Princess 500 Day Milestone

tcdcruiser

8 minutes ago, tcdcruiser said:

Heard that you get a few perks once you reach 500 nights.  True?  

Never heard of perks for nights. If there are, I would also like to know.

There are OBC perks for number of cruises. I think the first one is $25 at around 23 cruises. Someone may have the list with the exact numbers for each level of OBC.

10 minutes ago, tcdcruiser said:

Not sure about nights (days) at sea. You do get a small loyalty bonus based on the number of cruises:

OBC for Loyalty

21 - 31 cruise credits $25 onboard cabin credit
32 - 41 cruise credits $50 onboard cabin credit
42 - 51 cruise credits $75 onboard cabin credit
52+ cruise credits $100 onboard cabin credit

On our last cruise, our tablemates reached their 500 day milestone. There were goodies in the cabin and at the Captain's Circle party they had a table of honor and were introduced as part of the ceremony. IIRC, they also had a personal visit to the bridge.

Yes, only on the voyage you reach the particular milestone, so it is not perks from that cruise forward. There was a thread regarding milestone cruises, so try and search. Was told this program can be revised, cancelled at any time which is why to my knowledge, there is no written description you will be able to find on Princess. Originally I believe the milestone program recognized based on number of cruise credits starting at 50 and then every 25 after. I think this was the same year Princess celebrated 50 years. About a couple of years ago, milestones are now recognized starting at 500 days, then every 250. 

I believe the perks at 500 are a floral arrangement for the cabin, bottle of champagne, canapés, and recognition at the captain circle party if there is one with a certificate. Starting at 750, you get to go to breakfast at specialty restaurant like Suite guests for that mile stone cruise only.

2 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

O n our last cruise, our tablemates reached their 500 day milestone. There were goodies in the cabin and at the Captain's Circle party they had a table of honor and were introduced as part of the ceremony. IIRC, they also had a personal visit to the bridge.

You also get flowers and champagne plus the suite breakfast in Sabatini’s. The milestone recognition occurs in increments of 250. After 500 it’s 750 then 1000 etc. 

1 minute ago, Crzn-Life said:

You also get flowers and champagne plus the suite breakfast in Sabatini’s. The milestone recognition occurs in increments of 250. After 500 it’s 750 then 1000 etc. 

Just to clarify, 500 days does NOT get breakfast at Sabitinis. Have to wait until 750 days for that one. 

Bridge tours are not guaranteed at milestone, as I was not offered when I reached 500 on the Royal , December 2017, but did get the other goodies. Also since the Royal  had a concierge lounge for Suite guests, got access to that lounge too. If they take your picture receiving the certificate from the captain at the captain circle party they will print you a copy for free.

2 minutes ago, idahospud said:

Just to clarify, 500 days does NOT get breakfast at Sabitinis. Have to wait until 750 days for that one. 

Wow Deb. You’re fast. You were correcting me at the same time I was editing. 

What happens for couples when they meet the milestone separately? I'm about to go on solo back-to-back cruises next week, so I'll now be 14 days ahead of DH. I'll be about two-fifths of the way to 500 days at the conclusion of these cruises. If I do more solo cruises, I could see getting there several cruises ahead of DH by the time I reach 500 days.

Edited by geoherb

12 minutes ago, geoherb said:

What happens for couples when they meet the milestone separately? I'm about to go on solo back-to-back cruises next week, so I'll now be 14 days ahead of DH. I'll be about two-fifths of the way to 500 days at the conclusion of these cruises. If I do more solo cruises, I could see getting there several cruises ahead of DH by the time I reach 500 days.

Two different milestone events.

I'm a little ahead of my hubby and I celebrated mine last cruise and he'll get his on our cruise in September. 

Edited by idahospud
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, geoherb said:

I would ask the Captain's Circle rep.

Also, you only get the recognition (including breakfast in Sabatini's on the leg where you hit the magic number. A year ago we were on a b2b2b which was booked as three cruises. We hit 750 on the first leg. We did not get the breakfast on the second or third leg. Nor did we get a second batch of flowers or bottle of champagne. 

10 hours ago, tcdcruiser said:

True. You receive recognition on the cruise where hit reach 500 nights on Princess. We reached this milestone on our last cruise. In addition to the normal Captain's Circle benefits we received:

Flowers, which lasted the entire 15 days.

Fairly good bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries from the maitre'd.

Special recognition at the regular Captain's Circle event which included ordering any drinks we wanted and certificates.

A special tour of the bridge.

Believe that recognitions can vary, not always the same. Passengers are also recognized at 750 days, 1,000 days and so on.

This Is really a nice thing for Princess to do. They don’t have to anything but they do and we should appreciate that for what it is. Clearly this can change at a moment’s notice but all the same it is nice. 

We cruise Princess all the time and are well on the way and w would continue to cruise with them whether they do this or not. We enjoy the product.

IMHO.

Thank you.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, wallyj said:

If they take your picture receiving the certificate from the captain at the captain circle party they will print you a copy for free.

That's a new one for me.

I've never heard of it before & don't normally have a photo taken at the repeaters party.

I'll be sure to make a point of it when the time rolls around. 

Yes, we also received a photo with the Captain, no charge. Forgot about it. It's kind of a duplicate since we also received a free photo with the Captain at the top 40 lunch. So on our b2b voyage we received two photos at the top 40 lunches and one at the 500 day recognition. These are all filed away never to be looked at again.

• Haha 2

You may want to consider how to book the milestone cruises, especially those with breakfast at Sabatini's. We hit 750 last year on a b2b2b. We had booked it as 3 cruises (only choice). We only got the breakfast for the leg which included the Milestone day. Net year we will hit 1000. We will e on a b2b booked as one cruise. I am hoping we will get for both legs.

24 minutes ago, paul929207 said:

You may want to consider how to book the milestone cruises, especially those with breakfast at Sabatini's. We hit 750 last year on a b2b2b. We had booked it as 3 cruises (only choice). We only got the breakfast for the leg which included the Milestone day. Net year we will hit 1000. We will e on a b2b booked as one cruise. I am hoping we will get for both legs.

I didn't think it made any difference how the cruise was booked.

Did you hear otherwise or is it just wishful thinking ?

I asked the Cap Circle Rep last year and she thought it would be the longer time for us next year, but she didn't seem real confident in her answer. So I guess my comment is more wishful thinking. I shouldn't be greedy. The leg with the actual day is 25 days long. before that we have a 10 day leg. However, both are booked as one cruise.