Pacific Princess coming.

3 hours ago, cheznandy said:

A 13 day New Zealand cruise, 90 day South America, 21 day PNG and 24 day repositioning to Asia.

There are two 4 day cruises one way to NZ priced starting at $699.

The Xmas cruise starts at $3199, have always wanted to try Pacific Princess but not at those prices!

There is also a 16 night crossing from Tahiti, hope they have told those that are booked on the South America from Tahiti cruise that will now be cancelled!

I like the look of the 21 PNG cruise but not the price.

26 minutes ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

Last item of fine print in the email from Princess says onboard currency is USD. That means add gratuities and expensive on board costs to those already high prices. LOVE that South America itinerary, but I think I need to win Tattslotto twice.

Possibly not additional gratuities but it's not clear. Australians are used to no extra gratuities on Aussie cruises so there could be a big stink if they do charge them.

3 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

As a regular Princess cruiser I'm somewhat annoyed that the first notice we have of Pacific Princess coming to Australia comes from Cruise Critic not Princess itself. 

It is the place to hear it first.

3 hours ago, cheznandy said:

A 13 day New Zealand cruise, 90 day South America, 21 day PNG and 24 day repositioning to Asia.

There are two 4 day cruises one way to NZ priced starting at $699.

The Xmas cruise starts at $3199, have always wanted to try Pacific Princess but not at those prices!

There is also a 16 night crossing from Tahiti, hope they have told those that are booked on the South America from Tahiti cruise that will now be cancelled!

Those people would not be happy. 

32 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I like the look of the 21 PNG cruise but not the price.

That would be our pick too. However, we be slumming down in the bowels of the ship in an inside cabin at the prices.

11 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

Those people would not be happy. 

I emailed a couple of my US friends in the case they did not see the change.......they had no idea, I think the news is just breaking😱

I would not be happy to have that South American repositioning booked then hear it on CC that it has changed.

Was on her in 2015, Sydney to Oasaka -Japan, nice little ship.   But these days I notice that prices are a bit over the top on PP.  However, Princess know that the rich Aussies will fill the ship and buy plenty of over priced booze,  hence it coming to this region.

Edited by NSWP

13 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

I emailed a couple of my US friends in the case they did not see the change.......they had no idea, I think the news is just breaking😱

I would not be happy to have that South American repositioning booked then hear it on CC that it has changed.

Move over offers?

12 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

I read their posts. Some of them contacted Princess and say its an error the release to Australian market. I don't think it is. I guess someone could scan the port bookings for Australia to see if its booked in.

This has happened before, and its early enough that no one would have booked flights. Its annoying, but what can you do. 

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Was on her in 2015, Sydney to Oasaka -Japan, nice little ship.   But these days I notice that prices are a bit over the top on PP.

Cruising on the Love Boat doesn't come cheap.

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

Cruising on the Love Boat doesn't come cheap.

Suspose you could book at the high prices and hope the fare comes down and get adjustments. I think it will sell anyway. 

Just now, icat2000 said:

Suspose you could book at the high prices and hope the fare comes down and get adjustments. I think it will sell anyway. 

If it’s like last time it was here the price kept going up......but then it was new then...well newish .

I just received an E Mail from Princess re PP doing the Australasian season, 20-21.  Reading some of the comments on Princess section of CC, some people are 'stunned.'    A case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. Like what happened to us early last year, P&O UK sold the Adonia on us.  I had booked airfares to UK as well and they would not refund them, so I rebooked on other ships.  

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

If it’s like last time it was here the price kept going up......but then it was new then...well newish .

I suspect they know that and started the pricing higher with the full knowledge it will go higher again.

1 hour ago, icat2000 said:

I read their posts. Some of them contacted Princess and say its an error the release to Australian market. I don't think it is. I guess someone could scan the port bookings for Australia to see if its booked in.

This has happened before, and its early enough that no one would have booked flights. Its annoying, but what can you do. 

Yes, I just read that, hopefully for them it is a mistake but they have sent us emails, Pacific is booked into Sydney ports etc.

4 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I doubt it is a mistake, they have itineraries and it is coming here now.

Not April Fools day is it? I tried to post the E Mail from Princess on here, but I am technologically disadvantaged, living in the bush and all.:classic_laugh:

4 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Not April Fools day is it? I tried to post the E Mail from Princess on here, but I am technologically disadvantaged, living in the bush and all.:classic_laugh:

I am now getting emails from online TA's, I think it is happening, that Princess rep that said it was a mistake needs to be moved on 😀

29 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

I am now getting emails from online TA's, I think it is happening, that Princess rep that said it was a mistake needs to be moved on 😀

Hi Chez, as I said, the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. !!!

30 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

We are getting e mails advising that registration is open for the Sth American cruise.

43 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Apparently Princess doesn't always keep it's reps up to date. I was talking to one this morning and she said that they sometimes find things out through other channels before Princess officially informs them.

Re prices, I've just been looking at my spreadsheets with booked and possible cruise options and Princess prices are definitely higher than they used to be. 

The Circle South America cruise out of Sydney does stop in Tahiti on the way over and on the way back so there may still be a Tahiti return option.