Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

On 2/25/2020 at 4:40 AM, Cruisertoday said:

The transpacific for Quantum departing from Tokyo on 4/25/2021 is now available to book.

We booked it to hedge our bets (we're currently booked on Ovation but the itinerary has been decimated). When I went back three hours later to change our cabin, it was showing CLS (closed) in every category. The 10 nighter before it, which we have also booked as a B2B, is still showing open for booking.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, springaussie said:

Serenade has appeared in Sydney Ports 16, 23 and 30 November 2021.

Probably a Singapore Dry Dock after Alaska like Radiance. 

Work 2 weekly music charters out of Sydney then head to Melbourne?  

Agreed.  I do think the Celebrity bookings in Melbourne are for Serenade.  Hopefully she does some cruises to South Australia from Melbourne or a short season in Adelaide (ie not cruising to NZ for the entire season). 

I believe a second Q-class ship will replace Serenade in Sydney.   Quantum seems most likely,  but it could be the one that sailed into Sydney last night, depending on Covid-19 and Wonder.  I don't believe that Sydney would be reduced to only two home-ported ships. 

On a related topic...  Any further thoughts on the identity of the Unnamed Vessel?      

I just received an email from royal cancelling my 11 Jan 2021 cruise. 

Please be advised that Quantum of the Seas Voyages sailing from 11 January to 19 January 2021 have been cancelled. The full details are included in the attached communication.

To ensure that we are able to make the necessary amendments in a timely fashion and to ensure that you will be eligible for compensation, we would greatly appreciate it if you could advise us of your decision by 10 March 2020.

We look forward to working with you to ensure that the impact due to this change is as minimal as possible and we hope that we will be able to welcome you onboard.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, MichellePerth said:

I just received an email from royal cancelling my 11 Jan 2021 cruise. 

Please be advised that Quantum of the Seas Voyages sailing from 11 January to 19 January 2021 have been cancelled. The full details are included in the attached communication.

To ensure that we are able to make the necessary amendments in a timely fashion and to ensure that you will be eligible for compensation, we would greatly appreciate it if you could advise us of your decision by 10 March 2020.

We look forward to working with you to ensure that the impact due to this change is as minimal as possible and we hope that we will be able to welcome you onboard.

Thanks Michelle

I wonder if my October Quantum cruise is running. 

4 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

Agreed.  I do think the Celebrity bookings in Melbourne are for Serenade.  Hopefully she does some cruises to South Australia from Melbourne or a short season in Adelaide (ie not cruising to NZ for the entire season). 

I believe a second Q-class ship will replace Serenade in Sydney.   Quantum seems most likely,  but it could be the one that sailed into Sydney last night, depending on Covid-19 and Wonder.  I don't believe that Sydney would be reduced to only two home-ported ships. 

On a related topic...  Any further thoughts on the identity of the Unnamed Vessel?      

The Corona Virus will play a major part in the Oz deployment.

I think one of the ships is Adventure Of The Seas. Plus Quantum. 

19 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Thanks Michelle

I wonder if my October Quantum cruise is running. 

They are giving 100 obc (200 suites) to shift booking.  They also have airline compo of up to 400 for flight changes, but they require proof FAXED to an email address. 🤔

This cruise was the last of a b4b.  I'll post if and when more come through. 

50 minutes ago, MichellePerth said:

They are giving 100 obc (200 suites) to shift booking.  They also have airline compo of up to 400 for flight changes, but they require proof FAXED to an email address. 🤔

This cruise was the last of a b4b.  I'll post if and when more come through. 

Michelle so the other cruises in your b2bs are running? 

If they are cancelling Asia for the foreseeable future, up until (and perhaps longer) next Spring, there is no way the Wonder of the Seas will be going there

I would not be surprised if they just tell the builders not to rush, or even stop building 

This would in turn push Icon back

• Like 1

2 hours ago, compman9 said:

I would not be surprised if they just tell the builders not to rush, or even stop building 

I doubt the build of Wonder can be stopped/delayed and Icon is being built by a different company. Itineraries for Wonder may get pushed back.

Edited by Biker19

3 hours ago, compman9 said:

If they are cancelling Asia for the foreseeable future, up until (and perhaps longer) next Spring, there is no way the Wonder of the Seas will be going there

Do you really think it's that easy? They tons of orders, and where will they put Wonder in the meantime, because obviously they need that space for the next one. 

10 hours ago, MichellePerth said:

To ensure that we are able to make the necessary amendments in a timely fashion and to ensure that you will be eligible for compensation, we would greatly appreciate it if you could advise us of your decision by 10 March 2020

This is the wording used every time that Royal has chartered the ship and they cancel a booked cruise for me.  Typical compensation has been $200 USD in OBC for the new booking I transfer my deposit to when my original booking was a balcony or JS cabin.   

Edited by twangster

5 hours ago, compman9 said:

That would never happen.  The ship is being built and has progressed quite nicely.  It's consuming dry dock space in a shipyard.  Her engines are installed and many of the blocks that make her foundation are installed.  

You can follow Wonder's build progress here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2407590-wonder-of-the-seas-blocks-are-in-the-house/

At the moment the ship belongs to the shipyard being built under contact for Royal.  The shipyard isn't going to be left holding the bag if Royal doesn't need Wonder on the original schedule.  They need the dry dock space for the next ship they have contracted with someone else to build.

Royal will be required to accept the ship once it's complete.  If for any reason Asia was no longer an appropriate destination for Wonder they would simply move her to Florida initially and make a grand celebration out of OA #5.  

The deployment schedule has been added again and just shows  Short Caribbean week of 9th of March. 

All other deployment now just states 'coming soon' 

They also have the summary guide of ships that have been deployed now. 

1 hour ago, MADflyer said:

The deployment schedule has been added again and just shows  Short Caribbean week of 9th of March. 

All other deployment now just states 'coming soon' 

They also have the summary guide of ships that have been deployed now. 

Interesting, I wonder how long they will push it back for

1 hour ago, direptor said:

It seems Quantum is leaving Singapore in March 2021 for Tokyo and there are currently 2 10 night sailings round trip from Tokyo. No cruises after that for now.

The prices on those two cruises are outstanding.  Especially when compared to what Celebrity offers on Millennium.

after those two Japan cruises, Quantum is doing a TP to Seattle.  After that, nothing is published.

56 minutes ago, eel said:

The prices on those two cruises are outstanding.  Especially when compared to what Celebrity offers on Millennium.

after those two Japan cruises, Quantum is doing a TP to Seattle.  After that, nothing is published.

Well...maybe it is. That particular cruise to Seattle no longer seems to be listed. :classic_huh:

1 hour ago, direptor said:

It seems Quantum is leaving Singapore in March 2021 for Tokyo and there are currently 2 10 night sailings round trip from Tokyo. No cruises after that for now.

Thanks for sharing. 

The fact that Royal has put these two Japan cruises on sale supports the theory of a 2021 Alaska season for Quantum.  Not returning to China in 2021.  Not surprising at all.