why take away pricing on the new site?

luckyinpa

There is an option to select your room preference.

I don't like the site either but you can input your preferences, once the initial location is selected. If you don't select the locations/date, all cruises for the selected number of days will populate.

The search results pages still show pricing for all cabin categories not sold out.

When you click on a specific sailing to start a mock booking only your default price category shows. Been that way for quite a long time. Before getting the search results you can choose which specific price category to populate on the crusie-specific page using the dropdown that is revealed by clicking on 'Show more options' on the Advance Search page (at the point where the calendars are shown allowing you to narrow down results by month).

image.thumb.png.e1735a97f757b353d550ffe841f92f8d.png

Edited by fishywood

i must have a different setup. up until this week i always saw categories. today i see just int. pricing on the page. 

the old way has been that way a long time as i check pricing every day. its very annoying not to be able to see across categories on the main search page. i took a screen shot of the new page i see and found on google images an old shot. there's a default setting to make it like the british page below i'm all ears

if it cannot be changed back then they need to change their marketing. just seeing a cheap interior price is not satisfactory. 

1672115733_oldone.PNG.55952e8a1fee8c004c1a9bbb993a228d.PNGscreen.thumb.PNG.fa154d03cffc2b1d4b95893f56437088.PNG

I always just go into the cruises I have booked or thinking of booking and go through a mock booking to check out prices.  Did that today and if anyone has booked recently or thinking of booking a Med/Adriatic cruise around end of summer, 2020, please go check out prices now!  My Med. cruise pricing has gone down significantly from when sip n' sail sale started.  Prices went up a little when sale started and now really took a decent dip. (Example, mid CC  mini from $2719 couple days ago to today being $2544.  So go check out your mock booking!

Pooh

I still see all the prices, what I have noticed is the difference of pricing on mobile devices, i.e. IPAD and then when I check my computer, the mobile device site gets the cheaper prices a day or so before the computer device.  Also noticed that like someone said above to do the mock booking to see the real price.  Sometimes is lower and you gotta catch that, I did a mock booking on my cruise and got a lower price than the one advertised, so booked it, now days later if i do a mock booking the price is as advertised.  It is like they have "secret flash sales" and you have to do mock bookings to see it.  

image.png.90ec22bcbfca669eba8ab9ffc2a003a5.png

The pricing is still there, it just takes a couple of easy clicks to get to. I haven't found it to be at all cumbersome. I can still gauge the relative pricing of one sailing compared to another with the basic info provided on the main search screen. But if I really wanted to see it with a particular category, there's a simple filter you can apply on the main search page

First, the fastest way, if you want to see one specific category:

931696972_Annotation2019-06-19093410.thumb.JPG.b33231479dcc29945c6082a9e9ce01e8.JPG

If, instead, you want to see all the categories it's a couple of easy clicks. 

1487462577_Annotation2019-06-19092943.JPG.c3eedf586e4ef7b39d174be0d7c7ace3.JPG

1674503160_Annotation2019-06-19092956.thumb.JPG.a010cb364ff67d73cf735775f74d8a52.JPG

1325463825_Annotation2019-06-19093003.JPG.1153dd38cc8049f01fe0c6ebc0ced855.JPG

27 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

i must have a different setup. up until this week i always saw categories. today i see just int. pricing on the page. 

the old way has been that way a long time as i check pricing every day. its very annoying not to be able to see across categories on the main search page. i took a screen shot of the new page i see and found on google images an old shot. there's a default setting to make it like the british page below i'm all ears

if it cannot be changed back then they need to change their marketing. just seeing a cheap interior price is not satisfactory. 

1672115733_oldone.PNG.55952e8a1fee8c004c1a9bbb993a228d.PNGscreen.thumb.PNG.fa154d03cffc2b1d4b95893f56437088.PNG

"as low as" !!!!! - discounts "up to" !!!!!!

whattayagonnado ???  just have your TA do it all

31 minutes ago, Lido deck main said:

I still see all the prices, what I have noticed is the difference of pricing on mobile devices, i.e. IPAD and then when I check my computer, the mobile device site gets the cheaper prices a day or so before the computer device.  Also noticed that like someone said above to do the mock booking to see the real price.  Sometimes is lower and you gotta catch that, I did a mock booking on my cruise and got a lower price than the one advertised, so booked it, now days later if i do a mock booking the price is as advertised.  It is like they have "secret flash sales" and you have to do mock bookings to see it.  

image.png.90ec22bcbfca669eba8ab9ffc2a003a5.png

i cannot get my laptop screen to do that at all. which is why i think there may be some kind of setting. how can i get that type of search back? 

regarding those that dont mind  'a few more clicks', why would you not want the 5 prices up front as in the pic here  in this post? why do you want to click a few clicks. they had it easy to compare. now they dont. my fingers dont need the exercise.

for instance i constantly look for cheap last minute fares. this is virtually impossible now to do quickly. recently the alaska cruises would have pricing like 299 int and maybe 599 balc..others were 299 int but 1500 balc. to have to click thru and see how much balcs are via the 'few clicks' mentioned above is crazy. then to click on each date would take forever. in the old days you hit a button and saw all the dates, all categories on one page. 

they have made things more difficult to compare and i'm guessing thats how they wanted it. i shop by price not by destination but i must have been the only one since they changed it. or they wanna make my life more difficult

but since i cannot easily see the 'great deals' on the balconies, im much less likely to be interested. where as if i see a balcony is just 599 for something like alaska that would definitely be of interest. i'm not going to daily click into each date. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fishywood said:

The search results pages still show pricing for all cabin categories not sold out.

When you click on a specific sailing to start a mock booking only your default price category shows. Been that way for quite a long time. Before getting the search results you can choose which specific price category to populate on the crusie-specific page using the dropdown that is revealed by clicking on 'Show more options' on the Advance Search page (at the point where the calendars are shown allowing you to narrow down results by month).

image.thumb.png.e1735a97f757b353d550ffe841f92f8d.png

Unfortunately, this is what I see when I click on "Plan a Cruise". It's the NEW, IMPROVED!!! front page.

I did a comment and asked them to PLEASE bring me back to the old one. Why do they want to fix something that was the best in the industry? One of the reasons I stay with Princess (so far) is because it's so easy to book a cruise online compared to the other cruise lines that I've looked at.

If you get this nasty upgrade...COMPLAIN!!

2019-06-19_071427.png

5 minutes ago, ExploringTheGlobe said:

I hate the new search page also.  I don't find it very user friendly but I found a way around it, at least for now.  I bookmarked the old search address and it allows me to search through the old method.  https://www.princess.com/find/search.do

JEAN YUS!!!!

Having the pricing grid display in search results is a function of the browser window width. On a mobile device one could try using landscape (sideways) and a full screen window. On larger screens try widening the browser window.

4 minutes ago, broberts said:

Having the pricing grid display in search results is a function of the browser window width. On a mobile device one could try using landscape (sideways) and a full screen window. On larger screens try widening the browser window.

my monitor had stayed at a constant 24 inches the past 2 years. yet i dont see the old search unless i use the link above

Just now, luckyinpa said:

my monitor had stayed at a constant 24 inches the past 2 years. yet i dont see the old search unless i use the link above

Is your browser set to use the entire width? If so, I wonder if clearing cookies for the Princess site would correct the issue.

For me, this seems to be browser dependent. On my Windows laptop, if I visit princess.com in three different browsers, here are the results I get when clicking on Plan a Cruise:

- Microsoft Edge: https://www.princess.com/cruise-search/cruises

- Firefox: https://www.princess.com/cruise-search/cruises

- Chrome: https://www.princess.com/find/search.do

So Chrome is the only one giving me the old experience that many seem to prefer. All of my browsers were at full screen width and my screen is plenty wide enough to show the entire page with margins, so that has nothing to do with which default search page appears. Logging in or out of the site also does not have any effect.

I tried the old page by pasting the link into Firefox and Edge and it still works fine in both browsers. The old search results page loads much, much faster on all three browsers than the new one does too. It's very noticeable if you just click on the default 635 results button. 

1 hour ago, ExploringTheGlobe said:

I hate the new search page also.  I don't find it very user friendly but I found a way around it, at least for now.  I bookmarked the old search address and it allows me to search through the old method.  https://www.princess.com/find/search.do

Thank you SO much!  The new format has been such an irritation for me.  I definitely have this link bookmarked for my future cruise searches!