Please hold your discussion until Lisa Lutoff-Perlo has answered the question!

• Administrators

Unless you are adding to the initial question asked, please hold your discussion of the topic until Lisa has had an opportunity to answer the question.  

On 7/30/2019 at 5:59 PM, LauraS said:

Unless you are adding to the initial question asked, please hold your discussion of the topic until Lisa has had an opportunity to answer the question.  

I’m afraid this doesn’t translate well here. 

If someone asks me to hold the discussion that means start the discussion now. As in the phrase to hold a discussion meaning to have a discussion. 

Thats certainly what it means in the U.K.  

I think you you mean please wait until she has replied before you discuss the question. 

That may may explain why some people are discussing questions now. 

Just a thought and thanks for your hard work. 

• Like 1

What does not translate easilly for me in the Uk is the meaning of "though Augst 12th".

Does that mean from now to Aug 12th, because there does not appear to be any answered questions or does it mean actually only on August 12th?

Edited by Pentlands
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Pentlands said:

What does not translate easilly for me in the Uk is the meaning of "though Augst 12th".

Does that mean from now to Aug 12th, because there does not appear to be any answered questions or does it mean actually only on August 12th?

I think through August 12 means she will be visiting to answer from now until 12th of August , so 12/8/19 will be the last day she might answer. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/3/2019 at 10:59 AM, Highpeaklad said:

I think through August 12 means she will be visiting to answer from now until 12th of August , so 12/8/19 will be the last day she might answer. 

Or 8/12/19 in the US :classic_wink:

• Haha 1

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 4:59 AM, Host Jazzbeau said:

Or 8/12/19 in the US :classic_wink:

We'll forgive you for doing things backwards ;-)

Have to say I have been thinking that 'through' meant that she would reply all day on the 12th. Didn't think it meant over a period of time up to the 12th.

6 hours ago, Presto2 said:

We'll forgive you for doing things backwards ;-)

Have to say I have been thinking that 'through' meant that she would reply all day on the 12th. Didn't think it meant over a period of time up to the 12th.

And we will forgive you for rebelling against us – you are welcome to come back as a colony any time! [Or did I get that backwards too? :classic_wink:]

I had been thinking it meant she would start replying at some point and continue to do so through the 12th of August [is that better?] – but it's beginning to look like you were right all along and she will only be posting on the day of August 12 [sorry, it still looks better to me that way :classic_smile:]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

And we will forgive you for rebelling against us – you are welcome to come back as a colony any time! [Or did I get that backwards too? :classic_wink:]

I had been thinking it meant she would start replying at some point and continue to do so through the 12th of August [is that better?] – but it's beginning to look like you were right all along and she will only be posting on the day of August 12 [sorry, it still looks better to me that way :classic_smile:]

We won't go in to driving on the wrong side of the road and spelling lots of our words wrong :classic_blink::classic_biggrin::classic_ohmy: (We love our US cousins really and hope the feeling is mutual) ;-)

Have to say, I read it that she would be on line on the 12th so let's see what happens. My guess is that she will let her arm of PR people look at all of the questions and she will reply, taking care with what she says. This isn't meant to be negative, but if I was her that is exactly what I would be doing ! Too late to take back words on line when they are there for all to see. Best to post when you have taken all legal advice and PR advice etc etc etc …. fools rush in where angels fear to tread …..

On 8/9/2019 at 10:31 AM, Pentlands said:

Though likely to be first reply 12th and nothing further

I though “through August 12” meant “until August 12”....... meaning that it was finished by COB August 11....  says she writing ✍️ on August 12 and no replies seen to any question yet... 🤷‍♀️

Edited by little britain