Does anyone else feel that they were robbed by NCL

Charlesw1968

On 6/13/2019 at 10:26 PM, BirdTravels said:

I am not sure that I understand. The OP has access to the Concierge and entire concierge staff 16 hours a day. The OP had direct access to the Hotel Manager and Assistant Hotel Manager. But chooses to wait until they are off the ship, create a brand new CC account, and complain that they were robbed. 

If I were robbed, I would report the theft at the time it happened. Especially if it made me as upset as the OP seems to be. 

You always resolve issues before you step foot off the ship. 

Exactly, we complained about a double-charge on the boat (once we noticed it).  Not only did they correct it, they removed the original charge and offered us free laundry service.  I've found them pretty accommodating, especially if you question them nicely with a amiable tone.

15 hours ago, vamom76 said:

Exactly, we complained about a double-charge on the boat (once we noticed it).  Not only did they correct it, they removed the original charge and offered us free laundry service.  I've found them pretty accommodating, especially if you question them nicely with a amiable tone.

all I can say is, I am glad I didn't have to cruise with her. Some people are never satisfied or have an axe to grind.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/13/2019 at 8:52 AM, Peachypooh said:

It was a blistering hot day (not Atlantis's fault) and the complex is massive. They opened the box office

20 min late(their fault ). We stood in line for 45 min. so thank goodness I had water with us.

The complex is massive with poor signage. Little things like

"the lazy river has multiple access points so pay attention to where you got on so you can reunite

with family" was not told to us so we ended up wasting almost an hour trying to find each other.

Texting didn't work even though we had signed up for a plan. Lunch was overpriced. A wrap and

bottle of water was $20 each. But for me the worst was the employees either because they were

new or in a bad mood consistently pointed in the opposite direction of where we asked to go. Which

way is the children's play area? They pointed in the exact opposite way. So when family tried to find

us they were directed to a sand dune. Now writing this I see it was  a bit of an exaggeration but if you have

ever been hot to the point of fainting and alarmed because you couldn't find your family in a big

park and pay $800 for the priviledge you can see why I was upset. PS I had tried to download

a map before we left home and it was not detailed at all and sure enough it was the same useless

map handed out.

You should have done a 90 minute time share and receive all of the above for free !!🍹

On 6/14/2019 at 11:47 AM, RedwingHockeyFan said:

I get tired of the "don't book this cruise line because I had a bad experience" posts.  maybe I'm lucky or just easy going but I haven't had a bad cruise with any cruise line.  I keep feeling that I'm in line for one of these "bad cruises" but I doubt it. 

I went on my last cruise with someone who I thought was just like the typical negative poster.  Seems there wasn't anything up to her standards and she complained about everything it seemed, mostly it was the dining rooms though.  It was her first ever cruise but all she talks about was how she had a great time despite all the complaining she did.

I mean I have some inconvenient experiences but nothing I would go and warn someone to never cruise over.  Last cruise I tried to go to the noodle bar and they told me I needed a reservation for that night even when I tried to make a reservation and the system said I didn't need one.  Then I made a reservation for a few nights later which they lost or forgot about but sat the family anyway.  Last night of the cruise I came down with a cold so I stayed in the room.  I ordered room service which never came.  my wife just grabbed me some food from the buffet.  No big deal to me.  The negatives don't outweigh the positives and I look forward to my next cruise.

I have a good friend who wanted to take a cruise with us.  He and his sister cruises with us a lot.  It was on a Celebrity in which we were booked for 6 day Caribbean special...good prices and full drink package.  My friend and his sister always booked an inside cabin.  My husband and I decided to surprise them and we paid the $100 pp upgrade that came thru for a cons. level cabin...balcony..full drink package...we thought it would be a nice surprise:classic_biggrin:  about a month before the cruise my friend got a new girlfriend.  ( I actually introduced them ) and changed the cabin mate from his sister to his girlfriend....Now he still didn't know about the upgrade surprise we made.  Well , this girl went on a 6 day cruise in a cons. bal cabin with full drink package...it was her first cruise...she hated everything !!!  Complained about eveything.  My husband and I wondered how she would have reacted to an inside cabin !!!...WE felt that his sister was the one who lost out....that was a few years ago...they are still together...he hasn't taken another cruise...because of her...but like I said they are still together ...My husband is a little sad because he lost his picture taking buddy...🍹 I regret that I introduced them....he's no fun anymore:classic_biggrin:

I noticed the OP opens your question by establishing what a fortune you paid, and how long it took you to amass that amount of money.

If anyone asked me (and they didn't) ... there's your problem right there.

This cruise could have been flawless but your mind was made up before the first blast of the horn.  Because you were fixed on how much money you wasted ahead of time, no one could have done anything to save this vacation for you which was doomed to getting a horrible review regardless of how much bowing and scraping the ship's staff did.

7 minutes ago, Beaver1975 said:

Deluxe or not, it is still an owners suite, Richard.

If you were going to sail on Escape and you booked a Haven Deluxe Spa Suite (H8) and NCL put you in a Haven Spa Suite (H9) and said "...it's still a Spa Suite...", how would you react?

7 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

If you were going to sail on Escape and you booked a Haven Deluxe Spa Suite (H8) and NCL put you in a Haven Spa Suite (H9) and said "...it's still a Spa Suite...", how would you react?

Still trying to argue a mountain out of a molehill...

If person A was booked in the H8 and person B was booked in the H9 and each said "I booked a Spa Suite", are they both wrong?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SeaShark said:

If person A was booked in the H8 and person B was booked in the H9 and each said "I booked a Spa Suite", are they both wrong? 

If person A gave a review of Joy and stated that their 3 Bedroom Garden Villa was terrible, would person A be wrong?

1 minute ago, Two Wheels Only said:

If person A gave a review of Joy and stated that their 3 Bedroom Garden Villa was terrible, would person A be wrong?

Apples and Oranges

There is no Garden Villa on the Joy, yet in the example I gave there ARE Spa Suites on the Escape. Just like the OP was correct in that they were in an Owner's Suite on the Joy and you got all bent that they didn't use the full descriptive name that NCL uses. Yet everyone except you understands exactly where the OP stayed.

15 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

why not just answer the question that was actually asked. 

Nobody answered my questions, either...

The OP has 3 posts on 3 threads.

In the OP's 1st post, the same mistake was made and was corrected by dexddd. Was dexddd wrong?

In the OP's 2nd post, the same mistake was made and was corrected by BirdTravels. Was BirdTravels wrong?

In the OP's 3rd post, the same mistake was made and was corrected by Two Wheels Only. Was I wrong?...or was the simple fact that I corrected someone the problem?

31 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Nobody answered my questions, either...

The OP has 3 posts on 3 threads.

In the OP's 1st post, the same mistake was made and was corrected by dexddd. Was dexddd wrong?

In the OP's 2nd post, the same mistake was made and was corrected by BirdTravels. Was BirdTravels wrong?

In the OP's 3rd post, the same mistake was made and was corrected by Two Wheels Only. Was I wrong?...or was the simple fact that I corrected someone the problem?

The problem is that it wasn't a mistake...except to you.  See post #37.

On 6/13/2019 at 5:50 AM, Charlesw1968 said:

I spent an extreme amount of money to give my family the vacation of a lifetime. We had the Owner's Suite on the Joy in May   I saved for over a year and a half to get this cruise and was completely disappointed.  NCL could care less about my horrible experience.  Everything from horrible food to overcrowded and even the a/c which has to be constantly turned back own ( because it automatically shuts its self off after being on for an hour).  All I can say is stay away from this cruise line.  I have had much better experiences on Carnival and Royal Caribbean.    Cruise at your own risk.  You have been warned

Whew. Thanks for that advice and warning. 

Edited by SailBreakaway