Exciting Ocean Medallion App News

idahospud

28 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

How soon is your cruise?  I have seen that you can only enter the data within 60 days of sailing.

Our cruise is Nov 3 - and besides the problem with my Galaxy S10 we have the exact same issue of freezing on my husband's Galaxy S8.  I can't imagine that being too far out would cause the app to completely freeze up.  I haven't been able to tell it what cruise I'm on.

It's comforting to know that someone else is having the same problem.

44 minutes ago, sfoak said:

Our cruise is Nov 3 - and besides the problem with my Galaxy S10 we have the exact same issue of freezing on my husband's Galaxy S8.  I can't imagine that being too far out would cause the app to completely freeze up.  I haven't been able to tell it what cruise I'm on.

It's comforting to know that someone else is having the same problem.

Our cruise is November 2.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2019 at 8:21 AM, AskOceanMedallion said:

@pms4104 @lx200gps The update has been made. The android version of the app supports Android devices that have been purchased in the past five years, and use the Android OS 6.0 and above. The latest update address flow that was affecting tablets running Android 8+. Pls try to download the app again and let us know if it's working for you. Thank you again for your patience.

This still doesn't work on Galaxy s10 nor does it work on Galaxy S8 both running Android! I've deleted the app, downloaded again, deleted other Ocean... apps and tried again.  It just opens and freezes!  Any ETA on when this will be fixed?

On 9/10/2019 at 10:21 AM, jjr718 said:

Question about the Medallion Class app on Android phones

I downloaded the app on a Samsung Galaxy (android) and on an Iphone and an I pad. On the Iphone and Ipad the OCEANREADY Pass is displayed on a single screen (no scrolling required) so you can save a screenshot of the entire pass. 

On the android phones (2 different ones) the OCEANREADY pass shows the name and voyage information and the top part of the QR code block. You have to scroll down to see the entire QR block but then the name and part of the passenger information is missing.  I called the ocean navigator line and asked if I could just capture the QR code and they said no, that the entire OCEANREADY pass would need to be captured. I know that I can just use the printed boarding pass and I have that printed out but it is really frustrating to have the app say you need to do  screen capture of the pass and then the app makes it impossible. 

I don't seem to be getting anywhere with medallion support in resolving the fact that MedallionClass app freezes when opened on Galaxy S10 and S8 both running Android 9.  Can I ask you what Galaxy product and Android version you were able to get MedallionClass to work on?  Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I haven't yet tried to use the app but I will be doing so soon.  I have both an iPad and an android Samsung phone.  Am I better off using the iPad or does it not make a difference?

I'd say you're better off using the one that works.  Would you please post what Galaxy product and Android version you have and if MedallionClass worked on it?  I have an old, wifi only Galaxy Tab A running Android 7 and MedallionClass works on it.

25 minutes ago, sfoak said:

I'd say you're better off using the one that works.  Would you please post what Galaxy product and Android version you have and if MedallionClass worked on it?  I have an old, wifi only Galaxy Tab A running Android 7 and MedallionClass works on it.

Galaxy J3 V with Android 9.  I can't use MedallionClass yet as we haven't reached final payment date yet.

The Medallion Class app works on both my Galaxy S9 Android 9 and my Galaxy Tab A Android 8.1.  My cruise is in April over 200 days away and havent made final payment. Some features don't work without being on the ship. Also can't totally finish Ocean Ready yet although I do have most of the information entered.

3 minutes ago, MountainEER74 said:

The Medallion Class app works on both my Galaxy S9 Android 9 and my Galaxy Tab A Android 8.1.  My cruise is in April over 200 days away and havent made final payment. Some features don't work without being on the ship. Also can't totally finish Ocean Ready yet although I do have most of the information entered.

I guess I'll download the MedallionClass and see how far I can get with it.

On 9/1/2019 at 10:00 PM, steelers36 said:

Yes, but it would be a NTH.  I find myself taking a trip by a DR to check it out on the wall ahead of time.  Often I am checking to see what we might have so I know which wine to bring to dinner.  Sometimes we get a preview for the next night at dinner as our friend is pescatarian.

It is also posted in the Lido buffet.

1 hour ago, MountainEER74 said:

Now I'm wondering if the problem could be tied to carrier specific blote-ware. Who is your cell carrier? Thanks for your help with this.