Coffee charges on Celebrity

Lexi and shelby

I have a question that no one has been able to answer definitively. Not even Celebrity!

We like frufru coffee meaning coffee with mocha or caramel mixed in and whipped cream on top. We cruise Celebrity. Last cruise we had the premium drink package and we were never charged for the coffee ad-ons.  The cruise coming up we have the Classic drink package. Will we be charged extra for the coffee add-one?

24 minutes ago, Lexi and shelby said:

I have a question that no one has been able to answer definitively. Not even Celebrity!

We like frufru coffee meaning coffee with mocha or caramel mixed in and whipped cream on top. We cruise Celebrity. Last cruise we had the premium drink package and we were never charged for the coffee ad-ons.  The cruise coming up we have the Classic drink package. Will we be charged extra for the coffee add-one?

According to the Celebrity website, the Classic Package includes

NON-ALCOHOLIC

• Nonpremium bottle water
  • Premium coffees
  • Juices
  • Sodas
  • Premium teas

Classic Package

So this triggers the next question:  Which coffees are considered Premium coffees and which teas are considered Premium teas?

Maybe someone currently onboard will take a look at the Cafe menu and reply.

Edited by fleckle

The good news is two-fold.

With the Classic Package, you will only pay the difference from the maximum cocktail price and the cost of the fancy coffee, if any.  I think the max is $9.00 per drink, but I could be off by a dollar.  If so, and the coffee cost $11.00, you'd pay $2.00 plus tip. Again, my guesses about prices are just that.  Feckle says premium coffees are included, but if you want to add Bailey's, Sambuca, Grand Marnier AND caramel sauce, I assume the price would be higher, and you'd just pay the difference. (And have a weird hangover.😉)

The other good news is that, of you think you'd prefer nicer wines, better top shelf liquor, etc., you can upgrade to Premium package for $12.00 per day.  It's what we do, and we find it worth it.

Happy sailing.

Andrew

Edited by Blazerboy

23 minutes ago, Lexi and shelby said:

Freckle, my question exactly. What is their definition of “premium””

Pretty sure that's anything other than the drip coffee served in the OVC and the (uneven quality) tea bags provided there as well. This us the same regular coffee and tea served in the MDR. Premium coffees are the espresso,  cappuncino, macchiato  etc that are served at Cafe al Bacio or special ordered from servers in the other restaurants. Al Bacio also have their own teas, much better tasting than the regular coloured water that often passes as tea in the restaurants. 

Here's a link to another thread showing menu and prices (2017): 

Edited by mom says

I have ordered cappuccinos as well as other specialty coffees listed on the dessert menus after dinner in the MDR and specialty restaurants without being charged extra I on the Classic package many times over the years (read that after every meal). I have also enjoyed iced coffee with whipped cream most afternoons at Café al Bacio on the Classic package without charge. Enjoy!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruzzzinma said:

Specialty coffee without alcohol - no

Specialty coffee with alcohol is not covered, I don’t think.

We had the classic beverage package on our Solstice cruise last year and my wife was able to get a coffee with Kahlua and whipped cream and she wasn't charged any extra 

9 hours ago, Blazerboy said:

The good news is two-fold.

With the Classic Package, you will only pay the difference from the maximum cocktail price and the cost of the fancy coffee, if any.  I think the max is $9.00 per drink, but I could be off by a dollar.  If so, and the coffee cost $11.00, you'd pay $2.00 plus tip. Again, my guesses about prices are just that.  Feckle says premium coffees are included, but if you want to add Bailey's, Sambuca, Grand Marnier AND caramel sauce, I assume the price would be higher, and you'd just pay the difference. (And have a weird hangover.😉)

The other good news is that, of you think you'd prefer nicer wines, better top shelf liquor, etc., you can upgrade to Premium package for $12.00 per day.  It's what we do, and we find it worth it.

Happy sailing.

Andrew

Wow!  I'm not a coffee drinker, please tell me that the non-alcoholic fru-fru coffees don't cost anywhere close to $9 per cup.  That's some pretty expensive whipped cream.

3 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Wow!  I'm not a coffee drinker, please tell me that the non-alcoholic fru-fru coffees don't cost anywhere close to $9 per cup.  That's some pretty expensive whipped cream.

That's the problem....I'm not a fou-fou coffee drinker either...I only drink decaf.  I was just guessing about the price of a coffee with an expensive liquor in it.  My view is skewed by the fact that I live in a city where cocktails are often $18-$20 each. (No wonder I think the premium package is a deal!😁)