but the sister is not. My understanding is that the sister must share our cabin in order to share the benefits ie priority boarding and reception parties. Are Princess very strict about this cabin sharing rule?

19 minutes ago, kevboy said:

My understanding is that the sister must share our cabin in order to share the benefits ie priority boarding and reception parties. Are Princess very strict about this cabin sharing rule? 

She can certainly board with you in priority, not sure about the elite receptions, but the poster above says yes. 

32 minutes ago, kevboy said:

My understanding is that the sister must share our cabin in order to share the benefits ie priority boarding and reception parties. Are Princess very strict about this cabin sharing rule?

As far as boarding goes she probably won't be allowed since the Platinum/Elite waiting areas at most ports are generally filled to capacity & they've been getting more strict about it.

She'll also be allowed to attend any Elite functions on the ship with you as there is no real check to see who is who. It's just a matter of her tagging along & not being questioned.

We are Elite members.  Several years ago we were travelling on the Pacific Princess with our friends who were new to Princess.  The first couple of days, we would have them meet us at the door of any Elite activity, then we would ask someone at the door if our friends could join us even though they were not elitte.  They were always welcome.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, kevboy said:

Further to this thread, My wife and I are cruising with her sister - who is in the next cabin with adjoining balconies. We are Elite but the sister is not. My understanding is that the sister must share our cabin in order to share the benefits ie priority boarding and reception parties. Are Princess very strict about this cabin sharing rule?

I'm going to put it this way...it depends.  Why? Because there are different factors that enter in to it. For example, at Seattle, the area that is used for seating for preferred and/or elite boarding is very limited and that has an affect on whether that area will be filled up before boarding begins.  That is one thing that severely limits whether other guests can be accommodated or not. One other thing that enters into the picture is how soon boarding is actually able to begin. Boarding is usually scheduled to begin at 12 noon. Normally, however, it usually, but not always, begins as early as 11 or 11:15.  Since check-in often begins as early as 10:30, that means that on many days cruisers who complete check-in by 12 or 12:30 are often able to go directly from the check-in area right out onto the balcony of the terminal building an onto the ship so that there is no need to go to a preferred/elite boarding area waiting area at all! 

I hope this explanation helps explain why procedures may differ from pier to pier.

Tom

When I cruise with my Mom in the same cabin, it's like I'm Elite, too.  When my parents cruised with my sister & bro-in-law, they were in a separate cabin, but were told to go ahead and board with my parents.  That was in Seattle.  (the area is pretty small there).  

8 hours ago, voljeep said:

also as elite be SURE to include her laundry with your well-earned free laundry perk , right?:classic_rolleyes:

Have your Cabin Mate put your name on the Laundry List.

Other wise, your Cabin Mate will be charged.

The charge will be removed by the PSD.

9 hours ago, voljeep said:

also as elite be SURE to include her laundry with your well-earned free laundry perk , right?:classic_rolleyes:

No    Sorry, I have edited this as I thought it applied to the sister in the cabin next door.

Edited by stoneharborlady

My wife and I took a Princess cruise with my mother and brother.  Mom is way up in the Captain's Circle totem pole.  We (my wife and I) were able to board with Mom even though we are (1) not in her cabin and (2) were low on the Captain's Circle totem pole.

While sailing on our last Mexican Riviera cruise, my roommate, (not elite), was told she could not check in with me, nor wait in the lounge with me... They actually made her go thru the other line.  Ridiculous.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lolo4564 said:

While sailing on our last Mexican Riviera cruise, my roommate, (not elite), was told she could not check in with me, nor wait in the lounge with me... They actually made her go thru the other line.  Ridiculous.

I would have asked for a supervisor.  I made elite way before my spouse did.  He was able to take advantage of most of the perks.  I wouldn't expect it for different cabins, but in the same cabin?  That is beyond wrong not to allow your cabin mate to board with you. 

I am elite and my husband is platinum. When we sailed with another couple in December (neither person was elite or platinum) and tried to use my priority tender disembarkation for Princess Cays, I was told I could take one non-elite guest with me. Obviously, that was my husband. We just opted to wait with the rest of the passengers so we could all take the same tender, as I had booked 4 clam shells so we could be together for the day. So, in essence, 1 guest per elite passenger.

1 hour ago, Bridgewater2 said:

I am elite and my husband is platinum. When we sailed with another couple in December (neither person was elite or platinum) and tried to use my priority tender disembarkation for Princess Cays, I was told I could take one non-elite guest with me. Obviously, that was my husband. We just opted to wait with the rest of the passengers so we could all take the same tender, as I had booked 4 clam shells so we could be together for the day. So, in essence, 1 guest per elite passenger.

We have been told the same.  Now we are both elite, so it's not an issue to take another couple with us.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, partybarbie said:

We have been told the same.  Now we are both elite, so it's not an issue to take another couple with us.  

even in a different cabin ???  sorry, that's just wrong and a disservice to others who have EARNED the right to elite benefits

• Like 1

1 hour ago, partybarbie said:

A person who is not Elite in the same cabin is one thing but inviting another couple along just isn't right. :classic_sad:

Suppose all the Elites did that? Over half the ship in some instances would be granted Elite priority boarding. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

even in a different cabin ???  sorry, that's just wrong and a disservice to others who have EARNED the right to elite benefits

I'm only repeating and doing what I was told by the Captain's Circle Host.  If you don't like the policy, you are welcome to take it up with Princess. 

18 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

A person who is not Elite in the same cabin is one thing but inviting another couple along just isn't right. :classic_sad:

Suppose all the Elites did that? Over half the ship in some instances would be granted Elite priority boarding. 

IMHO, you are exaggerating.