How Many Prepurchase vs Buy Onboard

1 minute ago, sparks1093 said:

We purchased the deluxe beverage package for our Anthem cruise and it was the first time we ever purchased one. The reason that we did was simple- Royal offered it at a rate that was only a little bit more than what we typically spend on alcohol during a cruise and we knew that we'd be able to make up the difference quite easily. We did. I'm pretty sure we could get our money's worth for $18 pp/pd too.😁

I’m in the same boat.  First time purchasing the package and I bought it for all 4 cruises in 2020. Same price as the refreshment I usually buy for my wife. 

• Like 1

It is really surprising seeing how many people buy the drink package once they board instead of prepurchasing it. Of course, some at Diamond Plus or Pinnacle are getting the best deal possible for them that way, anyway. But I still see so many who are really paying full onboard price. Just hang out at the bar and watch. 🙂  But I'm not sure I'd noticed this happening before but on my most recent cruise in February on Grandeur they actually offered the then-current online deal on the drink package (25% off at that time) on the first day of the cruise.

Remember Bob (or what ever his name is) seller of "my pillow" who was sued because he always had the "buy one get one" sale and couldn't prove that he ever sold the limited time offer at full price........someone, somewhere in the RCCL community has to pay full price occasionally 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1