Am I allowed to bring....

Calleekelly

Hi! I am going to be Platinum for my next cruise in December BUT I’m leaving this Monday the 8th on the Dream and I have never brought any liquids with me... I want to bring “Drinkaid” for me to help with hangovers! It’s literally a miracle! They are sealed... some are sealed from the cap and some are sealed with the thin metal film (after opening the cap). Because it’s sealed I can bring it along, right!?!? Packed in my suitcase?

(I am checking my luggage.) Please someone help me!

I would say since it is a liquid you should put it in your carry-on  luggage 

Guests are prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages that are packaged in glass or plastic bottles.

On embarkation day, a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, energy drinks, juice, and milk), packaged in cans or cartons, may be brought on board and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less, per person.

Edited by hockeyguru32

1 hour ago, Djptcp said:

If it's not in a can, forget about it. If you put it in your packed luggage, the X-ray machine will find it and it will be removed.

Maybe an experienced drinker with hangover  remedies can help this poor guy and offer other suggestions for hangovers! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, lmb84 said:

Maybe an experienced drinker with hangover  remedies can help this poor guy and offer other suggestions for hangovers! 🙂

I don't know what it is about it, but the fake orange juice drink they serve at breakfast in the machines on the Lido deck always does wonders for me! :)

• Like 1

Just now, MisterOJ2 said:

I don't know what it is about it, but the fake orange juice drink they serve at breakfast in the machines on the Lido deck always does wonders for me! 🙂

hmmm...have to try that one

• Like 1

21 hours ago, hockeyguru32 said:

I would say since it is a liquid you should put it in your carry-on  luggage 

Guests are prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages that are packaged in glass or plastic bottles.

On embarkation day, a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, energy drinks, juice, and milk), packaged in cans or cartons, may be brought on board and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less, per person.

Does this include drink box water bottles? Asking for a Canadian friend haha.

Seriously, I don't understand how cans of soda are ok but completely sealed 12 packs of water bottles aren't allowed. Is it an environmental thing? Does Carnival not encourage recycling? Very puzzling.

Just now, Noledad77 said:

Does this include drink box water bottles? Asking for a Canadian friend haha.

Seriously, I don't understand how cans of soda are ok but completely sealed 12 packs of water bottles aren't allowed. Is it an environmental thing? Does Carnival not encourage recycling? Very puzzling.

Plastic water bottles can be opened and refilled with booze. Cans can't. Yeah, employees could check the seal on each of the bottles to make sure they're all intact, but on embarkation day, that's just not feasible. It would be too time consuming. So, if you want to bring drinks on board - it needs to be in cans, since they're nearly impossible to tamper with.

3 minutes ago, MisterOJ2 said:

Plastic water bottles can be opened and refilled with booze. Cans can't. Yeah, employees could check the seal on each of the bottles to make sure they're all intact, but on embarkation day, that's just not feasible. It would be too time consuming. So, if you want to bring drinks on board - it needs to be in cans, since they're nearly impossible to tamper with.

I have my 12 packs in place and ready to go. I want to drink water on board, but it's going to be sodas for me because of the no water bottle policy. Not a huge deal, just kinda disappointing.

1 hour ago, Noledad77 said:

I have my 12 packs in place and ready to go. I want to drink water on board, but it's going to be sodas for me because of the no water bottle policy. Not a huge deal, just kinda disappointing.

You can get 12 1/2 liter bottles delivered to your cabin for $4.50. Royal charges $40 for 12 one liter bottles. 

Screenshot_20190705-115929.png

• Like 2

OP should look into MixFix Recover which contains DHM and Thiamine, anecdotally shown to help reduce hangovers, ingredients Drinkade does not contain.  Also comes in pouches of capsules. 

Foe me the best hangover cure is not to drink too much.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, lmb84 said:

I don't know...put his magic hangover elixir into rum runners? (Side note: I do not use nor promote the use of such devices)

Seriously though, I just take a few OTC pain killers (usually Ibuprofen) and drink a bottle of water before I go to bed. A big part of a hangover is caused by dehydration since alcohol is a diuretic. Those two things work wonders for me. I'll usually wake up still pretty thirsty, but I don't feel sick. Once I get my morning soda (I don't drink coffee) and some breakfast, I'm good to go.

5 hours ago, MisterOJ2 said:

A bit of a funny story. Last year sailing out of Miami, I accidentally dropped my 12-pack of Dr. Pepper in the parking lot and three of the cans broke open. I had a reusable bag with me, so I just put the remaining loose cans in that. We got to security and my son's friend had his own 12-pack. They never said a word, didn't try to open the case, nothing. My bag of nine loose cans went through the scanner, got to the other side, and the guy looked inside the bag. He asked, "What's in the cans?" I said, "Dr. Pepper." He asked, "Not beer?" There were so many things I wanted to say, but in the end I felt discretion was best. They didn't question the unopened case that passed through right before me, but thought that my loose cans might have contained beer. 🤨 Why yes, I have a bottling plant in my garage and I have cleverly filled soda cans with beer. You got me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

I don't know...put his magic hangover elixir into rum runners? (Side note: I do not use nor promote the use of such devices)

Seriously though, I just take a few OTC pain killers (usually Ibuprofen) and drink a bottle of water before I go to bed. A big part of a hangover is caused by dehydration since alcohol is a diuretic. Those two things work wonders for me. I'll usually wake up still pretty thirsty, but I don't feel sick. Once I get my morning soda (I don't drink coffee) and some breakfast, I'm good to go.

The things adults must go through! 😭

26 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

A bit of a funny story. Last year sailing out of Miami, I accidentally dropped my 12-pack of Dr. Pepper in the parking lot and three of the cans broke open. I had a reusable bag with me, so I just put the remaining loose cans in that. We got to security and my son's friend had his own 12-pack. They never said a word, didn't try to open the case, nothing. My bag of nine loose cans went through the scanner, got to the other side, and the guy looked inside the bag. He asked, "What's in the cans?" I said, "Dr. Pepper." He asked, "Not beer?" There were so many things I wanted to say, but in the end I felt discretion was best. They didn't question the unopened case that passed through right before me, but thought that my loose cans might have contained beer. 🤨 Why yes, I have a bottling plant in my garage and I have cleverly filled soda cans with beer. You got me.

Haha! Carnival cares so much about getting their money! Some wineries allow your to bottle your own "wine", which I would assume by wine, smugglers mean beer, or other hard liqueurs. 

23 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

You may want to solicit some input from @sid_9169- he wrote quite a bit in his reviews about a product called 'Rebound' which was apparently helpful avoiding hangovers, and which is a patch, not a liquid!

I've never tried the DrinkAid, but have tried Detoxx for hangovers (pills) FlyBy (pills) and the Rebound patch, and achieved good results with each...

8 hours ago, Noledad77 said:

Does Carnival not encourage recycling? Very puzzling.

Apparently you have never been to the "Behind the Scenes Tour." They have a HUGE recycling room. Everything is separated and labeled. All the cardboard is crushed and bundled. They have glass crushers, it looked like they had 100's of pounds of glass. Seriously do not know where you got your info. 

Edited by coevan

6 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

The things adults must go through! 😭

Adults? I started drinking in high school. Small town life, young & dumb, nothing else to do. But there were no fancy patches, pills, or elixirs to cure hangovers. Some swore the only way to handle it was with "the hair of the dog that bit you," but I always just suffered through it when I was younger.

11 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Adults? I started drinking in high school. Small town life, young & dumb, nothing else to do. But there were no fancy patches, pills, or elixirs to cure hangovers. Some swore the only way to handle it was with "the hair of the dog that bit you," but I always just suffered through it when I was younger.

Yeah. It is really weird, people are also vaping, doing drugs, and high even at the most elitist of schools.