Pacific Princess coming.

11 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I've booked the Pacific Princess NZ cruise in December 2020. Such an interesting itinerary, including Stewart Island which I haven't been to since I was a teenager. We'll miss catching up with some of our North Island friends and family, but will still get to see my brother in Dunedin and hopefully catch up with friends in New Plymouth.

Nice itinerary. Christmas Day at Stewart Island  plus calls at  ,Akaroa, and Kaikoura .Great ship for tendering ashore .

49 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I've booked the Pacific Princess NZ cruise in December 2020. Such an interesting itinerary, including Stewart Island which I haven't been to since I was a teenager. We'll miss catching up with some of our North Island friends and family, but will still get to see my brother in Dunedin and hopefully catch up with friends in New Plymouth.

And any catching up with some Bluff oysters?

Just got the E Mail re PP cruises in this Region.  A bit pricey.  Although the ship is nice.  They don't have ATD from memory, just 2 sittings for dinner.   I note one cruise is already booked out and the others heavy sales, with balconies gone.

Edited by NSWP

Have booked the Xmas/New Year as well, the prices are on comparison with the other Princess ships sailing that time of year.

Much more than we would usually pay on a per night basis, but loved the itinerary with some unusually visited ports.

Just have to decide if we can do both Pacific and Sun Princess cruises we have booked for 2020/2021 due to lack of leave, plenty of time to decide which one.

51 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Have booked the Xmas/New Year as well, the prices are on comparison with the other Princess ships sailing that time of year.

Much more than we would usually pay on a per night basis, but loved the itinerary with some unusually visited ports.

Just have to decide if we can do both Pacific and Sun Princess cruises we have booked for 2020/2021 due to lack of leave, plenty of time to decide which one.

Well done Chez...I would like to do a Xmas/New Year but the Boss says that is time to be home with family. grrrrrrrr.

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

And any catching up with some Bluff oysters?

No, too early for them, but I'll be looking for some crayfish in Kaikoura - that's where you get the best NZ crayfish. 

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Just got the E Mail re PP cruises in this Region.  A bit pricey.  Although the ship is nice.  They don't have ATD from memory, just 2 sittings for dinner.   I note one cruise is already booked out and the others heavy sales, with balconies gone.

There were still quite a few balcony cabins on the NZ cruise when I booked. The price is comparable with other cruise lines and other Princess cruises to NZ that season. 

Yes, only traditional dining. 

16 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Well couldn't get an accessible anything for PNG, currently can't even access their website

Try again, Gut. I'm seeing an accessible mini-suite 8046 mid-aft for $5248pp but it shows up under balcony cabins not mini-suites.

I'm calling Princess to see if any availability left. 

Princess site really glitchy at moment. 

spoke to Princess PNG cruise is sold out both out of Sydney and Brisbane. 

Edited by icat2000

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Well done Chez...I would like to do a Xmas/New Year but the Boss says that is time to be home with family. grrrrrrrr.

Thanks Les, bit spur of the moment, and we will prob drop our Sun Princess cruise to do it, but its a once in a life thing to sail out of Sydney for Xmas/New Year on that little ship.

Andy has compulsory leave that time of year.

We usually do every other Xmas at home, kids see their other families the other year, doesnt always work that way though!!

47 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

I'm calling Princess to see if any availability left. 

Princess site really glitchy at moment. 

spoke to Princess PNG cruise is sold out both out of Sydney and Brisbane. 

Keep an eye on it Sarah, lots will put holds on and not pay a deposit, so some may come available in the next day or two.

1 hour ago, cheznandy said:

Thanks Les, bit spur of the moment, and we will prob drop our Sun Princess cruise to do it, but its a once in a life thing to sail out of Sydney for Xmas/New Year on that little ship.

Andy has compulsory leave that time of year.

We usually do every other Xmas at home, kids see their other families the other year, doesnt always work that way though!!

Xmas cruise is another option for us as Pete has forced leave too at Xmas. But its hard to justify the pricing at the moment as we got on the Majestic for 1400 pp where as Pacific Princess is up at $3200 pp

Edited by icat2000

11 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

Xmas cruise is another option for us as Pete has forced leave too at Xmas. But its hard to justify the pricing at the moment as we got on the Majestic for 1400 pp where as Pacific Princess is up at $3200 pp

True, I compared some prices of other ships doing NZ for Xmas/New Year 2020

Most are just under $3000 for similar itinerary, some are fly home etc.

The PNG cruise was highly priced too I thought.

Was $1400 on Majestic for a Xmas cruise?

18 hours ago, cheznandy said:

True, I compared some prices of other ships doing NZ for Xmas/New Year 2020

Most are just under $3000 for similar itinerary, some are fly home etc.

The PNG cruise was highly priced too I thought.

Was $1400 on Majestic for a Xmas cruise?

NYE cruise. In comparison to the other NZ xmas cruises in 2020 season Pacific Princess is only about 500 pp higher and offers some unique ports. 

1 hour ago, icat2000 said:

NYE cruise. In comparison to the other NZ xmas cruises in 2020 season Pacific Princess is only about 500 pp higher and offers some unique ports. 

I hadn't been looking at 20/21 NZ Xmas cruises in particular, more February/March ones but the Pacific Princess NZ Xmas cruise was very comparable to the cruises I was looking at, based on balcony cabins on a pp per day comparison and taking perks on other lines into consideration. The Regal Princess cruise was the only one that was cheaper but that doesn't surprise me given that ship carries more than five times the number of passengers than Pacific. Stripping out the perks value (drinks package value to us, not actual package value) from Celebrity and Norwegian gave very similar prices.

I'm really looking forward to stopping at Stewart Island. It's around 50 years since I spent a wet but very pleasant Easter holiday there staying with friends. Not sure what they'll be offering there, we're there on Christmas Day.

Kaikoura is the crayfish capital of NZ, plus one of the best whale watching ports.

Picton and the Marlborough Sounds are lovely, plus there is a heritage train which runs various tours to Blenheim and actually tailors them to suit the cruise ship times in port. https://www.marlboroughflyer.co.nz/train-trips/steam-train-tour

I'm looking forward to stopping in New Plymouth too, as I have friends there who I rarely see these days. I hope we get a nice day there so Mt Taranaki is clearly visible. 

Considering the relocation cruise on Pacific Princess. The itinerary got a few port stops.  Just one big patch of sea days in a row. 

Date Port Arrive Depart
Sat, Apr 24 Sydney, New South Wales, Australia   04:00 pm
Sun, Apr 25 At Sea    
Mon, Apr 26 Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 07:00 am 09:00 pm
Tue, Apr 27 Mooloolaba, Australia
(Tender Required), (Wheelchair Access Limited)
07:00 am 04:00 pm
Wed, Apr 28 At Sea    
Thu, Apr 29 At Sea    
Fri, Apr 30 Alotau (Milne Bay), Papua New Guinea 08:00 am 04:00 pm
Sat, May 1 At Sea    
Sun, May 2 At Sea    
Mon, May 3 At Sea    
Tue, May 4 At Sea    
Wed, May 5 At Sea    
Thu, May 6 At Sea    
Fri, May 7 Boracay, Philippines
07:00 am 05:00 pm
Sat, May 8 Manila, Philippines 07:00 am 05:00 pm
Sun, May 9 At Sea    
Mon, May 10 Hualien 09:00 am 08:00 pm
Tue, May 11 Taipei (Keelung) 07:00 am 08:00 pm
Wed, May 12 Ishigaki, Japan 07:00 am 06:00 pm
Thu, May 13 At Sea    
Fri, May 14 Kagoshima, Japan 07:00 am 04:00 pm
Sat, May 15 Kochi, Japan 10:00 am 08:00 pm
Sun, May 16 Osaka (for Kyoto), Japan 07:00 am 11:00 pm
Mon, May 17 At Sea    
Tue, May 18 Tokyo (Yokohama), Japan 06:30 am

2 hours ago, icat2000 said:

Considering the relocation cruise on Pacific Princess. The itinerary got a few port stops.  Just one big patch of sea days in a row. 

Date Port Arrive Depart
Sat, Apr 24 Sydney, New South Wales, Australia   04:00 pm
Sun, Apr 25 At Sea    
Mon, Apr 26 Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 07:00 am 09:00 pm
Tue, Apr 27 Mooloolaba, Australia
07:00 am 04:00 pm
Wed, Apr 28 At Sea    
Thu, Apr 29 At Sea    
Fri, Apr 30 Alotau (Milne Bay), Papua New Guinea 08:00 am 04:00 pm
Sat, May 1 At Sea    
Sun, May 2 At Sea    
Mon, May 3 At Sea    
Tue, May 4 At Sea    
Wed, May 5 At Sea    
Thu, May 6 At Sea    
Fri, May 7 Boracay, Philippines
07:00 am 05:00 pm
Sat, May 8 Manila, Philippines 07:00 am 05:00 pm
Sun, May 9 At Sea    
Mon, May 10 Hualien 09:00 am 08:00 pm
Tue, May 11 Taipei (Keelung) 07:00 am 08:00 pm
Wed, May 12 Ishigaki, Japan 07:00 am 06:00 pm
Thu, May 13 At Sea    
Fri, May 14 Kagoshima, Japan 07:00 am 04:00 pm
Sat, May 15 Kochi, Japan 10:00 am 08:00 pm
Sun, May 16 Osaka (for Kyoto), Japan 07:00 am 11:00 pm
Mon, May 17 At Sea    
Tue, May 18 Tokyo (Yokohama), Japan 06:30 am

Looks good, just checked it out, pricing is quite ok IMO.  Tempting for our annual cruise for 2021.  Now where are those pesky future cruise deposit forms I purchased last year.😀

Edited by NSWP

19 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Looks good, just checked it out, pricing is quite ok IMO.  Tempting for our annual cruise for 2021.  Now where are those pesky future cruise deposit forms I purchased last year.😀

They'll be on your Princess account. 

For some odd reason the last two times I've booked online with Princess it didn't show the option to pay the deposit by FCD. I had to put a hold on my booking then ring Princess. They fixed it immediately.

19 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

They'll be on your Princess account. 

For some odd reason the last two times I've booked online with Princess it didn't show the option to pay the deposit by FCD. I had to put a hold on my booking then ring Princess. They fixed it immediately.

Same, had to book then call to have them applied, other times I have been able to do it myself.

I booked, then called to have them take a FCD deposit off a short cruise to apply it to the PP, I had run out!!

Figured better to pay $50 deposit and forgo $15 OBC to cover a larger deposit with more OBC.......gotta work the system😎

Weird about their Holiday Planners, I have given up, they just keep leaving, had a random email from a guy saying he was my new Planner, the last two have been from the US, to be honest, I love it when I call and get the US office, they are so helpful, and polite.

Edited by cheznandy