CPAP Machine-need water and extension cord.

Ethel5

I'm an experienced cruiser but new to Carnival. I need to order the water and extension for the CPAP machine and I can't find where to do that on Carnival's web site. I did a search here but it's so clunky, I didn't get what I was looking for. How do I go about ordering these things? Thanks!

The water on board from the tap is usable for the length of time you're cruising.  Myself and my wife both have CPAP machines and have never had a problem.  Here is a link for an inexpensive cord from Lowes.  It's 15 ft long, comes in brown or white and is about 4 bucks including tax.  https://www.lowes.com/pd/Project-Source-15-ft-16-AWG-2-SPT-2-13-Amps-General-Extension-Cord/3135033

• Thanks 1

Every single person who uses tap water in a CPAP WILL DIEThis is a 100% fact.

That being said, I have used tap water in my cpap for ten years, and I have thus far avoided the Reaper, the CPAP Police, and any illness.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Don Kehote said:

Every single person who now is alive  WILL DIEThis is a 100% fact.

I think we can all agree on that issue.  It's just a matter of time.   Ask your cabin steward and they will help you with any of your  CPAP needs.  

3 hours ago, CruizinKittie40 said:

I would never, ever use tap water.  People have died from using tap water in a Neti pot.  I called and customer service told me it's $3 for a gallon of distilled water.   Quite a markup but better than nothing. 

The ships tap water is well treated and is just fine for a CPAP. I've used tap water many times both on board and at home. Unless they are using polluted water it's not going to kill anyone with short term use. 

Bring your own extension cord¡!  They only have a limited number and it's first come first served! By the time hubby realized he forgot his it was to late and they were gone. Luckily he could buy one at our next port the following day and it doesn't leave his cpap case.  He also uses the ships tap water, it is filtered better than our water at home.

Edited by hockeyluver

For the OP: Contact special needs. I would recommend bringing a cord. I always have one in my CPAP bag when I travel. That will usually get it through security without a glance.

In terms of water, unlike other lines, Carnival sells it for I guess now $4.00 a gallon. You can call room service to have it delivered.

14 minutes ago, iceleven said:

Is the outlet useful for two c-paps and near the head of the bed (not having to run an extension across the floor)?

It depends on which ship.  Most ships have ONE outlet.  We always travel with 2 cpaps, at least 1 power strip, and at least one extension cord.