Carnival Cruise Stock Price, Over A Two Year Low Analyst Down on Company 

Anyone else looking at the price of the stock?  It has fallen since the beginning of the year.  not sure how much lower it will go but it makes the stock ownership credit look even better. Added to the fact that the stock pays a good  dividend at about $2.00 per share or  4.3% return. So the 100 shares required for the OBC is under $5000 dollars.  If you take a  couple of cruises a year your return on investment will be over 10% total.  (dividend plus OBC).  

We have used the program for years and saved a lot of money on our cruises. The market analyst  are down on the company now but long term it seems like it is still a great move for those cruising, with the company.  

https://www.nasdaq.com/article/heres-why-investors-should-steer-clear-of-carnival-ccl-cm1168991

I guess we must have bought the stock quite a while ago since it is about 40% higher than the price we paid for it. And the dividend has doubled since we bought it. The price did seem to be going up slightly at the end of last week, but I see yesterday was not a good day for the stock.

Don't buy a stock for a perk like OBC.  Buy a value stock because you think the company is sound and has growing , strong revenue sources/market, low debt ratio, good cash flow, and if needing the income pays a good dividend.

7 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Don't buy a stock for a perk like OBC.  Buy a value stock because you think the company is sound and has growing , strong revenue sources/market, low debt ratio, good cash flow, and if needing the income pays a good dividend.

I agree the other factors are important...... But buying with the OBC is another value that is added to the overall investment. It really should be looked at, for tax year 2018 my return was over 12.8 percent between dividends and OBC, so the OBC is a important part of the overall stock value. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TrinaLC said:

Can 2 in a cabin get the OBC each of each has 100 shares in his/her own name?

I think it is only $100 per cabin and not per person in the cabin.

2 hours ago, Mallow said:

I think it is only $100 per cabin and not per person in the cabin.

The OBC is based on the length of the cruise.  From the corporate website:

Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 14 days or longer   US $250

Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 7 to 13 days   US $100
Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 6 days or less   US $ 50

On 7/2/2019 at 9:43 AM, fyree39 said:

I bought my 100 shares after the Concordia disaster. The price is nowhere near that now.

I thought I bought mine then, too, but it was in 2009 for me and I guess it was when the economy & stock market was way down.  I bought in for $17.06/share.  The dividend at that time was .40, but a 1/2 year later the dividend was dropped.  Eventually the dividend returned starting at .10/share but is now .50/share.  I've received over $1800 in OBC over the years.

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 6:53 AM, crewsweeper said:

Great advice.

13 hours ago, mexicobob said:

Great advice.

Might be great advise for someone that does not do much cursing. We reap about $500.00 a year from the stock. Or about 10% of our cost. Not taxable either. Nice! Not including the $50.00.  I know this has nothing to do with the stock, but in addition on a Princess cruise, getting the $100.00 for being a veteran is great. Of which my husband is one. It all adds up nicely for us. The only time I ever purchased stock on my own, other than Carnivals a few years ago. Was when the market crashed several years ago. Everything bottomed out including my IRAs. At that time I purchased a lot of Carnival stock. Sold most it about a year later. Awesome .

12 hours ago, metromover said:

How do you get the OBC for shares?  Just bought it today (100) and have 2 cruises upcoming.  October & January.

Thanks to you all for the conversation.

This is how I do it.

You will need to Fax your brokerage statement (black out your account number) to 305-406-6477.  Please write your Booking number on the top of the statement and they will apply it as onboard credit.

• Like 1