Royal Up and connecting rooms

KimA75

I don't want to assume anything.  We have connecting rooms for my husband and I along with our two kids on our upcoming cruise.  If we were to bid in the royal up process, is there any way to request that the upgrades remain as connecting rooms (we would bid for four people total, so two cabins upgraded)?  Or, is it a roll of the dice with the chance of separated rooms and/or one upgraded but not the other?

I did a Royal Up for 2 cabins on our upcoming Navigator sailing. Rooms were not next to each other. Both bids were accepted. I found 2 cabins in the same category that were next to each other (but not connecting). I called and was able to have our Royal Up cabins changed to the rooms next to each other.  But I can't assure you that you would have the same luck.  

37 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

I called and was able to have our Royal Up cabins changed to the rooms next to each other.  

Good to know that RCI is ignoring their own policy on Royal Up cabin moves after assignment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Good to know that RCI is ignoring their own policy on Royal Up cabin moves after assignment.

I agree, I was lucky. It could have been due to the fact that we upgraded to Owner Suites and there were several still available after my bids were accepted. 

3 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

I agree, I was lucky. It could have been due to the fact that we upgraded to Owner Suites and there were several still available after my bids were accepted. 

I think the majority of the time when the bids are accepted there are no more cabins available  Good to know that if there are you can change

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

How does the Royal Up work?  Where and how do you place a bid?  Do you bid on a certain cabin or the category?  I guess I am asking, for example, if you are staying in say a Grand Loft and want the Owners Loft or Royal Loft how would you go about biding on that?  Thanks

1 minute ago, lovescats5 said:

How does the Royal Up work?  Where and how do you place a bid?  Do you bid on a certain cabin or the category?  I guess I am asking, for example, if you are staying in say a Grand Loft and want the Owners Loft or Royal Loft how would you go about biding on that?  Thanks

You will get an e mail inviting you to bid.  They will let you know what categories you can bid on and the minimum bid for each category. 

1 hour ago, lovescats5 said:

So you cannot just try to upgrade, you have to hope they think you might want a better room?  Kinda makes it a little harder to get an upgraded suite.  Thanks for the speedy reply.

Sure you can call but you will pay the price that Royal is advertising on its website.

13 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

So you cannot just try to upgrade, you have to hope they think you might want a better room?  Kinda makes it a little harder to get an upgraded suite.  Thanks for the speedy reply.

I know.  I have asked and asked (website and phone calls) to receive emails from them, but I still don't.  My in-laws, that are also on this cruise, received the email.  I was hoping that if the request to remain connecting could be done, that I could piggyback off of their email since we are a group with three rooms.  I'm not sure how to resolve the email issue so that I can personally receive the emails when we are not booked with relatives. 

Well here’s what happened to me. I originally booked an interior cabin and then I got the offers to bid for an upgrade. So I checked and It turns out I could upgrade myself to a balcony cabin for less than what the royal up wanted so I did that.

• Like 1