DOES ALLURE OFFER LUGGAGE ASSIST TO AIRPORT?

We are on the Allure on July 28th.

Does anyone know if the Allure offers the program that delivers your luggage to the Ft. Lauderdale Airport? We are flying on JetBlue and our flight leaves at Noontime. We are travelling with 10 family members and it would be a great help to have our luggage delivered to the airport.

I am not sure if it is the ship or the airline offers the service. I just remember hearing about it on another cruise.

Thank you for your help.

You sign up for it onboard. Your flight needs to be after a certain time. You will receive the info in your stateroom on how to sign up a few days prior to departure. Once you sign up,  you will receive boarding passes and airline luggage tags in your stateroom. You set the luggage outside your stateroom the night before and the next you’ll see of them is at your final destination. At least that’s the way I remember it, it’s been a few years since we used it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, blackshirt said:

You sign up for it onboard. Your flight needs to be after a certain time. You will receive the info in your stateroom on how to sign up a few days prior to departure. Once you sign up,  you will receive boarding passes and airline luggage tags in your stateroom. You set the luggage outside your stateroom the night before and the next you’ll see of them is at your final destination. At least that’s the way I remember it, it’s been a few years since we used it.

that sounds right

26 minutes ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

Has anyone every used it?.. did they see their luggage again?

I've only read of one time where someone had a problem getting their luggage, but the vast majority report positive results.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, blackshirt said:

Thank you very much for the information. you have been very helpful.

I am curious though, is your luggage safe going through all of these transfers from ship to airport? I guess it will be a little scary waiting to see if it all shows up at our destination airport.

Has anyone experienced losing any of their luggage in the process?

Thank You. 

I have used luggage valet on every cruise where it was available. 

Yes, there are parameters regarding Airlines and flight times; it has worked perfectly every time, even on flights w/connections. For me, worth every penny. 

• Like 1

I've used it several times and never had a problem, luggage showed up on the carousel every time. Just make sure that you don't pack something you need for the flight home like clothing items (one traveling companion forgot to leave out socks) cause you don't see the bags from the time you put them out until you collect them at the destination airport.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

Has anyone every used it?.. did they see their luggage again?

Yes my family has used it every time we cruise with Royal...It is the best!!! We pick up our luggage when we arrive at our hometown airport. If you are not Grand Suite or above you pay per person use to be 20.00 but i think the price has gone up, but still worth every penny. Our last cruise was a Grand Suite so I don't remember what the new price is.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, kdnurs said:

Yes my family has used it every time we cruise with Royal...It is the best!!! We pick up our luggage when we arrive at our hometown airport. If you are not Grand Suite or above you pay per person use to be 20.00 but i think the price has gone up, but still worth every penny. Our last cruise was a Grand Suite so I don't remember what the new price is.

Good to know 🙂

Used it a few times. Big fan. Once cruise I signed up via the stateroom t.v. system, was in the system and could see that, was waiting for it to process, then it wasn't showing up anymore, by the time I spoke with Guest Services about it they didn't see where we'd been in the system and it was too late to add us back.

My take home is use it if you can! Was well worth the cost. Makes that trip home so much easier to deal with. But follow through and make sure they've got you in the system. 

How many things are so good that even after a bad experience someone can't wait to sign up for it again?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, nalatrixie74 said:

i'm curious about using southwest and getting checked in as early as possible for a good boarding position. does anyone have experience with them?

We always use Early Bird boarding for return flights. That way we don't have to worry about what time the ship checks you in.

I think the fee for Luggage Direct is $25, but free for grand suite and above. It doesn't include any fees for baggage handling charged by the air lines.

We used in once, last October and were apprehensive but it was all for naught. It was nice to see it come down to the carousel, and it was one of the first bags to show up. Maybe it's a coincidence as our bags are normally one of the last ones. 

On 6/13/2019 at 1:09 PM, boscobeans said:

Each person has to sign up if you want the correct amount of airline boarding passes.

Not exactly.  

I've used it for my bag and my son's bag both under my name (had two checked bags allowed), then just checked my son in online to get his boarding pass.  That way I only had to pay the $20 fee once.  

I absolutely adore the Luggage Valet service, and have used it for both non-stop flights and connections with great success.  When I've had free checked bags from the airline due to flying first class or having the airline's credit card, I make a notation on the sign-up form and it's never been a problem. 

The biggest thing to be aware of is packing toiletries to go home -- if you're going to be carrying on your bag that you keep in the room with you the last night, you need to make sure any liquids will meet the carry-on rules for the TSA.   With a little planning, this isn't a problem. 

You can ask your room steward for extra glasses (in advance, not at the last minute!) and squirt some toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, or whatever into a glass to use the last night / next morning, and pack the bigger bottles.  (If you do forget to ask your room steward, hit up a bar and ask for some shot glasses, or grab some water glasses from Cafe Promenade.)

Another option is to keep one smaller bag in the room that last night that you're going to check at the airport.  You can put the whole family's toiletries in that bag the last morning, and then check it on arrival at the airport so you don't have to go through security with it. 

ALWAYS make sure you have your passport or other identification before you set out your luggage at night -- you will NOT see that bag again until you get to your home airport!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Not exactly.  

I've used it for my bag and my son's bag both under my name (had two checked bags allowed), then just checked my son in online to get his boarding pass.  That way I only had to pay the $20 fee once.  

Yes, you are correct.

I should gave posted that if you want the ship to prepare both boarding passes then you have to both sign up.

Edited by boscobeans