How's the staff at Vines on the Caribbean Princess?

CineGraphic

18 minutes ago, weedpindle said:

You do realize the crew rotates every so often, every  7-9 months give or take, at unknown dates, so those who may be on now or yesterday, may not be on tomorrow.

Yet many come back to the same ship for many contracts.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, weedpindle said:

You do realize the crew rotates every so often, every  7-9 months give or take, at unknown dates, so those who may be on now or yesterday, may not be on tomorrow.

Sorry, but I highly doubt that the entire staff of Vines will be replaced by the time I board later this month.

2 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Sorry, but I highly doubt that the entire staff of Vines will be replaced by the time I board later this month.

And if someone reports here they don't like a couple of employees there, are you going to cancel the cruise?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PMGS247 said:

Assuming it's the same girl (short, glasses, I believe from Romania) that was the primary face of Vines in May she's a sweetheart.

when not on break ... guess we just hit her 'off times' ... the dude behind the bar was excellent and I got some very nice pours ...

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, voljeep said:

when not on break ... guess we just hit her 'off times' ... the dude behind the bar was excellent and I got some very nice pours ...

I think my wife and I were her favorite customers.  not sure how we earned it, but she couldn't have been nicer to us.  We did see her get a little annoyed when someone came up, asked for a menu, and made a somewhat rude remark to her about how the prices were too high as they left the menu behind and walked away.  She didn't like that very much, but we didn't blame her lol, it was rude.  I can only imagine what they have to put up with throughout a day.

• Thanks 2

My last two cruises have been on the Caribbean Princess. Staff at Vines has been good to great both times. I didn't partake in an organized chocolate and wine pairing, but on both cruises I ordered the chocolate pairings.  It was fun.  Three different chocolates each paired with a different wine.  I believe it was $15.

• Thanks 1

While not the most prolific cruisers around we have yet to find a Vines where the staff was other than very good. Sometimes absolutely excellent but never less than very good.

• Like 3

On 7/11/2019 at 3:24 PM, Tak8 said:

My last two cruises have been on the Caribbean Princess. Staff at Vines has been good to great both times. I didn't partake in an organized chocolate and wine pairing, but on both cruises I ordered the chocolate pairings.  It was fun.  Three different chocolates each paired with a different wine.  I believe it was $15.

Thanks for that info. I did not know you could order the pairing. I thought there was only the group thing. 😄

44 minutes ago, cruiserdru said:

Thanks for that info. I did not know you could order the pairing. I thought there was only the group thing. 😄

Nope. can be anytime of the day as long as they're open. And they do such a good job with that pairing as well

Was on CB in Feb.  There was one young lady and a young man.  Did not pay attention to their names.  They were both pleasant. Vines had a sushi set up one afternoon and then a chocolate set up another afternoon.  Vines is a very active bar

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Was on CB in Feb.  There was one young lady and a young man.  Did not pay attention to their names.  They were both pleasant. Vines had a sushi set up one afternoon and then a chocolate set up another afternoon.  Vines is a very active bar

Love their sushi!

Edited by Jeter02