How are Beach Beds on Chill Island?

JoeFan

Just now, island lady said:

Didn't see those at Chill Island, not sure where they might be.  We had a Cabana.  

It's a recent change while South Beach is closed.

That's why I am asking. They moved them there temporarily.

2 minutes ago, JoeFan said:

It's a recent change while South Beach is closed.

That's why I am asking. They moved them there temporarily.

Ahhh...Ok.  The last time I was there was in June.  South Beach was not yet under construction for the new "over the water" construction.  

There were only Cabanas at that time.  

Ah, the elusive Beach Beds. I last saw them advertised right before I booked my cruise back in March, and now they've vanished entirely. Not sure if they're sold out, they've been removed while South Beach gets its update, or what, but I eventually gave up and got a cabana. This is the only information I could find about them and it's dated as f, and once you hit "Ready to reserve?" and enter your info it disappears. 

I've only been around on CC for a few months, but if there's anything I've learned from my time here it's that RCI is whacky. Have you tried calling their planning helpline?

EDIT From what I understand they were advertised as South Beach but had been moved to Chill Island while SB was being updated right before I stopped seeing info for them entirely.

Edited by booplesnoople
text add

We had a beach bed in its new location. The attendant was great. It was close to a food station. Bar service was plentiful and fast. The bathrooms are clean. The tram stop is nearby. The beach was beautiful. The only issue with the new location was hearing the loud music from the pool. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, C_hasRedBottoms said:

We had a beach bed in its new location. The attendant was great. It was close to a food station. Bar service was plentiful and fast. The bathrooms are clean. The tram stop is nearby. The beach was beautiful. The only issue with the new location was hearing the loud music from the pool. 

Thanks for the quick review.

Do the attendants take care of the beach beds as well? What can they do for you?

How was the view? Do they face the beach? I know on South Beach there were two rows and the front row was close to the water.

The statement about the loud music tells me it a short walk to the pool?

On 8/1/2019 at 6:30 PM, JoeFan said:

Thanks for the quick review.

Do the attendants take care of the beach beds as well? What can they do for you?

My pleasure with the mini review.😀

The attendant made sure we had plenty of ice. She was very informative on where things were located. She also kept her eyes on things by removing people who hadn’t paid for the beds. 

3 hours ago, Ron Don said:

Where exactly are they?  I can't see anywhere to buy one or even where they are.

They will show up in your Cruise Planner on Royal's website at some point before your cruise.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just booked a beach bed. It was 199. with 2 floating mats. I had never seen it until today on the cruise planner. Had to call to reserve as the website is not set up to take reservations for them. Will let you guys know more when we return from the trip... Only 3 more days of work before vacation !!!!

On 8/1/2019 at 2:05 PM, C_hasRedBottoms said:

We have a beach bed reserved for our Feb 2020 visit to Coco Cay.  Looking forward to seeing the updates and renovations.  Curious to know as we've seen/heard different things...we booked the beach bed online a couple weeks ago, but how/when do we find out the specific bed assignment or do we get to choose?  Do we check in with the excursion desk once we get on-board?  Should we call RCCL "now" to get the assignment?  Do we wait until we arrive @ Coco Cay (surprise)?  How did you find out your assignment/bed location?

4 hours ago, SuzD123 said:

We have a beach bed reserved for our Feb 2020 visit to Coco Cay.  Looking forward to seeing the updates and renovations.  Curious to know as we've seen/heard different things...we booked the beach bed online a couple weeks ago, but how/when do we find out the specific bed assignment or do we get to choose?  Do we check in with the excursion desk once we get on-board?  Should we call RCCL "now" to get the assignment?  Do we wait until we arrive @ Coco Cay (surprise)?  How did you find out your assignment/bed location?

SURPRISE!!! You guessed it! 😂😂😂😂 The ticket for the bed will be in your stateroom. The tram will drop you off at the beds. There’s a concierge and you will be given your wristbands and told to pick your bed. Your towels, waters, 2 lounge chairs and mats are there as well. 

44 minutes ago, C_hasRedBottoms said:

SURPRISE!!! You guessed it! 😂😂😂😂 The ticket for the bed will be in your stateroom. The tram will drop you off at the beds. There’s a concierge and you will be given your wristbands and told to pick your bed. Your towels, waters, 2 lounge chairs and mats are there as well. 

Thank you.  🙂  We do love surprises.  So you said "told to pick your bed"?  You mean they aren't pre-assigned?  Hummm.  Intriguing.  It all sounds wonderful.  We are so ready for this vacation.  Too bad we have to wait until Feb.

Edited by SuzD123

2 hours ago, SuzD123 said:

Thank you.  🙂  We do love surprises.  So you said "told to pick your bed"?  You mean they aren't pre-assigned?  Hummm.  Intriguing.  It all sounds wonderful.  We are so ready for this vacation.  Too bad we have to wait until Feb.

We didn’t arrive super early, the beds weren’t sold out and we were able to get a very good spot with plenty of options. We are going back in February 2020 too! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mmn531 said:

I just booked a beach bed. It was 199. with 2 floating mats. I had never seen it until today on the cruise planner. Had to call to reserve as the website is not set up to take reservations for them. Will let you guys know more when we return from the trip... Only 3 more days of work before vacation !!!!

Website seems to be allowing reservations for our sailing, but I almost accidentally booked three beds! I gagged and fixed it when I saw the price in my cart. 😂

12 hours ago, booplesnoople said:

Website seems to be allowing reservations for our sailing, but I almost accidentally booked three beds! I gagged and fixed it when I saw the price in my cart. 😂

Too funny. I am sure that not being able to book online is in line with the always up and fully functional RCI website 😉

Have a great time on the cruise!