What have I done??

Lottacruises

I'm so desperate to get a cruise in before my next scheduled one that I booked a previously sold out one that sails in less than 7 days. Yay!! 

My dilemma is that I was clicking through the book now price, getting more and more excited, and when I gotten end it said "this price is for the upper/lower". When looking at these, there are some with hallways on both sides (deck 11) and there are some right next to an elevator. I mean it butts up against the elevator... eek!!!!

Anyway, I'm nervous, but excited. I can't wait to be in my first upper/lower!! More cuddling, lol

40 minutes ago, Lottacruises said:

I'm so desperate to get a cruise in before my next scheduled one that I booked a previously sold out one that sails in less than 7 days. Yay!! 

My dilemma is that I was clicking through the book now price, getting more and more excited, and when I gotten end it said "this price is for the upper/lower". When looking at these, there are some with hallways on both sides (deck 11) and there are some right next to an elevator. I mean it butts up against the elevator... eek!!!!

Anyway, I'm nervous, but excited. I can't wait to be in my first upper/lower!! More cuddling, lol

Image result for carnival upper/lower stateroom

What do you mean ... "more cuddling"?  Upper/Lower usually means 2 bunk beds ... one upper ... either comes down from ceiling/or the wall and one bunk lower ... on the floor.  

Did you book Guarantee?  So Carnival chooses where the cabin is located?  If yes, then that is all you get.  

Edited by CruiseGal999
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CruiseGal999 said:

What do you mean ... "more cuddling"?  Upper/Lower usually means 2 bunk beds ... one upper ... either comes down from ceiling/or the wall and one bunk lower ... on the floor.  

Did you book Guarantee?  So Carnival chooses where the cabin is located?  If yes, then that is all you get.  

I think the implication is that they each plan to use the lower bunk.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CruiseGal999 said:

More cuddling means neither me or  my husband are sleeping in the top bunk.

I'm not asking for anything more!

Edited by Lottacruises
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, riffatsea said:

There is nothing wrong with being by an elevator!

We do that on purpose all the time!

My problem would but the upper/lower bunk beds.

I've been by them before but never shared a wall with one. 

The upper/lower is new to us, but maybe that means more floor space. It's going to be a great cruise, I'm just glad a room opened up this close to sailing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, evandbob said:

I think the implication is that they each plan to use the lower bunk.

Perhaps they are young.  I would at the very least take an inside cabin where the 2 twins become a queen bed.  I hope they have fun .... 

My DH and I shared one of the twin size beds the first cruise we went on together (long story). While it wasn't the most comfortable thing ever, it really wasn't as bad as one would think lol. 

• Like 1

On 6/14/2019 at 5:59 PM, pblack said:

My DH and I shared one of the twin size beds the first cruise we went on together (long story). While it wasn't the most comfortable thing ever, it really wasn't as bad as one would think lol. 

I was thinking adventure. I was assigned my cabin today and it turned out to be a 4G, so no upper/lower. 

Honestly, I was looking forward to the upper/lower.... Lol

Now, Thursday come on down!!!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lottacruises said:

I was thinking adventure. I was assigned my cabin today and it turned out to be a 4G, so no upper/lower. 

Honestly, I was looking forward to the upper/lower.... Lol

Now, Thursday come on down!!!!!

It probably would have only been an adventure for the first couple of  nights and then just got old fast.  LOL!  Congratulations on being assigned a cabin with a real bed.  🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiggerontheseas said:

It probably would have only been an adventure for the first couple of  nights and then just got old fast.  LOL!  Congratulations on being assigned a cabin with a real bed.  🙂

It's only a four nigit so it may have been ok, may have been....lol

1 hour ago, Micah's Grandad said:

We had one once and beds too narrow and I wound up sleeping on the floor. Never again

Uh oh!! Sleeping on the floor would not have been good. 

2 hours ago, Stallion said:

...Still better than waking up and going to work in the morning-seriously I've never had a bad day at sea in 25 cruises

Same here, but I have never slept on the floor or tried to sleep two people in a single bed. I know it doesn’t matter based on recent posts, but I assume the OP and her husband are both very small if they were planning to sleep in the same single bed