YC and drinks

CruisingSince1982

The upgrade cost for a US-based sailing is $17 pppd.  If you wait 'til onboard you'll pay an extra 15% service charge that's avoided if you upgrade before sailing.  This is based on the premise that the Premium package is included for YC guests - something that MSC seems to be ambiguous about.  I outlined it in the first post of the following thread:

2652145-what-drinks-package-is-included-in-yc

• Like 1

On 7/11/2019 at 7:04 PM, CruisingSince1982 said:

It will be the SeaShore 

As I think you and I are the only people in the whole world you have (a) booked Seashore and (b) booked YC on Seashore if you find anything out please let me know!!!

• Like 1

Bea, I rang MSC yesterday to see if I could upgrade to Prem+ in YC after our TA was told we couldn’t and still came away non the wiser. I got a newbie when I rang and he said “I think you can but I am new so will speak to a colleague”. He came back with “there is no limit in YC so all drinks are included”. I did point out that I didn’t think that was the case but he just suggested ringing back in a week or so as they may know better then!

Why am I not surprised?!!!  I suggest you email the booking management team at bookingmanagement@msccruises.co.uk.  Here's the response I got from them.  Put Alice's name in the subject title of the email and use the following in the content explaining that it's the response another cruiser got for a 23 night cruise in YC if you wish - it may help:

Thank you for your email.

The Yacht Club does not include a specific drink package, but it offers a premium F&B experience, within and outside of the Yacht Club area. Guests can enjoy complimentary drinks with premium brands included, while the top-shelf connoisseurs’ selection is on
 payment within and outside of the Yacht Club. A complimentary premium beverage selection is offered in all onboard bars and restaurants, according to the drink selections available in the different venues.

Should you like to benefit of the connoisseurs selection of spirits, then a upgrade to our Premium Plus Package is required:

- 14.00 EUROs per person/day = 322.00 EUROs per person/day x 2 = 644.00 EUROs total.

Please be so kind and advise should you like us to add this to your booking and send you the updated confirmation.

Kind regards,
Alice Constantinescu
Booking Management Team
MSC Cruises LTD

In keeping with Bea's tips and suggestions - that are always welcome 😍 - I called my TA to ask whether to upgrade from YC to Premium.

Our main concern revolves around bubbles, Champagne to be clear.  In the old scheme, Nicolas Feuillate was included.  Apparently, it may not be at this time, in YC.  There is also this issue of 12€ price.

So.....

My TA tells me that some champagne is included in our upcoming cruise (TA from Genoa to Miami, November 2019), but the Rep does not know what brand.  Also, my TA indicates that the 12€ thing has been recently abandoned.

What to think?

** My TA is my sister, part of Expedia cruises, and she keels herself over (ha! ha!) to get info for me **

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zephyr173 said:

In keeping with Bea's tips and suggestions - that are always welcome 😍 - I called my TA to ask whether to upgrade from YC to Premium.

Our main concern revolves around bubbles, Champagne to be clear.  In the old scheme, Nicolas Feuillate was included.  Apparently, it may not be at this time, in YC.  There is also this issue of 12€ price.

So.....

My TA tells me that some champagne is included in our upcoming cruise (TA from Genoa to Miami, November 2019), but the Rep does not know what brand.  Also, my TA indicates that the 12€ thing has been recently abandoned.

What to think?

As CruisingFox has said, Nicholas Feuillatte is included for YC - but, for some reason, is not listed on the YC menus.  Laurent-Perrier is also included in the Champagne bar and Butcher's Cut speciality restaurant. 

The Connoisseurs' Selection offerings are really the only items not included in Premium (or for YC) and those items on the YC menus with prices - so no really need to be concerned with what the upper price limit is.  We chose to upgrade to PremiumPlus to avail of the better quality champagnes, wines and top shelf spirits, but, really, Premium is a very comprehensive package in its own right.

Edited by Beamafar

4 hours ago, Beamafar said:

As CruisingFox has said, Nicholas Feuillatte is included for YC - but, for some reason, is not listed on the YC menus.  Laurent-Perrier is also included in the Champagne bar and Butcher's Cut speciality restaurant. 

Do you know the official pricelimit for drinks outside the Yacht Club, if there is än official limit? If there is än official limit is the NF listed in the menus under the limit?

1 minute ago, sverigecruiser said:

Do you know the official pricelimit for drinks outside the Yacht Club, if there is än official limit? If there is än official limit is the NF listed in the menus under the limit?

I haven't sailed in YC since the introduction of the new drinks packages, SC.  We'll be on Seaview in 6 weeks' time, so, hopefully, I'll find out what the position onboard is.

12 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I haven't sailed in YC since the introduction of the new drinks packages, SC.  We'll be on Seaview in 6 weeks' time, so, hopefully, I'll find out what the position onboard is.

I hope you find out. As you know I wasn't able to find out!

On 7/12/2019 at 2:11 PM, Beamafar said:

For our 10 days, 4 glasses of Moët or veuve clicquot (both brut or rose) and 4 measures of Johnnie Walker blue label and the whole upgrade is covered. 

I am not following this.  Are you implying Johnnie Walker Blue is included?  In which package?

Thanks.

14 hours ago, Zephyr173 said:

So.....

What to think?

** My TA is my sister, part of Expedia cruises, and she keels herself over (ha! ha!) to get info for me **

Off topic, Zephyr, but I noticed you cruised the Baltic on the Preziosa last year. (I'm happy to send you a private message so as not to clutter up this thread). What were your impressions? We're thinking of doing a cruise on that ship next year.

5 minutes ago, st5310 said:

I am not following this.  Are you implying Johnnie Walker Blue is included?  In which package?

Thanks.

It's included in the PremiumPlus package (as are all the top shelf brands of spirits, wines & champagnes).

3 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Off topic, Zephyr, but I noticed you cruised the Baltic on the Preziosa last year. (I'm happy to send you a private message so as not to clutter up this thread). What were your impressions? We're thinking of doing a cruise on that ship next year.

We've been on Preziosa 3 times, DCG ... loved it.  Very similar to Divina but the colour schemes are different.  We're booked on her again next year for a 14 night in YC - really looking forward to seeing her again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beamafar said:

It's included in the PremiumPlus package (as are all the top shelf brands of spirits, wines & champagnes).

Impressive.  I have never seen Johnnie Blue offered on any premium package on any cruise line.  I would love to see the included list of those wines and spirits on the PremiumPlus package... is there a link?

21 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Hi DCG.

We had a fantastic time.  Kiel - Copenhagen - Stockholm - Tallin -St-Petersberg - Kiel.  Every port was great.  Did ships' excursions in Copenhagen and Stockholm (good) and private ones in Tallin and St-P (wow!).  Private message me if you want more details.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, st5310 said:

Thank you!

I was editing the previous post to add the wine list, but for some reason it wouldn't load.  Everything on it will be included in Prem+ too:

image.thumb.png.b8c7b479e2b6592fb5e84f7063b8cb1a.png

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I was editing the previous post to add the wine list, but for some reason it wouldn't load.  Everything on it will be included in Prem+ too: 

This is very kind of you.... didn't mean for you to go to the trouble of uploading images for me, but really appreciate it, thank you again.  I have never sailed MSC, but they have some interesting perks as part of their Yacht Club tier and certainly this Premium+ fascinates me.  Two Johnnie Blues before dinner would almost cover the daily charge... throw in a Rémy Martin XO or two later and you've more than gotten your money's worth.

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 2:28 PM, CruisingFox27 said:

Oh 😮

The butler in the TSL last year told us he actually timed how long we took over our drinks and then magically appeared 2 minutes before our scheduled 'finish' time. I don't know how long this was but guarantee it was closer to 9.6 minutes than 96 😂

I've always known Carnival wasn't for us....

I just watched a video on YouTube of the Meraviglia Champagne Bar menu. It appears that all champagne and sparkling wine is sold by the bottle only. 

Edited by DCGuy64
Removed erroneous information

8 minutes ago, st5310 said:

This is very kind of you.... didn't mean for you to go to the trouble of uploading images for me, but really appreciate it, thank you again.  I have never sailed MSC, but they have some interesting perks as part of their Yacht Club tier and certainly this Premium+ fascinates me.  Two Johnnie Blues before dinner would almost cover the daily charge... throw in a Rémy Martin XO or two later and you've more than gotten your money's worth.

No trouble (usually  🙄 internet connection just acting up at the moment!).

I agree about the great value in upgrading, but there are a few reports on here that people are having trouble getting the upgrade on a YC booking.  We have 2 YC bookings coming up and have upgraded on both.

DCG ... the champagne bar on Meraviglia does have champagne by the glass.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

No trouble (usually  🙄 internet connection just acting up at the moment!).

I agree about the great value in upgrading, but there are a few reports on here that people are having trouble getting the upgrade on a YC booking.  We have 2 YC bookings coming up and have upgraded on both. 

I've purchased beverage packages in the past... once on Celebrity many moons ago before their current 4-perks promotion and once on Oceania.  They were premium level, but even they had a few restrictions.  If I ever choose to sail MSC I would definitely do a Yacht Club suite and upgrade to premium+.