Volendam dry dock Oct 18-Oct 31

tommy

On 10/2/2019 at 7:19 PM, rkacruiser said:

I never looked for such.  Had no interest for a DVD when such a wide range of other options were available.  Like you, I think, I don't cruise to watch my stateroom TV.

I'm with you. I can stay home and watch TV, but I can't stay home and watch the sea pass by from my deck. 

• Like 1

This is from the HAL site that has the descriptions of each ship.  It sounds like flatscreen tv’s in all rooms as well as a mini fridge.  I’ve never sailed on her before but I didn’t think all the rooms had a frig before.   Maybe someone else who has sailed since drydock can confirm. 

What entertainment options are available in my stateroom? Each room includes a flat-screen TV with interactive menu of programming including; on-demand movies, music stations, as well as both live and pre-recorded television. Additionally, guests can access ship information, dining options, an onboard activities schedule, shore excursions, and port information through this interactive media console. There are no external inputs available such as A/V or HDMI.
Does my stateroom have a mini-fridge? A mini-fridge is included with all staterooms. Guests who need to refrigerate medication should store it in the ship’s infirmary, as mini-fridges aren’t cold enough for that purpose.
What's the cost for mini-fridge rentals? Unnecessary as all staterooms include a mini-fridge.

18 hours ago, rucrazy said:

Did you notice any public place where a person might see a sporting event and a drink?

There is one bar, I forget the name, that has a large screen TV and some other screens that did show some football. ESPN & ESPN2 are available on your cabin tv and I guess on the bars tv’s

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Kenato said:

There is one bar, I forget the name, that has a large screen TV and some other screens that did show some football. ESPN & ESPN2 are available on your cabin tv and I guess on the bars tv’s

Excellent and thank you... I am sure over the 16 day holiday cruise we should be able to find it...I appreciate you posting back on my inquiry.

Joseph

I was also on that cruise;;

embarkation    was easy; as a 4 star mariner, you bypass the lines and board the ship.

after entering my stateroom, I noticed the glass shower; obviously new since drydock; and the flat screen  TV; also  thought it was warm in the room; played with  the a/c controls, hoping it would get cooler.  After several hours; noticed no change; mentioned it to the cabin stewards(who both were very good);said they would report it.  Mentioned the a/c  problem the next morning to them again; as nothing was coming out the ceiling vents.  I went to the front office after 3 days and reported it; threatening to sleep in the library as it was like a oven in my room; it was fixed the next day and much cooler and I had lots of hot water in the shower; heard a lot of people did not have hot water; it was not confined to just one floor either; seemed to be in different spots throughout the ship. there were still workman on the ship; painting; sanding the promenade deck etc; 

Food was very good as usual, noticed the lido was usually busier than the MDR;  pinnacle grill was fine as was the cannaleto;   usually quite busy..

ports were good; been to all of them before;  especially like aruba and curacao; not much to do in Bonaire;

alas I had to get off and return to work; disembarkation was quite easy also;;;

3 hours ago, retiretwo said:

Kenato, I was wondering  if  the Vista suites have night lights in the bathroom  like some of the older re-fitted ships? Thanks

No, nothing in the bathrooms but under the wardrobes opposite the bathroom door there is a floor level, motion sensitive light that does illuminate the bathroom, especially if you leave the door open.

4 hours ago, invader39 said:

there were still workman on the ship; painting; sanding the promenade deck etc; 

Your experience sounds like others who have sailed on a ship just returning to service after dry dock.  That does not make your experience OK, however.  It's a fault of the cruise line's executives who do not plan (and want the Company to pay) for the proper amount of dry dock time to get all of the work properly done before the ship returns to revenue service.  

9 hours ago, Kenato said:

That's encouraging news.  I still wonder if the interactive TVs have been installed in Dolphin Deck staterooms.  If not, I don't think the former TV system supported either of the ESPN channels.  Could be wrong, of course.  

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...