Photo Package Pricing?

mattR

Do they still do a boarding photo for the group?  The last time we cruised, they had people line-up and block the backdrop so they didn't do it.

Also, the last time we actually bought photos, was back in the day when they were all printed and hung on the walls.  We would pick what we wanted and bring them to the cashier.  How do you do it now?  I assume it's through the kiosks, but how/when do you get the photos?

19 minutes ago, MaskedTurtle said:

Do they still do a boarding photo for the group?  The last time we cruised, they had people line-up and block the backdrop so they didn't do it.

Also, the last time we actually bought photos, was back in the day when they were all printed and hung on the walls.  We would pick what we wanted and bring them to the cashier.  How do you do it now?  I assume it's through the kiosks, but how/when do you get the photos?

If you purchase the digital package you are given a link to download them.

On my cruise planner, the only offer is a digital photo package for $119(25% off onboard prices).  How many photos is this for? When I looked at a photo someone else posted in this thread, a 10 photo package costs $149...25% off would be $112.  It is the closest, so would the package be for 10 photos?  If I click "add to cart"  would I be given an option for a higher photo package, or is this particular package and whatever it includes automatically added?

3 hours ago, MaskedTurtle said:

On my cruise planner, the only offer is a digital photo package for $119(25% off onboard prices).  How many photos is this for? When I looked at a photo someone else posted in this thread, a 10 photo package costs $149...25% off would be $112.  It is the closest, so would the package be for 10 photos?  If I click "add to cart"  would I be given an option for a higher photo package, or is this particular package and whatever it includes automatically added?

Hi!  For my sailing, they only list one digital package, and it is “all digital”.  With that package, you get a digital copy of all photos that include people from your stateroom.

Edited by vacationlover_mn

3 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Hi!  For my sailing, they only list one digital package, and it is “all digital”.  With that package, you get a digital copy of all photos that include people from your stateroom.

So, it's unlimited then?  Is there anywhere that says that?  When I click on the package to see a description it doesn't specify.

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

You can buy any picture on board (with you in it) and then you should get a link to download that after the cruise - this may vary by ship.

If you want a printed photo, how quick do they print them?  And do they bring them to the room or do you pick them up?

23 hours ago, MaskedTurtle said:

So, it's unlimited then?  Is there anywhere that says that?  When I click on the package to see a description it doesn't specify.

I don't know what wording is in your planner but mine says Photo Package: All Digital.  If it doesn't specify an amount of photos (ie 10 for $149) then it's unlimited. 

Just now, MaskedTurtle said:

I wanted to know if you get the prints right away, or if you pick them up, or if they're sent to you.

Never heard of prints being sent.  Our experience has been that it takes a day to make a print.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mr. Candyman said:

No and I don't believe they take any photos on the last night because there's not enough time to process them.  

True.  As long as they take some that day.  It's a 4nt cruise for us, so there really aren't too many oportunities to take official photos.

Just now, MaskedTurtle said:

I wanted to know if you get the prints right away, or if you pick them up, or if they're sent to you.

They don't send them to you and you'd have to pick them up during the hours the photo place is open. I can't see it taking that long to print them out but I know it isn't right away because they tell you to come back. They told us to come back in a couple of hours 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mr. Candyman said:

I don't know what wording is in your planner but mine says Photo Package: All Digital.  If it doesn't specify an amount of photos (ie 10 for $149) then it's unlimited. 

That's what it said in mine too.  I didn't see anything that specified it, so I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything in the fine print.

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Never heard of prints being sent.  Our experience has been that it takes a day to make a print.

It's been a few years since we last cruised (dad passed away, so we lost our zest for a bit), and on our last few cruises we didn't buy any photos.  We bought them when I was a kid since cruising was new to us then.  I wasn't sure how they did things now.

1 minute ago, MaskedTurtle said:

It's been a few years since we last cruised (dad passed away, so we lost our zest for a bit), and on our last few cruises we didn't buy any photos.  We bought them when I was a kid since cruising was new to us then.  I wasn't sure how they did things now.

During our last sailing the photo people told us they are going to start not printing photos unless requested.  Based on what I've been seeing in cruise planner, they may stop offering a printed package option.  If you can capitalize on an all inclusive package at a fair price, based on them selling individuals for $19.99 each, that would be the way to go. 

• Like 1

On 12/20/2019 at 11:06 AM, MaskedTurtle said:

Are they open on disembarkation day?  If we took pix on the last night, would they be done in time?

16 hours ago, Mr. Candyman said:

No and I don't believe they take any photos on the last night because there's not enough time to process them.  

In my experience you can't get any photos taken by the ship's photographers on the last full day, not just the last night of the cruise. During my last several cruises, I've bought the all-digital package and there are no photo opportunities on the last full day of the cruise.

That might have made sense when they actually processed prints, but not any more. They can (and do) have photos uploaded to their system to be previewed in the Focus Photo Gallery within a couple of hours, and with the emailed download link taking up to a week post-cruise to arrive, they can easily take photos on the last day.

With the purchase of the all-digital package for my recent Anthem cruise, they were offering prints at $5 each but only in the 8x10" size.

• Like 1

We did the all digital package on our 12 day on anthem last week.  It was $120 on black friday.  We ended up with a little over 210 pictures.  You can take as many as you want.  the only think I hated, you can download them all when you are onboard but you have to do it one picture at a time.  Took forever.  I am still waiting for the link to download them at home.