Buy a robe onboard and use coupon?

I would like to buy my friend, who is sailing for the very first time ever, a robe to use on our cruise.  I know we get coupons at Diamond level for %15 or so off of RC logo items.  Can I buy one onboard the Allure in their main shop?  I’ve never looked for one onboard.  I know I can preorder but if I have a coupon, I will go that route if possible to save a bit.  

I appreciate any input or experience on this topic.

Our experience with logo shop discounts is that everything is always on sale and the 15% off coupons don't apply to sale items.  Maybe you will get lucky, but I'd purchase pre-cruise to be sure to get the item.

If it's not important to keep it,  ask her cabin steward, he can probably dig one up for free.

We get our automatically, but our cabin steward walked by while our friend was joking about how there are no robes in her inside cabin, and our cabin steward was like, "what's your room number?" and he had two sent to her room 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

If it's not important to keep it,  ask her cabin steward, he can probably dig one up for free.

We get our automatically, but our cabin steward walked by while our friend was joking about how there are no robes in her inside cabin, and our cabin steward was like, "what's your room number?" and he had two sent to her room 

Agree...and not only...that...but the OP should consider the extra weight the purchased robe might just make to her friend's return luggage weight.

Nice idea/thought but the OP could probably find another momento to mark this first cruise.

Thanks everyone, yes we were planning on her keeping it.  We get them in our room plus my husband owns one.  Being as this is her very first cruise (other than the 20 years she spent in the Navy) she will not get one in her room. I warned her to save space for things to be brought back from her trip.  She is prepared. 😎

1 hour ago, matj2000 said:

it does not matter if it is her first cruise.

If you ask, they will get you one.

Who would want to own one anyway?

I would agree that few would want one of those scratchy terry cloth ones, but the deluxe version is actually very nice. Whether worth the price is another question, but they do feel quite good on!  I too have never seen them in the Royal shops.

Edited by 2Beeze

The one my husband owns is very nice, soft, and luxurious.  I’m not sure about the scratchy ones?  We have a hot tub on our patio.  When you walk outside in the winter months in Ohio and it’s 20 degrees outside , you would be happy to have a robe on until you hit the hot tub. 😆. He loves his for that reason. 

22 hours ago, 2Beeze said:

I would agree that few would want one of those scratchy terry cloth ones, but the deluxe version is actually very nice. Whether worth the price is another question, but they do feel quite good on!  I too have never seen them in the Royal shops.

see I gotta disagree.  I found  it to be way too bulky and unwieldy  to wear.  not to mention hot as Hades in the Caribbean.  I can't imagine trying to pack one neatly to take home.   I actually do prefer the thinner ones..

40 minutes ago, spookwife said:

see I gotta disagree.  I found  it to be way too bulky and unwieldy  to wear.  not to mention hot as Hades in the Caribbean.  I can't imagine trying to pack one neatly to take home.   I actually do prefer the thinner ones..

I think we may actually be talking about the same robe  😊 It is the thinner one that I am saying is nicer. It’s an entirely different material than that bulky ones, the terry cloth one (at least from what we have experienced there are huge, thick terry cloth ones that I said were scratchy and then there is a thinner one feels almost like a lightly quilts velour that we prefer). The ones we don’t like would be horrible to pack and very hot.  It seems to me that we actually agreed, no?

* I assume the one they sell is the nicer one that I am saying that I like. But I haven’t ordered one so I can’t say for sure. 

Edited by 2Beeze