Luggage tags

3 hours ago, motheroftwocats814 said:

Generally 60 days prior to departure!

Nope.

3 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

Usually at about 49 days before sailing..

Yep.

3 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

The "49 day" answer is correct.  🙂

Yep. 

• Like 1

On 7/24/2019 at 6:17 PM, precious89904600 said:

We will be going on Harmony of Seas on Oct 6th when will luggage tags be available to print

This may be a dumb question but I haven’t cruised on RCCL since they started allowing the printing of your own luggage tags. Do you print these on heavier weight paper?  I noticed the instructions on them say to staple or tape at certain points. Do they hold up well to the handling by the port guys/longshoremen who take your luggage?  

2 minutes ago, patcacmt said:

This may be a dumb question but I haven’t cruised on RCCL since they started allowing the printing of your own luggage tags. Do you print these on heavier weight paper?  I noticed the instructions on them say to staple or tape at certain points. Do they hold up well to the handling by the port guys/longshoremen who take your luggage?  

Grab some luggage tag holder and insert the luggage tags.  Works perfectly!  For Royal, get the narrow kind.  You can find them here on CC or search on Amazon.

6 minutes ago, patcacmt said:

If you look around on websites, you can find clear plastic holders with steel loops for RCI luggage tags. They work great..

Edited by Johnamac123
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, patcacmt said:

By the time you fold them, they are pretty much impossible to tear.  

The most important thing is to staple it CLOSE TO THE HANDLE, and then again at the end. 

If you only staple it at the end, it makes a big loop which is easy to get caught on the wheels of another suitcase or get inadvertently grabbed by a hand, and the loop can get pulled apart at the staple.

But the paper itself is VERY sturdy.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, patcacmt said:

@patcacmt

https://www.amazon.com/Cruise-Luggage-Holder-Seal-Steel/dp/B01E4SQNLS/ref=sr_1_3?crid=EADRKUG5RN7C&keywords=luggage+tag+holders+for+royal+caribbean+cruise+ships&qid=1564209030&s=gateway&sprefix=luggage+tag+holders+royal+%2Caps%2C-1&sr=8-3

image.thumb.png.7e1691b5121d2a44fc944738400116e2.png

I would suggest that if you do not get the luggage tags, when you fold the tags, put packing tape over the paper to make it sturdier. Once, my mother's bag was delayed until late evening because her tag had inadvertently been ripped off after we handed them over at the terminal.

7 hours ago, patcacmt said:

Easy to get them made at the port by a porter - those are good!

Edited by holiday-shrek

I agree, great info!  I never realized those luggage tag holders even existed.  And the packing tape idea, to “laminate” them, is a good one, too. I do remember having to get some at the port once in LA, so that’s another option. Again, thanks for the great ideas. 

One more fan of the clear plastic (reusable) luggage tags holders that Merion Mom posted.  You can also use them for your disembarkation tags.  

I am also one that does one on top handle, one on side.. ..learned that the hard way.  

I had trouble with the metal attachments, so I find using those indestructible plastic zip ties much more reliable.  

I never bother printing my own and just let the porter fill one out. One less thing to worry about for me while I'm on vacation. Although, I have noticed that most of the hotels that cater to cruise travel have packing tape and a stapler on a table in the front lobby.

I also love that they have the set sail pass on the app now. I take a screen shot so I don't have to worry if cell service is bad.

I do print my name/phone number/address/ship/stateroom number on a sheet of paper and put it on top of my clothes in my bag. That way if the tag does somehow come off they can figure out where the bag is supposed to go. I work for an airline though, and this is something that also helps us out greatly if a bag is mistagged or the tag is lost/destroyed.