Denny, a big thank you!

Blazerboy

Denny,

Perhaps not a typical post, but wanted to thank you for all you add to the Celebrity  boards here.  Your perspective, while often humourous, gets to the heart of the matter on subjects both light and serious.

Please know that you are appreciated.

Andrew

• Like 9

Wow.  You really caught me off guard!  Obviously, you missed a few of my posts I had to apologize for, but thank you very much. This forum is about a subject we all love and are so lucky to be able to take part in, but sometimes we forget this is about having fun and take ourselves a bit too seriously. 

To bed for me. I’m truly appreciative. 

Den

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the nomination, but I’ll go with VTCruising! She’s done a ton of research and presents great info.....I toss in random comments here and there. 

If Nominated, I will not run; If Elected, I will not serve.........quoting General Sherman.  

At one time, I quit posting for an extended time. I found myself reacting to too many nasty posts and realized I was starting to act like those I had issues with. But after a while, got back into ‘the groove’ and hopefully won’t fall back into that. 

For your entertainment pleasure, here are a few of my favorite X ‘Complaints’:

- A poster titled a thread “Terrible Service” and explained he’d arrived at a port and it was raining, but couldn’t find an umbrella. His steward told him they were out but the man continued to complain so the steward told him to check with the front desk. He did and they didn’t have an extra’s but the Front Desk woman offered her personal umbrella and asked him to return it to the Front Desk. The man used it, but then said he forgot to return it and hoped the room steward would find it in his SR and get it to the Front Desk. He went on to state how terrible it was they didn’t have enough umbrellas and didn’t tip the room steward for not finding one.

— My response was: You’ve-Got-To-Be-Kidding-Me!!

- A woman posted that she normally cruised on Disney and after her X cruise, would be returning to that Line because the Disney ships didn’t ‘creak’ as much as the Celebrity ship did. I asked her if she was in high seas on the Celebrity ship and she said yes, but that wasn’t a reason for all the ‘noise from the walls’.

— I explained that if the ship didn’t flex and bend in high seas, it would break apart and sink....it is the nature of ship’s ‘walls’ to creak and make noise in high seas as the ship reacted properly to the high sea movement. She didn’t accept this and said the Disney ships didn’t do any of this. I told her that if that was true, I hope she didn’t encounter high seas in a Disney ship.....and sink!

-  A man posted asking if all the Suites only had 2-ply toilet paper. Most responded that it was the same as all other SRs and what they had at home.

— I responded that if that was actually true, and he wanted 4-ply, to fold the toilet paper over; if he wanted 6-ply, to fold it again.....and so on. 

I think I’ve posted these before, but Oh such fun.

Den

Edited by Denny01
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

Thanks for the nomination, but I’ll go with VTCruising! She’s done a ton of research and presents great info.....I toss in random comments here and there. 

If Nominated, I will not run; If Elected, I will not serve.........quoting General Sherman.  

At one time, I quit posting for an extended time. I found myself reacting to too many nasty posts and realized I was starting to act like those I had issues with. But after a while, got back into ‘the groove’ and hopefully won’t fall back into that. 

For your entertainment pleasure, here are a few of my favorite X ‘Complaints’:

- A poster titled a thread “Terrible Service” and explained he’d arrived at a port and it was raining, but couldn’t find an umbrella. His steward told him they were out but the man continued to complain so the steward told him to check with the front desk. He did and they didn’t have an extra’s but the Front Desk woman offered her personal umbrella and asked him to return it to the Front Desk. The man used it, but then said he forgot to return it and hoped the room steward would find it in his SR and get it to the Front Desk. He went on to state how terrible it was they didn’t have enough umbrellas and didn’t tip the room steward for not finding one.

— My response was: You’ve-Got-To-Be-Kidding-Me!!

- A woman posted that she normally cruised on Disney and after her X cruise, would be returning to that Line because the Disney ships didn’t ‘creak’ as much as the Celebrity ship did. I asked her if she was in high seas on the Celebrity ship and she said yes, but that wasn’t a reason for all the ‘noise from the walls’. I explained that if the ship didn’t flex and bend in high seas, it would break apart and sink....it is the nature of ship’s ‘walls’ to creak and make noise in high seas as the ship reacted properly to the high sea movement. She didn’t accept this and said the Disney ships didn’t do any of this. I told her that if that was true, I hope she didn’t encounter high seas in a Disney ship.....and sink!

-  A man posted asking if all the Suites only had 2-ply toilet paper. Most responded that it was the same as all other SRs and what they had at home. I responded that if that was actually true, and he wanted 4-ply, to fold the toilet paper over; if he wanted 6-ply, to fold it again.....and so on. 

Oh such fun.

Den

LOL - I knew you were a kindred spirit when you told me all about your Edge stateroom spreadsheet that kept track of stateroom inventory for your cruise. Twins separated at birth? 😃

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Denny01 said:

Den

Hi Den,

VTCruising is the senior VP of R&D.  I understand the comment about reacting in a less friendly way.  Sometimes I fall into that trap myself and always almost immediately regret it!  We are all human and it shows sometimes.  Now I try to let the comments that bother me for some reason go unanswered.  But it is hard to do on occasion.  I am a scientist by training and career so I tend more to react to comments without a factual basis or otherwise illogical (according to me anyway).  I have to watch that.  Thanks for the suggestion of a posting moratorium for a solution.  I'm glad you came back refreshed!