Beverage Package question

Fuzzyape

If this has already been addressed, please let me know (and I'll do more searching in the boards).

DW and I are doing the new locks in 2021.  We took advantage of the sip and sail sale.  My question is this.  If I want a diet coke can I get a can?  Or will it be the same way they pour it for the soda cards?  I know, odd question.  I prefer the cans, but if comes from the soda gun no biggie.  Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Counting down the days.

22 minutes ago, Fuzzyape said:

If this has already been addressed, please let me know (and I'll do more searching in the boards).

DW and I are doing the new locks in 2021.  We took advantage of the sip and sail sale.  My question is this.  If I want a diet coke can I get a can?  Or will it be the same way they pour it for the soda cards?  I know, odd question.  I prefer the cans, but if comes from the soda gun no biggie.  Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Counting down the days.

you can buy a can at a 25% discount off the menu price ... not sure about the 18% gratuity as that was paid when you purchased the PBP

23 minutes ago, paul929207 said:

I believe only fountain sodas are included, no cans.

Which cruise will you be on? We are on the Emerald February 23, 2021 for two 15 day B2B cruises thru the canal.

Jan 24th is the one we'll be on...B2B on a 15 day color me envious!

2 minutes ago, antsp said:

$70 + a day and you can’t get a can of soda. Wow. Do passengers really actually buy this package. 

$70/day includes alcoholic drinks.

$24/day for anything w/o alcohol (including coffee).

$12/day for anything but alcohol and coffee.

3 minutes ago, antsp said:

Yes I know, mind boggling at that price $70 a day they won’t let you have a can of soda

I think most people find that pretty boggling. It's hard to understand the reasoning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, antsp said:

Yes I know, mind boggling at that price $70 a day they won’t let you have a can of soda

😄 lol  I get all my soda in my alcoholic beverage intake 

• Haha 1

It's all about the bottom line. It's much more cost effective to dispense a soda from a fountain gun than the same soda from a can. As a result, more profit to the cruise line. I don't begrudge profit to any company but one of my concerns is that the only diet soda available from the fountain guns is Diet Coke with caffeine. Accordingly, if you have a beverage package and want a caffeine-free diet soda, the only option is to purchase a can of Sprite Zero or the like.

Alan

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, loving goldens said:

Are you allowed to carry on cans of soda? I assume they have coke products? We would rather Pepsi? 

Yes, no limits, as much as you like. You can bring on as much non-alcoholic beverage as you like. Our preference, we like to bring on the 7 ounce cans. They are easy to carry around, fit well in the fridge, and are just about right for a single serving.

Edited by skynight
  • Like 1

A couple of things.  Normally for DW and I the beverage package isn't worth it.  I can't drink that many beers every day to pay for the package.  I've purchased cans of diet coke at the bars in the past (I prefer the can over the gun).

The only reason we have the package on this cruise is because of the sip and sail sale.  Otherwise, we would just pay for it.  But lots of good information!

Counting down the days!