The Haven Spa Suite with Balcony (H9)

Haven Spa Suites come with all the Haven perks including a butler.  The rooms are not located in the haven proper.  They are a deck below the Haven near the spa.  The advantage of this room as I see it is that it gets you all the Haven perks and benefits AND access to the thermal suite without the additional charge that the other Haven rooms must pay.  Downside tends to be the size of the cabin and the balcony.  I personally don't care for the tub in the room as it takes up a lot of space and we didn't use it.  But some people really like this feature.  We've been in a spa suite, penthouse suite, and aft-penthouse suite.  Loved them all.  For the sake of cost, I'd probably default to the spa suite because I don't like having to pay additional for the thermal suite access.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Haven Spa Suites come with all the Haven perks including a butler.  The rooms are not located in the haven proper.  They are a deck below the Haven near the spa.  The advantage of this room as I see it is that it gets you all the Haven perks and benefits AND access to the thermal suite without the additional charge that the other Haven rooms must pay.  Downside tends to be the size of the cabin and the balcony.  I personally don't care for the tub in the room as it takes up a lot of space and we didn't use it.  But some people really like this feature.  We've been in a spa suite, penthouse suite, and aft-penthouse suite.  Loved them all.  For the sake of cost, I'd probably default to the spa suite because I don't like having to pay additional for the thermal suite access.

Great assessment. I feel the same way about the jacuzzi in the room. As you said it’s usually the cheapest Haven Suite and it’s the only Haven suite that gives you thermal suite access. We’ve stayed in Spa Suites three times, all on the Getaway and still can’t figure out how the cabin light control panel works lol.

100% agree with both previous assessments.  What would be cool is if they changed the wall to make the jacuzzi on the outside.  I feel we would use it if it was technically part of the balcony.  Doesn’t seem like that would be too hard to do.

• Like 1

Specific to the Escape, the H9’s are grouped together in one corridor with card key access. There are rooms above and below so it’s very quiet. The Haven proper is just one quick flight of stairs up. You get all of the perks and amenities of the Haven plus thermal spa passes for the entire cruise. The cabin is has plenty of room with authentic looking simulated wood floors throughout. Tons of storage and drawers. The bathroom has a large double sink and large walk-in shower with multiple water jets. The balcony is very wide, but not that deep. We loved the jacuzzi in the room and brought our own bath bombs. One slight negative is the dining table is small, but we were served a 4 coarse dinner from Cagney’s on it with no problem.

We had the opportunity to bid on most other Haven category cabins for a lower minimum, but we didn’t because really wanted this room. We highly recommend this room on the Escape. 

9D3AC6EC-3C00-4195-9A02-D2C7E989DF0D.thumb.jpeg.39dae453c517561552298a110aa9e0b4.jpeg1ACEBF04-343D-420C-BB94-5A49BD472D10.thumb.jpeg.605d71532b36943f7acef477a500dc79.jpeg4CA97206-F073-433C-AE33-3D413F91FE0E.thumb.jpeg.37680c9d084c87aec770ef00a9de968b.jpeg

4 hours ago, aero777 said:

Specific to the Escape, the H9’s are grouped together in one corridor with card key access. There are rooms above and below so it’s very quiet. The Haven proper is just one quick flight of stairs up. You get all of the perks and amenities of the Haven plus thermal spa passes for the entire cruise. The cabin is has plenty of room with authentic looking simulated wood floors throughout. Tons of storage and drawers. The bathroom has a large double sink and large walk-in shower with multiple water jets. The balcony is very wide, but not that deep. We loved the jacuzzi in the room and brought our own bath bombs. One slight negative is the dining table is small, but we were served a 4 coarse dinner from Cagney’s on it with no problem.

We had the opportunity to bid on most other Haven category cabins for a lower minimum, but we didn’t because really wanted this room. We highly recommend this room on the Escape. 

Great pictures and assessment! I've not been on Escape but if given the opportunity, I will definitely opt for an H9.  

5 hours ago, aero777 said:

9D3AC6EC-3C00-4195-9A02-D2C7E989DF0D.thumb.jpeg.39dae453c517561552298a110aa9e0b4.jpeg1ACEBF04-343D-420C-BB94-5A49BD472D10.thumb.jpeg.605d71532b36943f7acef477a500dc79.jpeg4CA97206-F073-433C-AE33-3D413F91FE0E.thumb.jpeg.37680c9d084c87aec770ef00a9de968b.jpeg

Thanks for the pics.  I am gonna add this to my bid portfolio

This room has no sofa due to the tub.  It has 2 chairs near the small table, but they are not so comfortable.  We booked the room because of the haven perks.  If you enjoy the thermal spa (which is very nice on Escape) that's a good reason to book this room.  You can fit a lounge chair on the balcony.  The bathroom is small compared to other haven cabins, but it does have the jetted shower.

We booked a Spa Suite on a 14 night Transatlantic last October. It was nice to have the tub in our room. The pools, spa, and hot tubs on the ship, including in The Haven, were closed for much of our trip so being able to come back to our room and have a warm soak was great. I would not do this on a warm Caribbean cruise. We felt the Spa pass was a waste due to the  closure of the Thalassotherapy Pool. What saved our trip was our own tub. We also liked having the laminate floor which seemed cleaner than carpet. So I would recommend a Spa Suite for certain cruises. P.S. It is a tight fit for 2 adults-quite cozy. Comfortable for one.

11 hours ago, MsMaybelline said:

We booked a Spa Suite on a 14 night Transatlantic last October. It was nice to have the tub in our room. The pools, spa, and hot tubs on the ship, including in The Haven, were closed for much of our trip so being able to come back to our room and have a warm soak was great. I would not do this on a warm Caribbean cruise. We felt the Spa pass was a waste due to the  closure of the Thalassotherapy Pool. What saved our trip was our own tub. We also liked having the laminate floor which seemed cleaner than carpet. So I would recommend a Spa Suite for certain cruises. P.S. It is a tight fit for 2 adults-quite cozy. Comfortable for one.

Thanks for the feedback.

12 hours ago, MsMaybelline said:

We're booked in a Spa Suite for a Transatlantic this coming April 2020.  Were you informed as to why all the pools were closed?

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 5:08 AM, drvmywifecrzy said:

For those of you who have sailed in these cabins on the Away class or specifically Escape.  Tell me about these rooms.  Does it get all Haven perks including Butler?  What made you book this type of cabin?

In addition to the above, if you have a party larger than 2, you can get 3 or 4 (with two kids) in Escape Spa Suite 16100.   It is

much larger than the other Haven Spa cabins on the Escape but they do not publish that fact.    It is almost as if was supposed to be two suites but they ran out of space, so it just ended up with a larger bathroom and a separate living/dining/sofa bed room.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hotspring said:

In addition to the above, if you have a party larger than 2, you can get 3 or 4 (with two kids) in Escape Spa Suite 16100.   It is

much larger than the other Haven Spa cabins on the Escape but they do not publish that fact.    It is almost as if was supposed to be two suites but they ran out of space, so it just ended up with a larger bathroom and a separate living/dining/sofa bed room.

They call that cabin a deluxe spa suite and charge more for it. Also since it is the only one of its kind, it is not eligible for bidding on.  It's an h8.  The other spas are h9.

3 hours ago, gizfish said:

They call that cabin a deluxe spa suite and charge more for it. Also since it is the only one of its kind, it is not eligible for bidding on.  It's an h8.  The other spas are h9.

Actually it probably depends on what cruise you are one.  We found the H8 to be slightly less expensive than than the H9.    We queried this board and FB to determine if were getting a dud suite, maybe noisy, too small, too much traffic, with no conclusive results.   We were pleased when we finally were able to drop our carry on luggage off to observe the expansive size and found that except for the last night when they were picking up luggage the outside passageway was near silent.   Unfortunately, we became addicted to Haven and have reserved rooms that split for privacy or even have an extra half bath.

1 hour ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

So I am 5 weeks out from sailing and all 13 H9 remain unsold.  That seems crazy to me.

Keep in mind its the summer, I thing more people would like to be closer to the Haven Courtyard. Not that an H5 is that far away. On my cruise in June on the Escape the only Haven cabins left within 3 days of sailing were 3-4 H9's

Edited by Laszlo

5 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

Keep in mind its the summer, I thing more people would like to be closer to the Haven Courtyard. Not that an H5 is that far away. On my cruise in June on the Escape the only Haven cabins left within 3 days of sailing were 3-4 H9's

I am just wondering if a low bid gets me one

2 minutes ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

I am just wondering if a low bid gets me one

5 weeks out with that many left I would think your chances are pretty good. Put a bid in a do a mock booking every 3-4 days to see what is left