NextCruise Certificates

Sorry. I am sure this has been asked before, but I cannot figure out how to search these boards to find any information that I need.

When sitting with a Next Cruise consultant and attempting to book your next cruise do they have the prices that we see online with the special deals or do they have their own prices? Also do you get to see more than just a few rooms or do you have more rooms to chose from?

We already have a cruise for this November, but we have 2 more we would like to book in 2020. So I guess my real question is do they book you at a higher rate than what you can get the cruise for online your self, but throw in OBC so you think you are getting a deal?

They have the same prices you see online, but they can see many more staterooms than you can see on Royal's US website.  The OBC they give is in addition to any perks that come with the booking.  Note that you would normally have to book a non-refundable deposit for get the best OBC.

10 minutes ago, kernie968 said:

Sorry. I am sure this has been asked before, but I cannot figure out how to search these boards to find any information that I need.

When sitting with a Next Cruise consultant and attempting to book your next cruise do they have the prices that we see online with the special deals or do they have their own prices? Also do you get to see more than just a few rooms or do you have more rooms to chose from?

We already have a cruise for this November, but we have 2 more we would like to book in 2020. So I guess my real question is do they book you at a higher rate than what you can get the cruise for online your self, but throw in OBC so you think you are getting a deal?

Why wait until this November to book?

Chances are extremely high that by waiting until November the cost of that cruise will have gone up far more than the same amount of OBC that you will get for booking on board.

Book a refundable rate now.  If the price drops before your cruise, call and get a price drop.  If it is the same when you board in November cancel and then rebook on board to get that OBC.

I booked with Next Cruise on my last cruise and felt I had many more cabins to choose from.  The real perk for me was the $100 deposit and getting the room I was interested in ( OV larger balcony on the hump).  The actual fare was not too bad, but I always keep an eye out for sales and just recently got $800 off the price that I had booked for.  So even though u book with Next Cruise, keep an eye on prices!

8 minutes ago, SuiteLady said:

I booked with Next Cruise on my last cruise and felt I had many more cabins to choose from.  The real perk for me was the $100 deposit and getting the room I was interested in ( OV larger balcony on the hump).  The actual fare was not too bad, but I always keep an eye out for sales and just recently got $800 off the price that I had booked for.  So even though u book with Next Cruise, keep an eye on prices!

So if I book on the cruise and the price drops before final payment I can still call and get the price adjustment? That was another question I had. Having more rooms to chose from is another plus.

11 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Why wait until this November to book?

Chances are extremely high that by waiting until November the cost of that cruise will have gone up far more than the same amount of OBC that you will get for booking on board.

Book a refundable rate now.  If the price drops before your cruise, call and get a price drop.  If it is the same when you board in November cancel and then rebook on board to get that OBC. 

So are you saying I can cancel and rebook at the Next Cruise office if the price is about the same? That would encourage me to book now.

3 minutes ago, kernie968 said:

So are you saying I can cancel and rebook at the Next Cruise office if the price is about the same? That would encourage me to book now.

Yes, that is an option, though you will probably have to cancel yourself, they won't touch your booking made directly on the webiste.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kernie968 said:

So if I book on the cruise and the price drops before final payment I can still call and get the price adjustment? That was another question I had. Having more rooms to chose from is another plus.

You have to cancel it yourself, but if you book a refundable rate there is no downside unless your cruise is within final payment. 

Another advantage is that hat there are more cabins available to choose from than there will be in November...guaranteed.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Another advantage is that hat there are more cabins available to choose from than there will be in November...guaranteed.

Careful with those absolutes, some may have said that about Majesty/Empress sailings to Cuba.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kernie968 said:

I feel like a newbie. How do you find refundable deposits? Every booking I try have non-refundable deposits.

Royal has purposely made this very hard.  You have to go though almost the entire booking, past entering guest names, and there will be a checkbox to choose refundable.

Just now, kernie968 said:

I feel like a newbie. How do you find refundable deposits? Every booking I try have non-refundable deposits.

At the end of the booking process after you enter your name there is the option...or call  Royal or a TA as they can easily do it.

5 minutes ago, kernie968 said:

So the price is the same for refundable as non refundable? I just assumed they would charge more.

It is usually more for a refundable. You will see the cost at the end of the booking process.  

If the price was still lower on board you could book a non refundable at that point.  

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

Even if the refundable deposit fare was $500 or $1000  or more than the non refundable fare it is still a no lose proposition booking now rather than waiting.

book refundable now.  If the price for either the Non refundable or refundable fare is lower by the time you board then cancel the refundable and book on board for the lower rate and OBC.

in 4 to 5 months the price on the cruise you are thinking about could easily go up a whole lot more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kernie968 said:

Sure can!

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Varies, no set amount.  I've seen differences of up to $500.

Agree. Two weeks ago saw one for over $1000, though different sailing date was $26 and yet another was cheaper by over $100 for Refundable..  

11 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Agree. Two weeks ago saw one for over $1000, though different sailing date was $26 and yet another was cheaper by over $100 for Refundable..  

I've seen that a few times

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Even if the refundable deposit fare was $500 or $1000  or more than the non refundable fare it is still a no lose proposition booking now rather than waiting.

book refundable now.  If the price for either the Non refundable or refundable fare is lower by the time you board then cancel the refundable and book on board for the lower rate and OBC.

in 4 to 5 months the price on the cruise you are thinking about could easily go up a whole lot more.

Unless you don''t want to tie up large deposits on multiple cruises B2B's or B2B2B's etc.