OCEAN BLUE

45 minutes ago, chloe kitty said:

We travel quite a bit, but not so much on NCL.  Would appreciate it if someone would answer some questions about the SDP  Looking at Cagney's, for example, if we have the package and order Halibut which shows $29., does that mean that we have to pay an additional $29.00 above the cost of SDP?

Is the only non al carte restaurant on the Joy  Teppanyaki?

Thank you for your help.

If you have the SDP, you are entitled to one entree. At the end of the meal you will receive a itemized bill, however the final total will be zero. For example on the NCL Jewel a couple weeks back my bill at Cagney's showed $74 but then the SDP cancelled all the charges and my total billed was $0. 

14 hours ago, CardFanDubG said:

If you have the SDP, you are entitled to one entree. At the end of the meal you will receive a itemized bill, however the final total will be zero. For example on the NCL Jewel a couple weeks back my bill at Cagney's showed $74 but then the SDP cancelled all the charges and my total billed was $0. 

Thank you.

1 hour ago, tomservo said:

You can get multiple apps/desserts with the SDP as well. 

This has been the topic in many threads. On our NCL Jewel cruise July 1-8 in every specialty dining room that we ate in the server began our meal telling us that we could select one item from each category. We had a group of 12 so I did not argue the point, but that announcement was consistent in every restaurant, one starter, one soup or salad, one entree. 

7 hours ago, CardFanDubG said:

This has been the topic in many threads. On our NCL Jewel cruise July 1-8 in every specialty dining room that we ate in the server began our meal telling us that we could select one item from each category. We had a group of 12 so I did not argue the point, but that announcement was consistent in every restaurant, one starter, one soup or salad, one entree. 

I was told the same thing on Bliss and Getaway - but I always corrected the waiter that I can have as many starters and desserts as I wanted. And they agreed to that. So I don't know why personnel is told to say it to people since they know it isn't true.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JezzaC said:

I was told the same thing on Bliss and Getaway - but I always corrected the waiter that I can have as many starters and desserts as I wanted. And they agreed to that. So I don't know why personnel is told to say it to people since they know it isn't true.

Where could I find this in writing from NCL?  I love the appetizers.  Mom loves the desserts.

30 minutes ago, Jasonmom said:

Where could I find this in writing from NCL?  I love the appetizers.  Mom loves the desserts.

In the FAQ section on NCL website. No indication of only one anything except entree, which will incur an added charge.

B83ABB04-F974-4286-8BC5-452D1FED1080.jpeg

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jasonmom said:

You cannot find a limit in writing. The terms of the dining package specifically state that at some restaurants there are limits on entrees. There is nothing in the terms about limits on apps, sides, or desserts. Therefore, there aren't limits.

-Ocean Blue on the Bliss this past April.  Wonderful!  Two things I remember …. the bread drenched in butter (oh my goodness!), and the brussels sprouts with pancetta.  I know we had main dishes, but these two items stand out.  Looking for a repeat on the Joy in December..

~d

4 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

Well I can see a couple of appetizers I want to start with.    I love Crab cakes and I want to try the Scallops.    I may have to ask for the dessert to go!

They will deliver your ordered dessert to your stateroom.  😀

Edited by Bennett'sCruise

When we dined at OB on the Getaway last September, I had the clam chowder (which they made at the table), the Surf n Turf, with sides of the potatoes and the asparagus.  Everything was excellent.

IMG_1572sm.jpg

IMG_1573sm.jpg

IMG_1574sm.jpg

IMG_1575sm.jpg

IMG_1576sm.jpg

IMG_1577sm.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LrgPizza said:

You cannot find a limit in writing. The terms of the dining package specifically state that at some restaurants there are limits on entrees. There is nothing in the terms about limits on apps, sides, or desserts. Therefore, there aren't limits.

It is not explicitly excluded, therefore it is implicitly included :classic_biggrin:

4 hours ago, Bennett'sCruise said:

They will deliver your ordered dessert to your stateroom.  😀

Is this for anyone at a specialty, or do you need to be in a suite? The last time we did this we were in the Haven. 

9 hours ago, Greenpea2 said:

In the FAQ section on NCL website. No indication of only one anything except entree, which will incur an added charge.

B83ABB04-F974-4286-8BC5-452D1FED1080.jpeg

When I think there may be a question, I bring a copy of T&Cs with me on the cruise to show the waiter or manager if needed. That is how I ended up getting unlimited 4oz. pours of Caymus in Vintages on RCL under the drink pkg. Unfortunately they they have done away with those now.🙁 But it never hurts to have something in writing to refer to.

Mary Ann

2 hours ago, seemoreroyals said:

Now that they have Ocean Blue as a choice for specialty dining without an up charge, do they have up charges for certain things on the menu such as surf and turf an an entree or shrimp cocktail as an appetizer?

The latest menus people are posting are not showing an additional up charge for anything.   Same for Cagney's.  It appears they only tried those up charges for a few months.  

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Redsky5292 said:

When we ate there last week there were no up-charges for anything. 

This is so good to hear. I wasn't happy when they added the up-charge but we were prepared to pay it. Now it looks like we don't have to worry.  t t 

3 hours ago, Dreams42Day said:

https://cruiseadvice101.com/cruiseshipmenus/ncloceanblue/

This shows the full menu for Ocean Blue 

Interesting post, but it looks like the menus are from Getaway Sept 2018.   No more Florida Stone Crab claws on the latest menus and the ala carte pricing has raised considerably🙁