Self Debarkation Port Everglades

10 minutes ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

I know there are exceptions to every rule and things can and do change.  But generally speaking, what time are Princess Cruises returning to Ft. Lauderdale cleared for self debarkation?

Generally between 6 and 7am for most cruises.

2 minutes ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

So, now the question that I imagine will generate great controversy and debate:  11:00 flight out of FLL reasonable?  Carrying on, pre-check, domestic, and coming off a Caribbean cruise (not Europe/SA).

No problem. You can see the ship from the gate.

We usually Uber/Lyft.

It is only about 2 miles.

At the gate by 8:30.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

So, now the question that I imagine will generate great controversy and debate:  11:00 flight out of FLL reasonable?  Carrying on, pre-check, domestic, and coming off a Caribbean cruise (not Europe/SA).

As long as there’s no problems (???) You May be all right my friends from NY do it all the time. The earliest for me was 11:20 am

flight to Boston on J/Blue. Good luck. 👍 

Tony

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

EZ-Air ?

We have a flight booked through EZ Air from FLL at 10:40am.  I figure Princess wouldn't let us book that time if they didn't think we could make it.  We always choose self disembarkation and carry off our own luggage in the first group.

A) You can make an 11am flight

B) Early walk off can begin as early as 6:30, but it really depends on when immigration is ready. In any case even if you walk off by 7:30, take a taxi to the airport and you will have enough time.

C) here are the Princess guidelines. Appears an 11:00 flight is within the time line.

Disembarking Passengers
Earliest International Flight Departure for Ft. Lauderdale: 5 hours after ship's arrival.
Earliest Domestic Flight Departure for Ft. Lauderdale: 4 hours and 30 minutes after ship's arrival.

3 hours ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

Yeap, that shouldn't be an issue. I have seen people with flights earlier than that.

Routinely do 10:30 or 10:40 SW flight from FLL with luggage.  We just make sure our disembarkation group is one of first couple groups after self-carry group.  Taxis are well organized and waiting.  Even with luggage we have been at gate at 8:15.  I wouldn’t try it from the TAs because of Customs and Immigration.

Toying with trying the 9:40 flight next time....

Safe Journeys.  Paul

Well, I gotta give the Princess crew credit!  This question on The Royal Board tends to blow up with crazy "what ifs"!  I tell them I'm even considering a flight at 11, and they'll get on their soap boxes and preach about how it needs to be one pm or I'll spend my whole vacation worrying about getting home LOL!

17 hours ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

11:00 flight out of FLL reasonable? 

Easily.  Most of my flights are between 9-10:30, no issues at all with an 11am flight, assuming the ship is ontime.  You can walk off and be at the security line at the airport in as little as 20 minutes.

32 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

My last one was 9:45, got off the ship at 7:15, and at the gate at 7:45. 

Thanks.  I never sweat it too much from FLL with SW Air.  Can always reschedule at the last moment.  Best and most likely case, I’m in D.C. around noon....worse case, I spend the day at the beach in Fort Lauderdale...

Safe Journeys, Paul

3 hours ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

Well, I gotta give the Princess crew credit!  This question on The Royal Board tends to blow up with crazy "what ifs"!  I tell them I'm even considering a flight at 11, and they'll get on their soap boxes and preach about how it needs to be one pm or I'll spend my whole vacation worrying about getting home LOL!

I love to read this stuff because it means less demand for the earlier flight that I want.  You can relax with an 11:00am.

18 hours ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

Very reasonable barring unexpected delays. We had a 10:50 out of FLL on our January cruise on the Regal, walked off at 7:15 and arrived at our gate at FLL with much time to spare. The flights were booked through EZair, so I believe Princess thought that departure time to be reasonable.