Carnival Legend Extended Balcony Up sell

Lee2385

Hi guys, doing a 12 day Europe next July. Currently in a balcony deck 5. Offered extended balcony also deck 5 just a few rooms apart but on starboard side instead of port side we are currently in. It’s only $125 total for the 12 days. Would you give up port side for a connecting room with larger balcony? I like the bigger balcony but not sure if a connecting room would be noisy? Currently 5140, offered 5123. I tried looking for reviews on these rooms but not finding any. Thanks

9 minutes ago, Lee2385 said:

Hi guys, doing a 12 day Europe next July. Currently in a balcony deck 5. Offered extended balcony also deck 5 just a few rooms apart but on starboard side instead of port side we are currently in. It’s only $125 total for the 12 days. Would you give up port side for a connecting room with larger balcony? I like the bigger balcony but not sure if a connecting room would be noisy? Currently 5140, offered 5123. I tried looking for reviews on these rooms but not finding any. Thanks

I personally love sitting out on the balcony, and the bigger the better.  So, I would do it.   I have never had any noise issues with connecting rooms. 

I was on the Legend last year for Alaska and LOVED it.

Hope you have a great time.

We got upsold from an interior to a sideways extended balcony room on the Legend for $500 when we did Alaska, and it was the best money I’ve ever spent. So worth it. But then again, we weren’t in a balcony to begin with. And it wasn’t connecting. As far as port vs starboard, that doesn’t matter at all. “Port” doesn’t mean you will automatically be docked facing the port. It’s always a 50/50 chance. 

Thanks guys! We’ve taken all but one of our up sells in last few years and all have been worth it. $125 is nothing on a 12 day so we are going for it. Thank you all for your input!! 😎

• Like 1

I guess I'm late, but my first balcony was on Miracle, an extended.  While the size of the balcony was nice, I decided I wouldn't pay extra for one again.  I like to stand at the rail and look down to watch docking and leaving, but that view is blocked by the lifeboats.  Not a big deal, but if that's one of the reasons you like having a balcony, then, yeah.  Turns out the only other 2 times I had a balcony was on Miracle and Pride, and I booked an afts for those.

I'm on the final Med + TA B2B on Legend next October and booked a french door cabin - got one with a view straight out between the lifeboats.  Really looking forward to it.

54 minutes ago, NCTribeFan said:

I guess I'm late, but my first balcony was on Miracle, an extended.  While the size of the balcony was nice, I decided I wouldn't pay extra for one again.  I like to stand at the rail and look down to watch docking and leaving, but that view is blocked by the lifeboats.  Not a big deal, but if that's one of the reasons you like having a balcony, then, yeah.  Turns out the only other 2 times I had a balcony was on Miracle and Pride, and I booked an afts for those.

I'm on the final Med + TA B2B on Legend next October and booked a french door cabin - got one with a view straight out between the lifeboats.  Really looking forward to it.

True about the lifeboats.  However similar cabins on deck 6, 7 and 8 do not have this problem.   Maybe this is why Carnival has this deck 5 cabin available for upgrade?

19 hours ago, Lee2385 said:

Which ship is this?  If the Spirit class , neither is obstructed by lifeboats.  I think you made a good choice to move.  Here is 5141....

20 minutes ago, Tinknock50 said:

True about the lifeboats.  However similar cabins on deck 6, 7 and 8 do not have this problem.   Maybe this is why Carnival has this deck 5 cabin available for upgrade?

Oops......theses cabins are both not obstructed by lifeboats.....if Spirit class.

Edited by Tinknock50

Last week I took an upgrade on Legend for April 2020 went from an Obstructed balcony on deck 5 to an Extended balcony on deck 7 for $74 total. We usually stay in Interior rooms.

4 hours ago, ToriB said:

We had an extended balcony on the Legend in May. Room 7233. The extended balconies sit more inward on the ship and the lifeboats are below. 

Did the lifeboats obstruct your view at all?? 

7 hours ago, Lee2385 said:

Did the lifeboats obstruct your view at all?? 

Not really. When we were sitting on the balcony we didn’t notice them. You could see them when standing at the rail but definitely could see the water too. I don’t really have any pictures but in the video you can see how we’re sitting back a little bit from the normal balconies and at the end you can see the lifeboats below. 

36 minutes ago, Luv2cruz1000 said:

So how do you get these upsells? Is your cruise completely paid for or have you sailed many times? Some of the offers had me intrigued....inside to a balcony! Wow

Our cruise for this offer isn’t until next June so not paid yet. It took about 15 cruises to get our first offer. They offered balcony-suite. Since then we have had an offer every cruise. Idk if we are lucky, if it’s cause they know we will take it or if it’s cause we cruise 3-5x a year. This was first time I was offered an extended on same floor so I wasn’t sure but I took the 8th deck