Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

1 hour ago, LXA350 said:

The dry dock is in Singapore for Ovation, only other place the dry dock could happen would be on the West Coast, they had dry docks of Radiance there but no clue if a Quantum Class ship would fit. Anyway it's more then one year away and the virus will likely be under control by end of april. Nevertheless as it seems currently Singapore is handling it the most efficient by now, hence I do not see any reason that the cruise from Singapore should not happen especially so far out.

In the last few days things seem to have been sorted out for this B2B. Our Singapore to Tokyo cruise has been shortened by one day and is arriving in Tokyo May 7th now instead of the 8th.  Unfortunately, we are losing two ports.  But it is still a good itinerary.  The TP from Tokyo to Seattle is now leaving May 7th and is gaining a port in Japan.  Losing Skagway in Alaska as the ship cannot be cleared by the Coast Guard or whoever needs to clear it after arriving in the US from Asia.  Instead, we are overnighting in Settle when we arrive there. So for those of us who were planning to get a hotel room and seeing some more of the area, that is a plus.   Not so good for those  who live in the area.  Overall, we are adding a day to the Trans-Pacific.

The final result is that the start and end date of the two cruises combined are the same.  We have been able to retain our same cabin for both cruises.  Some itinerary changes.  $200 OBC given to us for each cruise.  We are still planning to go on this cruise even though there have been some hiccups with the process. Some have cancelled.   Hopefully all will be sorted out by April 2021!

Adventure does return to Galveston after the European season. Time will tell if the 'Amplification will go through as planned. 

Explorer is in Galveston while she over in Europe. 

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2021_2022/AD.pdf

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2021_2022/EX.pdf

4 hours ago, MADflyer said:

The Quantum of the Seas new Alaska sailings have been posted and are available. Just as it appeared a few months ago, she will sail on Mondays from Seattle. 

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2021_2022/20072258_QN_Alaska.pdf

The Quantum TA from Tokyo to Seattle, presumably departing on Apr 25, 2021, is still missing. Do you have any guesses as to why? My wife and I are booked on the May 8, 2021 Ovation TA from Tokyo. But if the itinerary is the same for both ships I’m hoping to get a junior suite at more reasonable prices than currently available on the Ovation. 

47 minutes ago, Vancouver Grinder said:

The Quantum TA from Tokyo to Seattle, presumably departing on Apr 25, 2021, is still missing. Do you have any guesses as to why? My wife and I are booked on the May 8, 2021 Ovation TA from Tokyo. But if the itinerary is the same for both ships I’m hoping to get a junior suite at more reasonable prices than currently available on the Ovation. 

Sorry, no clues as to why. 

I know that several were able to book that cruise from a box store travel agency. I checked out the cruise there, but was not interested in booking, but recall the fares were great. 

Hopefully that will appear again soon. 

17 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

Sorry, no clues as to why. 

I know that several were able to book that cruise from a box store travel agency. I checked out the cruise there, but was not interested in booking, but recall the fares were great. 

Hopefully that will appear again soon. 

I noticed the low prices but waited until my wife came home from work to get her approval. When I went to book a few hours later it was gone. ☹️  If it comes up again I’ll move more quickly!  Or, perhaps prices will adjust on the Ovation TA as the price difference between the two TA’s is arbitraged. 

56 minutes ago, Vancouver Grinder said:

I noticed the low prices but waited until my wife came home from work to get her approval. When I went to book a few hours later it was gone. ☹️  If it comes up again I’ll move more quickly!  Or, perhaps prices will adjust on the Ovation TA as the price difference between the two TA’s is arbitraged. 

Pricing may actually be a part of the delay. Analysts project that the full recovery from this situation may take over 8 years. We may return to times where price drops become commonplace on certain sailings, especially longer itineraries. 

17 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

Pricing may actually be a part of the delay. Analysts project that the full recovery from this situation may take over 8 years. We may return to times where price drops become commonplace on certain sailings, especially longer itineraries. 

As a shareholder, I sure hope it doesn’t take that long. 

26 minutes ago, Vancouver Grinder said:

As a shareholder, I sure hope it doesn’t take that long. 

Well as a shareholder, you will not have a dividend for quite a while, but you will save substantial amounts on cruise fares and incentives to get the onboard revenue numbers up. Loyal return passengers will become even more important to the company. 

Royal is well positioned in 2021 with short sailings that will be much easier for them to recover than the longer sailings. 

• Like 1

Releases last week nobody even cared or replied on here, many currently have different priorities then 2 weeks ago. Pretty quite on here now...  Change one(Adventure) of many to come, not even available on Royal Site yet. Over the Decades have seen many, due to Wars or Economy...

Edited by ONECRUISER

21 hours ago, Vancouver Grinder said:

We were booked on the April 25 TP. When I went to make the deposit a couple of days  later the cruise had reverted to a 5-ngiht RT Singapore. We're booked on the April 15 Japan Explorer and, if this one comes out with decent pricing, we'll switch our Ovation sailings (SIN-TYO-SEA) over. Our Ovations sailings are dirt cheap (we booked the day they were released), but RCI have gutted the itineraries and repeated the ports, so they aren't as interesting to me.

3 minutes ago, shipfriend_max said:

Which ships are still missing for the summer period right now? Only Voyager otS, I think? All the other ships seem to be deployed, so there's hardly any chance to have an additional ship from Soutahmtpon in 2021... 

Yes, only Voyager and Spectrum are not deployed for the summer season of 2021 at the moment.