Photo Package Pricing?

mattR

The RCL sends you to a 3rd party site (Image Photo Services, Inc. in Miami) for photo pkg pricing, since the photos aren't actually sold by RCL.  I haven't seen end-of-cruise sales on photos on RCL for a few years.   (On Holland recently, there was a small discount on the last night of the cruise (3 of the $19.95, 8 X 10 photos for the price of 2). 

On Explorer last week, the prices were astronomical.

As Diamond members, we were entitled to one free print each. Equally, as Diamond members, we already have all the onboard photos we want. DD and her family were with us, on their first cruise, so we thought we'd gift them photos of them on their first cruise.

"Oh no, you can't" said the Photoshop. "You have to appear in the photos to claim your free print".

- which, frankly, seemed like 'rules for rules sake' to me.

We found a workaround though. They went and had some pics done, and when the photographer asked for their stateroom number, they gave ours.

Next day, at the automated booth, there, against my seapass, were some lovely photos of them. Clicked on the best two, clicked "apply voucher" and we got them next day.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sancho_proudfoot said:

On Explorer last week, the prices were astronomical.

"Oh no, you can't" said the Photoshop. "You have to appear in the photos to claim your free print".

- which, frankly, seemed like 'rules for rules sake' to me.

Those prices ($20 for a print) have been that way for a while and fairly standard across the fleet (one of the few).

The rule about being in the photo has been around a while too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The photo pkg pricing just showed up for my Mediterranean cruise leaving within 40 days.  The unlimited photo pkg was $228.74 and a 15 photo package was around $175.   I went ahead and splurged on the unlimited photo pkg since this is a 9-day bucket list cruise.  I have another Caribbean cruise booked in a few months, and the photo pkgs aren't showing up yet for that one.  The photo packages showed up in the Cruise Planner with the internet packages.

On my last Royal cruise with my kids, I didn't buy a photo package.  I anticipated buying only one posed photo of the family.  The lines to get posed photos (even with multiple photo stations) were so long that we would have missed our assigned dinner time if we waited....I guess the people who bought the photo packages were determined to get their money's worth LOL.

Edited by Truluv

... I guess the people who bought the photo packages were determined to get their money's worth LOL.

We certainly are when we get it. We usually hit a couple of the spots before dinner, and the remainder afterwards. (We have first seating. YMMV on second seating.) We pretty much stop for every photo op we encounter throughout the cruise.

Packages on ours have been $200 for All Digital or All Prints, and $250 for both. Saved a few bucks on sale at $188. Haven't seen it any cheaper this go round. That's on the Sept 29 Freedom sailing.
Correction: Digital + Prints is $280 on this sailing.

Just went to the Cruise Planner, and discovered the "All Prints Pkg" for my 9-night Mediterranean cruise that I bought yesterday for $228.74 is now $243.99.  The 15-print pkg that was $175 is now on sale for $195.19.  The packages are both described as being for prints.  (I won't be surprised if it's for the paper prints, with an upcharge onboard for digital prints.) 

Looks like it's worth checking periodically for sales on these packages, just like excursions and other RCL items.  

On the Adventure this July prices were:

6 Digital or Print for $109.99

10 Digital or Print for $159.99

15 Digital or Print for $209.99

Unlimited Digital for $259.99

We bought the Unlimited Digital in the Cruise Planner prior to the cruise for $199.99

They did offer $25 off the Unlimited package during the cruise.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2019 at 7:11 AM, Sizzlechest said:

Is it cheaper to purchase before the cruise or is it like arcade credit and ends up being the same as on board?

Much cheaper to purchase the photo package prior to sailing. I bought the all inclusive digital package before my 7 day sailing on Freedom of the Seas and paid $199 online. It was $250 onboard. They did have a promo for $25 off the digital package, but that still comes out to more than I paid online. So I definitely saved a bit of money there by doing it early. 🙂

• 3 months later...

We were able to get the all digital package for $119 for our Oasis cruise next June on the Black Friday sale!  I was the only really good deal on that sale.  Still waiting for the drink package to go down.  Fingers crossed!!

On 8/7/2019 at 3:03 PM, johnjen said:

Spotted two teens taking pics of the photos, guy said "I'll have to confiscate your phone" he grabbed the phone from one of the teens, deleted the photos he took of the prints.

Not surprising. I think taking a picture of the picture is actually a copyright violation.

On 12/10/2019 at 1:47 PM, bb24 said:

We were able to get the all digital package for $119 for our Oasis cruise next June on the Black Friday sale!  I was the only really good deal on that sale.  Still waiting for the drink package to go down.  Fingers crossed!!

Same. Got a package for my 5 night next month for $120CAD and one for my 7 night in August for $160CAD. Wonder if there will be a Boxing Day (Dec 26) sale

• Thanks 1