Buying bottles of alcohol on board.

fred549

While they keep them for you until the end of the cruise, they do usually have some pretty good sales.
We always get a couple of bottles of Crown when they have them 2 for $40 (the 750ml size).

Just now, Butterbean1000 said:

I don't think the strictly in the room thing is enforced. 

There is no stated policy that Fun Shop liquor can only be consumed in the cabin.  That is only a person's opinion regarding how he thinks you should treat Fun Shop booze that has been delivered to your cabin. 

11 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

There is no stated policy that Fun Shop liquor can only be consumed in the cabin.  That is only a person's opinion regarding how he thinks you should treat Fun Shop booze that has been delivered to your cabin. 

Alcohol pre-purchased through The Fun Shops, for onboard consumption, is designed for in-stateroom entertainment only. Guests cannot take liquor bottles to public areas. Only wine or champagne that is ordered through The Fun Shops can be served in the dining room or Steakhouse. If the item is not consumed on board during the cruise, the guest may take it home provided the bottle has not been opened.  

https://www.carnival.com/help

Edited by BallFour4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BallFour4 said:

Alcohol pre-purchased through The Fun Shops, for onboard consumption, is designed for in-stateroom entertainment only. Guests cannot take liquor bottles to public areas. Only wine or champagne that is ordered through The Fun Shops can be served in the dining room or Steakhouse. If the item is not consumed on board during the cruise, the guest may take it home provided the bottle has not been opened.  

https://www.carnival.com/help

Ha! I can't imagine taking a bottle around the ship and drinking from it.  But, you never know, you see all kind of things cruising. 

• Like 1

I especially like the irony of suggestions to put your booze in a Yeti cup in your cabin, then carry it around. 

On one hand the cup is used to signal "Look at me! I can afford an overpriced, impractical cup", but it is used to ferry booze from the cabin to poolside to avoid high priced drinks there....

Oh sure, people will rationalize their decision (they don't have MY booze, I don't want to walk to a bar, etc, etc), but I find the whole "Yeti cup thing" comical, curious, and strange...

9 minutes ago, LostPuppy said:

I especially like the irony of suggestions to put your booze in a Yeti cup in your cabin, then carry it around. 

On one hand the cup is used to signal "Look at me! I can afford an overpriced, impractical cup", but it is used to ferry booze from the cabin to poolside to avoid high priced drinks there....

Oh sure, people will rationalize their decision (they don't have MY booze, I don't want to walk to a bar, etc, etc), but I find the whole "Yeti cup thing" comical, curious, and strange...

My Yeti cup says that I like my drinks to stay cold while in the hot sun.  I purchase the Cheers package and also bring my Yeti.  I usually order my Fun Ship...wait 5 mins and get a shot of rum.  Pour it all in enjoy and repeat.  I'm excited to know that walking around with it in hand can bring so many emotions to so many opinionated people!

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, LostPuppy said:

Oh good grief.  I actually have an RTIC cup from Wal-Mart at a fraction of the price.  It is the exact same thing as a Yeti. I referred to it as Yeti because not many people would recognize RTIC.  I take this to the pool to keep my drink frozen.  I buy a bon voyage bottle to make my own drinks I like to save  money.  What is your issue?

Edited by Butterbean1000

Yeti  and  similar   cups  are   great   to  have  . Like  the  previous poster  stated  they  are  great  for  keeping  your  drink  cold. they  are  good  for  making  less  stops   at  the  drink  line . My  ten  year  old  even  brings  one  . The  past  few  cruises  I  have  been  on  the  room  stewards  havent  been  replenishing the  ice  on  multiple  days  and  the  in  room  refrigerators  haven't  worked  that  well . Its  nice  to  have  a  clod  option  without  having  to  run  to  the  bars  . Now  if  I  want  an  alcohol  drink  I  dont  mind  a  trip  to  the  bar  but   yeti  and  similar  cups   just  make  it  easier.

7 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

Oh good grief.  I actually have an RTIC cup from Wal-Mart at a fraction of the price.  It is the exact same thing as a Yeti. I referred to it as Yeti because not many people would recognize RTIC.  I take this to the pool to keep my drink frozen.  I buy a bon voyage bottle to make my own drinks I like to save  money.  What is your issue?

From the nitpick department here in Houston, the home of RTIC, they don't have a contract with Walmart. You bought yours (and saved a ton of $$$) somewhere else. RTIC cancelled their contract with Bucee's too.
See ya at sea.

40 minutes ago, BallFour4 said:

From the nitpick department here in Houston, the home of RTIC, they don't have a contract with Walmart. You bought yours (and saved a ton of $$$) somewhere else. RTIC cancelled their contract with Bucee's too.
See ya at sea.

Hubs bought about a doz of them a few years ago and gave them as Christmas gifts.  I thought he told me he got them off the Wally World web site.  No matter, you're right, we saved a pant load of money. Happy sailing!

Edited by Butterbean1000

57 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

Hubs bought about a doz of them a few years ago and gave them as Christmas gifts.  I thought he told me he got them off the Wally World web site.  No matter, you're right, we saved a pant load of money. Happy sailing!

Walmart has a similar cup under their Ozark brand. They’re all basically the same, stainless insulated cups. I have quite a bit of Yeti stuff, coolers and cups. I haven’t spent another dime with them after they entered politics a few years ago. I’m not dumb enough to throw away what I’ve already bought, but since Rtic came out a week after Yeti with an opposite stance (pro outdoorsman) my recent buys have been Rtic. 

As for why, I’ll typically have a full cup of coffee at home before I head to work. Then I’ll prepare a second cup in the Yeti. I get to work at 6am. I’ll sip on the second cup all morning and it will still be warm at 9am as I’m finishing the last sip. It also works in reverse on a cruise ship where I load it with ice and can sip a drink for a while without it getting watered down. 

• Like 1

I'll add to the "annoying people with their cups they carry around" conversation.....lmao!

I like the SWIG brand because my hand is small and they make one that I love because it's skinny and keeps my drink cold all day with the same ice.

20 hours ago, wardamnweagle said:

Walmart has a similar cup under their Ozark brand. They’re all basically the same, stainless insulated cups. I have quite a bit of Yeti stuff, coolers and cups. I haven’t spent another dime with them after they entered politics a few years ago. I’m not dumb enough to throw away what I’ve already bought, but since Rtic came out a week after Yeti with an opposite stance (pro outdoorsman) my recent buys have been Rtic. 

As for why, I’ll typically have a full cup of coffee at home before I head to work. Then I’ll prepare a second cup in the Yeti. I get to work at 6am. I’ll sip on the second cup all morning and it will still be warm at 9am as I’m finishing the last sip. It also works in reverse on a cruise ship where I load it with ice and can sip a drink for a while without it getting watered down. 

No attempt to change your mind, we have both brands of mugs and coolers, but Yeti made a blanket announcement to stop in their words "to eliminate the outdated discounts that had expanded to a unimaginable list." The one group that you and I might/might not belong too called off the dogs on Yeti.
 RTIC business was launched at the hands of Buc ees and then they yanked their contract from them. Their online and retail store business has grown to a monster level.
 Whatever you mug choice, fill it up with something, join me on the lido aft area in the shade and let's sit and relax on the next cruise. The shade is my only option, this week involved derm surgery that got ugly from all those days fishing Galveston Bay.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BallFour4 said:

No attempt to change your mind, we have both brands of mugs and coolers, but Yeti made a blanket announcement to stop in their words "to eliminate the outdated discounts that had expanded to a unimaginable list." The one group that you and I might/might not belong too called off the dogs on Yeti.
 RTIC business was launched at the hands of Buc ees and then they yanked their contract from them. Their online and retail store business has grown to a monster level.
 Whatever you mug choice, fill it up with something, join me on the lido aft area in the shade and let's sit and relax on the next cruise. The shade is my only option, this week involved derm surgery that got ugly from all those days fishing Galveston Bay.

Yeah, I read the press release. As I said, I have no plans to blow up my cooler, but consumers make choices based on a variety of info. I’m more likely to spend money with a company who supports my interests than one who doesn’t. So if I paid a bit more for something, knowing of their support, I’m fine with that. I’d honestly rather all businesses stayed out of politics. 

Trade you a few days fishing off TX for a few days chasing white tails in AL, plenty of full mugs for all!