Question for the pros: possible to get extension on future cruise credit deadline?

txnjcruise

Hi there,

I mostly lurk these forums, but on rare occasion actually post 🙂  and had a question the veterans and experts out there.  Is there a chance to get an extension on the "book by" date of a future cruise credit?

Quick backstory:  We had a fairly negative experience with our last cruise on princess, and have since been cruising RCL instead.  But after our last RCL cruise, we're sort of missing the Princess experience and are considering trying it again. However, by now the future cruise credits have expired.  I have nothing to lose by trying, but just curious if asking this sort of thing is a full on nonstarter or there's maybe chance. Any insight appreicated!

Thanks!

Have you not received refunds yet? 

Or or were these FCD’s comps due to your “fairly negative experience”?  In which case they are toast with no refund coming. 

For awhile after changing the expiration date from 4 to 2 years some reported being able to extend it to 4 years by calling Princess.  However as posted you would have already received a refund after 2 years & they cannot be reissued.

Sorry - I am realizing I wrote this ambiguously.  They aren't a refund for anything, they were additional credits towards a future cruise in light of our experience last time.  But sounds like either way, probably a no go.

2 minutes ago, txnjcruise said:

Sorry - I am realizing I wrote this ambiguously.  They aren't a refund for anything, they were additional credits towards a future cruise in light of our experience last time.  But sounds like either way, probably a no go.

The Future Cruise Deposit (FCD) of $100 provides a varying amount of onboard credit which since your’s expired you should have received a refund of your FCD & they cannot be reissued.

17 minutes ago, txnjcruise said:

** poof **  goodwill gesture use it or lose it

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

The Future Cruise Deposit (FCD) of $100 provides a varying amount of onboard credit which since your’s expired you should have received a refund of your FCD & they cannot be reissued.

It sounds like these were not FCDs that he purchased. These were a freebie given because of some problem on a prior cruise. Princess said something like "we're sorry for the problem, to make up for it, we'll give you $xxx off your next cruise if you book it within 18 months." When that happens, if you don't book within the time frame they give, you are out of luck and you can't get the credits back. 

1 minute ago, caa said:

It sounds like these were not FCDs that he purchased. These were a freebie given because of some problem on a prior cruise. Princess said something like "we're sorry for the problem, to make up for it, we'll give you $xxx off your next cruise if you book it within 18 months." When that happens, if you don't book within the time frame they give, you are out of luck and you can't get the credits back. 

Thanks

The credits are probably gone, but it never hurts to ask. I would contact whoever you spoke to or issued the credits before and let them know you're looking to book a cruise. They might be willing to offer you something, the worst they can say is no. 

I just used my cruise credit from our last cruise. Since I'm sailing solo, DH still has his. The terms are very specific--use it by a certain date (book by December 31, 2019, in our case) or lose it. And even though I paid for our last cruise on my credit cards, the cruise credit we received was specifically tied to our Captain's Circle numbers. I couldn't have his credit applied to my cruise.