how to get a verifaction of stockholders cruise credit before boarding

steve 48

trying to get see if there is a way to get some type of email or online verification for shareholder stock credit, once I submit application. prior to getting on ship. (Holland America says you just have to trust them.) thank you in advance. 

Just to add to Cruiser Bruce’s post - if you have booked directly with HAL or a PCC you will see all your OBC’s including your CCL credit - you can tell by the amount.

If you use a TA, they should send you a confirmation.

I ask for a confirming email and just take that on the cruise with me in case.

59 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

When you submit your info, you ask them to notify you via e mail of confirmation of the credit being given. They do that regularly, frequently within an hour.

Like CruiserBruce said:  We had a TA.  I faxed shares to HAL, heard nothing, week later, sent same fax again, along with email.  I got an email confirmation next day.

Sometimes we get a confirmation and other times we don't.  Last year on the Koningsdam, I faxed in the form and waited 2 weeks.  No word so sent it in again.  Again no word.  Faxed it a 3rd time and finally got a confirmation telling me it had been posted after the 1st time.  I wish they would show the credit online and it would alleviate so many calls, faxes and emails!  Princess does so why can't HAL?

5 hours ago, kazu said:

Just to add to Cruiser Bruce’s post - if you have booked directly with HAL or a PCC you will see all your OBC’s including your CCL credit - you can tell by the amount.

If you use a TA, they should send you a confirmation.

I ask for a confirming email and just take that on the cruise with me in case.

Kazu,

Where in my account will I see it?  I  booked directly with HAL,, and faxed it in on Friday, for a cruise in October.  I asked them for a confirmation email and haven't heard yet.  

At the same time, I also faxed it to Princess for a cruise in March 2020 and within a few hours it was in my account on Princess

5 minutes ago, Daisyloo said:

Kazu,

Where in my account will I see it?  I  booked directly with HAL,, and faxed it in on Friday, for a cruise in October.  I asked them for a confirmation email and haven't heard yet.  

At the same time, I also faxed it to Princess for a cruise in March 2020 and within a few hours it was in my account on Princess

If you go to “make a payment” the OBC’s show there if my memory is correct.

You don’t need to make a payment to see the OBC’s 😉 

Call your TA or HAL - a knowledgeable or tech savvy TA should be able to see the credit in the direct HAL booking system (POLAR) as well as the amount,  promo description or type, and whether or not is refundable.  I just checked one of my bookings and can see it.

Edited by cruisingrob21

Thanks everyone for your  replies!, The travel agent managed to get a  phone call  to  Holland, and with a little "encouragement".  the stock credits were applied to all my future booked cruises, with one call. didn't have to submit multiple requests. this site and your comments really help, hope to meet you on a future cruise!

2 hours ago, steve 48 said:

Thanks everyone for your  replies!, The travel agent managed to get a  phone call  to  Holland, and with a little "encouragement".  the stock credits were applied to all my future booked cruises, with one call. didn't have to submit multiple requests. this site and your comments really help, hope to meet you on a future cruise!

That's great. Hooray for your TA.