Visa redeemed points

I just have to vent.  I have $400 in redemption points on my RCCL account.  We are sailing the end of September.  I have called the redemption # twice hoping I can get someone to actually put it on my account so I can use it now for excursions and internet.  The prices are low right now but I am told I can’t use my points till 2 weeks before my cruise.  I know there is nothing more I can do but I just had to vent to someone.  Sorry 😐 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, maggieq said:

We have always had access a few days after calling them in.  Although we usually wait until 3 weeks out from cruise date. 

Where would I see that it has been added to my account?  

23 minutes ago, doones2 said:

Where would I see that it has been added to my account?  

Plus, if you want to see the OBC in writing, contact whoever booked your cruise and ask for Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation.

10 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

We had to call a couple times, but were able to have it show up 7 or 8 weeks before the cruise.  Just tell them you want to make some precruise purchases during the sale. 

10 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

We had to call a couple times, but were able to have it show up 7 or 8 weeks before the cruise.  Just tell them you want to make some precruise purchases during the sale. 

I just got off the phone with the redemption center.  I explained that I wanted to purchase some excursions and internet.  He checked and came back and told me I would have to wait 1-2 weeks before the cruise.  I asked if there was anyway I can get it sooner and he said politely no.  I don’t understand why it takes so long to apply it to my account.  

1 minute ago, doones2 said:

I just got off the phone with the redemption center.  I explained that I wanted to purchase some excursions and internet.  He checked and came back and told me I would have to wait 1-2 weeks before the cruise.  I asked if there was anyway I can get it sooner and he said politely no.  I don’t understand why it takes so long to apply it to my account.  

Possibly a new policy, but I would not give up quite yet.  I'd try calling a few more times next week, during normal business hours.

2 minutes ago, doones2 said:

Got the same answer the first time too.  Just try again with a different rep

44 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Got the same answer the first time too.  Just try again with a different rep

Well today was my third call but I am not giving up. I will wait a few days. Maybe they’ll give me my points earlier if I become a pain in the butt.  Lol

• Haha 1

I have the same issue.  I am less than 1 month out and still have not been able to get them to apply the OBC from my VISA points.  I also do not understand why this can't be done sooner.  I find it hard to believe there are that many transactions and it seems like it would be more work for them to have to respond to people constantly calling rather than just post the OBC when it is redeemed.

I had this happen on our recent cruise with bank of america RCCL card. The credit didn't show up until a few days before the cruise and that was me having to intervene and request a service check to see why it wasn't showing up.

Strange though how next year's cruise shows now not only the $200 OBC but also the extra $100 OBC just because there is a special for July that, if you book a cruise this month, you get an additional $100 obc. Both are in place!

That is so odd.. I redeemed my points back in Dec 2018 .. some were about to expire.. now my cruise isn't until next Feb 2020, but I wanted to use the credits to purchase excursions etc.. so I called in Feb of this year.. and within an hour my credit should up in my cruise planner., and I even got an updated confirmation showing the obc.

I called the Crown and Anchor phone number to get my redeemed onboard credit applied in the cruise planner.  This was in early June for our upcoming August 3rd cruise.  It seemed pretty easy and the obc showed up in my cruise planner within a few minutes of getting off the phone.  

So glad I kept following this thread.  I went and pulled out what I thought was the confirmation for my points redemption.  Apparently I got to the redemption screen and never hit confirm.  I panicked because I cruise August 2 and this was my drinking money.  LOL .  I tried to redeem online and the page was unavailable so I called the Bank of America RCCL redemption number.  He was able to redeem and now I have the email and will continue to watch for my points.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, breezy_carol said:

So glad I kept following this thread.  I went and pulled out what I thought was the confirmation for my points redemption.  Apparently I got to the redemption screen and never hit confirm.  I panicked because I cruise August 2 and this was my drinking money.  LOL .  I tried to redeem online and the page was unavailable so I called the Bank of America RCCL redemption number.  He was able to redeem and now I have the email and will continue to watch for my points.

I hope you see it soon.  I know my points were redeemed because RCCL agent told me how much I had.  Just can’t spend them

• Like 1