The new regulations for Cuba are going into effect, and it doesn't look good.

FredZiffle

8 minutes ago, Peachypooh said:

I am hoping that people who are on the cruises that are re-routed go somewhere nice/where they

would be happy. If it were me Nassau would be a disappointment but Key West would be fine.

But that's just me....

Ours already includes Key West so will have to be somewhere else.  I think I'll only be disappointed if it's Great Stirrup Cay. NOt that I would mind a day at the beach, but i know some of my travel companions won't want to sit on a beach all day long.   I've only visited Nassau once on Disney Dream, and was busy with a tour the whole day.  Also only been to Grand Cayman once, have never been to Jamaica.  Cozumel seems pretty far away since our part is at Port Canaveral, though I haven't tired of Cozumel yet either.  

Edited by goksucats

1 minute ago, somechic said:

We are booked the week after on 06/24.  I am up for a mystery cruise and am not stressing over something I have no control over.  I will still be on vacation.  🙂

Exactly!!! 🙂

• Like 1

There are lots of countries which are not "friends" of the US -- where their actions and policies are  hostile to us... yet we can travel to many of those countries.

Some things just don't need to make sense, apparently !

Tom

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

There are lots of countries which are not "friends" of the US -- where their actions and policies are  hostile to us... yet we can travel to many of those countries.

Some things just don't need to make sense, apparently !

Tom

Maybe NCL will substitute Venezuela for Cuba......

• Haha 1

Did this actually come as a surprise to anyone?  Restoring a travel ban on a hostile country that had been in place for decades? 

Until the regime changes, I don’t feel that there will be any stability regarding our relationship with them, which includes safe and interrupted travel.  

2 hours ago, pinkie60 said:

I’m booked on the July 25th Sky to Cuba. After all I’ve heard about the port and the politics at this point, I hope they take us to another country. I saw a YouTube video and the terminal is dangerous for someone like me that will be having knee replacement after the cruise. No air conditioning in the terminal, the stairs I can go down not up and they only have one small elevator. At this point they can cancel our stop in Havana and take me anywhere but the Bahamas. Don’t get me wrong about the Bahamas but I go there at least once a year.  Key West and Cozumel sounds just fine. 

We were just there a few weeks back and there’s AC in the terminal also there was no problem w using the elevator....my MIL couldn’t do those stairs 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

The article said those paid before June 5th are grandfathered in, so ... I would imagine you are ok.

Assuming it is pretty well booked before tomorrow (which is likely). I don't think any of the cruise lines want to go to a port where they have to tell a large number of people they're stuck on the ship all day! Probably also depends on if the government is looking to the cruise lines to provide them proof on everyone that got off being grandfathered in - I could see them deciding it's not worth the hassle. 

Just now, stormynow said:

Will NCL refund the unused visa's?  Have 2 unused from a April cruise, still trying to get a refund from NCL. No luck.  Stormy

My guess is the visa fees go to Cuba, not the US government/NCL itself.  So unless they’re willing to eat the cost of unusable visas (or the US is), then it is doubtful the costs will be refunded.  This might be a travel insurance claim though

3 minutes ago, Kingkonig said:

My guess is the visa fees go to Cuba, not the US government/NCL itself.  So unless they’re willing to eat the cost of unusable visas (or the US is), then it is doubtful the costs will be refunded.  This might be a travel insurance claim though

Don't know first hand but have read on CC that if u don't disembark on an MSC cruise, MSC will refund

1 minute ago, thetaro said:

and of course, you are fine supporting the warmonger administration that starts the illegal wars all over the Middle East. Stop taking the moral high ground.

If by support, you mean have actually had boots on the ground over there, you got me. For the record, I don't support their political or religious ideology either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stormynow said:

Will NCL refund the unused visa's?  Have 2 unused from a April cruise, still trying to get a refund from NCL. No luck.  Stormy

If unused all unused Visas has to be returned to Guest services w no marks on them at all during the cruise to be refunded 

All unused Visas had to be returned to Guest services w no marks on them at all during the cruise to be refunded 

All unused Visas had to be returned to Guest services w no marks on them at all during the cruise to be refunded 

If YOU choose not to visit Cuba, or any other country for that matter, for any reason at all, then that's your personal preference.  However, to be told by your own country that you are not allowed to travel somewhere is beyond my understanding.  As Canadians, we live in a free country and we can make our own choices as to where we travel, or not.  Some Canadians do not want to go to Cuba, Mexico and Dominican Republic and others travel to these places whenever they want.  It's a matter of personal choice and basic freedom.  

• Like 8