Exciting Ocean Medallion App News

idahospud

7 minutes ago, hpeabody said:

@AskOceanMedallion  Is there any chance when they launch the new App for android they will not exclude those of us with older phones that do not have the very latest Android OS?  I am one of those excluded from Ocean Now, next to Ocean Ready, probably the most useful App.

@hpeabody When the Android version of the MedallionClass app becomes available in the next few days, it will, for the most part, support Android devices that have been purchased in the past five years and use the Android OS 6.0 and above. 

35 minutes ago, AskOceanMedallion said:

@hpeabody When the Android version of the MedallionClass app becomes available in the next few days, it will, for the most part, support Android devices that have been purchased in the past five years and use the Android OS 6.0 and above. 

Thanks for the reply.  Too bad for me 😞 Mine is 5.5 I believe

On 8/14/2019 at 8:00 PM, AskOceanMedallion said:

Looking daily for the Android version on my Samsung S8.

I asked this on another thread and perhaps you missed it.  Would like to know please...

HI.  I was told back in Feb that it was imminent that Medallions would be mailed to Canadian customers.  Still not showing as available for a Nov cruise.  When are you going to be doing this?  At the time, I understood that Medallions were sent from Asia.  They could be sent to Canada just as easily.  Even if mailed from USA, pretty easy to mail to Canada.  Charge me an extra $1 or so for the postage if you want, I don't mind.  But I would like my Medallion just like the Americans on the cruise so we can have the speedy check-in and just head onto the ship.

On 8/9/2019 at 4:21 PM, idahospud said:

Glad to hear it's working on the ship right now. I won't be on the Royal for two more weeks so I'll be anxious to hear how it's working in the meantime. Can you keep us updated?

Enjoy your cruise!

I tried to send this a few days ago but just didn't get it done. At any rate, I'm sure you are on your cruise by now or if not, soon will be.

...two more things about the Medallion Class app.

1. In the Journey View section there is a circle in the upper right with a + icon in it. Click on that and it opens your "Journey Detail". It's the itinerary but if you are on B2Bs in includes the itinerary of ALL of your cruises in one list. For those on a single cruise, it is no different than the itinerary listed in the Ocean Concierge but for multiple cruises, it's great.
  2. The Medallion Class App is slow to load. Actually the individual apps open faster. So if you are just need Ocean Compass it is actually a lot quicker to open the old Ocean Compass app instead of the new combined Medallion Class.

We're on our way to Greenland now so it will be interesting to see how the Medallion Net holds up that far north.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Crzn-Life

Is there a way to log/sign out of this app after inputting information? We’re on the Crown Feb 2020 and I am inputting personalizer information. I’m concerned about leaving sensitive (passport, credit card, etc) info on an open app. I see no way to sign out of this app. TIA.

16 minutes ago, Wavelet said:

Is there a way to log/sign out of this app after inputting information? We’re on the Crown Feb 2020 and I am inputting personalizer information. I’m concerned about leaving sensitive (passport, credit card, etc) info on an open app. I see no way to sign out of this app. TIA.

In the upper right corner there is your name and a "menu" button. Click on the menu and a list comes up...one of the options is to logout. 

On 8/16/2019 at 7:51 AM, steelers36 said:

Looking daily for the Android version on my Samsung S8.

I asked this on another thread and perhaps you missed it.  Would like to know please...

HI.  I was told back in Feb that it was imminent that Medallions would be mailed to Canadian customers.  Still not showing as available for a Nov cruise.  When are you going to be doing this?  At the time, I understood that Medallions were sent from Asia.  They could be sent to Canada just as easily.  Even if mailed from USA, pretty easy to mail to Canada.  Charge me an extra $1 or so for the postage if you want, I don't mind.  But I would like my Medallion just like the Americans on the cruise so we can have the speedy check-in and just head onto the ship.

Like many Canadians, I buy a lot of things from the US, and there is usually a HUGE difference in shipping costs between an item shipped inside the US, and the same item shipped from the US to Canada. For example, I just picked up a small box not much bigger than what Princess ships the Medallions in, while on vacation in Cape Cod, shipped from nearby Pennsylvania. USPS shipping was $US14. Shipping would have cost $US50 if he had shipped it to me here in Montreal. Idle speculation I know, but perhaps Princess is grappling with the high costs associated with shipping these boxes across borders, as I understand they are now being shipped from the US?

19 hours ago, Crzn-Life said:

I tried to send this a few days ago but just didn't get it done. At any rate, I'm sure you are on your cruise by now or if not, soon will be.

...two more things about the Medallion Class app.

1. In the Journey View section there is a circle in the upper right with a + icon in it. Click on that and it opens your "Journey Detail". It's the itinerary but if you are on B2Bs in includes the itinerary of ALL of your cruises in one list. For those on a single cruise, it is no different than the itinerary listed in the Ocean Concierge but for multiple cruises, it's great.
  2. The Medallion Class App is slow to load. Actually the individual apps open faster. So if you are just need Ocean Compass it is actually a lot quicker to open the old Ocean Compass app instead of the new combined Medallion Class.

We're on our way to Greenland now so it will be interesting to see how the Medallion Net holds up that far north.

Enjoy your cruise.

Greenland? Lucky duck! We almost joined the Caribbean Princess but decided on these three weeks in Alaska instead.

Thanks for the info. So the Journey View showed the whole trip? That is awesome! And good to know on the speed of the MedallionClass app v the OceanCompass app. I'm planning to do more Medallion videos on the ship so this will be one I'll have to look at.

Again, thanks for the update, happy sailing, and enjoy Greenland! 

3 hours ago, lx200gps said:

Like many Canadians, I buy a lot of things from the US, and there is usually a HUGE difference in shipping costs between an item shipped inside the US, and the same item shipped from the US to Canada. For example, I just picked up a small box not much bigger than what Princess ships the Medallions in, while on vacation in Cape Cod, shipped from nearby Pennsylvania. USPS shipping was $US14. Shipping would have cost $US50 if he had shipped it to me here in Montreal. Idle speculation I know, but perhaps Princess is grappling with the high costs associated with shipping these boxes across borders, as I understand they are now being shipped from the US?

I believe those high shipping charges are because they are using a courier and I also believe they often jack up the price either to cover themselves or just make extra profit, or perhaps for extra paperwork or doc they have to fill out as to contents.  USPS of something small isn't going to be a huge difference and as I mentioned, they were originally being mailed from overseas anyway.  I am going to call and inquire as to current status/expectation on this as we now have another Medallion cruise coming up sooner than expected (which is a good thing mind you!!).

17 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

I believe those high shipping charges are because they are using a courier and I also believe they often jack up the price either to cover themselves or just make extra profit, or perhaps for extra paperwork or doc they have to fill out as to contents.  USPS of something small isn't going to be a huge difference and as I mentioned, they were originally being mailed from overseas anyway.  I am going to call and inquire as to current status/expectation on this as we now have another Medallion cruise coming up sooner than expected (which is a good thing mind you!!).

This is what residential shipping to Montreal with a declared value of $10 costs. Just wondering why your handling charges are so high Screenshot_20190820-105826_Chrome.thumb.jpg.529a4047cef1071f7b4da22d19e0f1b0.jpg

Mine did NOT come USPS so why would yours? Screenshot_20190820-105210_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2a8456cf1c3726756ea08e986ae6c22b.jpg

(don't you hate it when we can look these things up and punch a hole in their logic?) 

Edited by Ombud

4 minutes ago, Ombud said:

This is what residential shipping to Montreal with a declared value of $10 costs. Just wondering why your handling charges are so high Screenshot_20190820-105826_Chrome.thumb.jpg.529a4047cef1071f7b4da22d19e0f1b0.jpg

You are making my point in regards to my reply to Post #110.  $50 seems over the top.  IDK how Princess sends them out now, but basic USPS mail in a bubble envelope will work for me (I know they use a box now, which is small and fine). 

Edited by steelers36
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

You are making my point in regards to my reply to Post #110.  $50 seems over the top.  IDK how Princess sends them out now, but basic mail in a bubble envelope will work for me. 

In a box with a FL return address.

24CA715F-5887-4C5A-8F8C-305D965AF014.jpeg

B302AEE2-D1CA-4898-94AB-A64D96840111.jpeg

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

I am going to call and inquire as to current status/expectation on this as we now have another Medallion cruise coming up sooner than expected (which is a good thing mind you!!).

Just off the phone with OCEAN Ready rep.  She says no word on date or expectation for mailing them to Canadians.  Obviously, I urged her to pass on the word that we are all expecting this to begin.

Also, no option to have one sent ahead of the mass mailing (I could have it sent to my brother who could forward it on to me), so not sure it would arrive in time.  Rep said they are sent out about 20 days ahead of cruise and I think folks on CC are reporting getting them two weeks or less before sail date.

Just now, steelers36 said:

I understand the RA, but was your mailed from within USA, or from SE Asia?

I didn’t see anything in my Fedex tracking showing it came from anywhere but Florida. However there was a second label underneath. I pulled the top label off and the second label had some details on it but I don’t think it said anything about SE Asia. I made a video of the unboxing, including the details of the label underneath. Can’t post it here, though. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Mine did NOT come USPS so why would yours? Screenshot_20190820-105210_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2a8456cf1c3726756ea08e986ae6c22b.jpg

(don't you hate it when we can look these things up and punch a hole in their logic?) 

Now I see a lot more info in your post than before.  Not a huge price difference between UPS and USPS for a Small Box.  I guess they don't want to spend the extra $$$ on us.  They could send them in bulk to a distributor and then have them remailed by Canada Post I suppose.  Or give us the option and charge us extra.  IDK.  Will just have to wait and see what happens.  There are oversea customers as well and who knows if they ever intend to ship to them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, idahospud said:

I didn’t see anything in my Fedex tracking showing it came from anywhere but Florida. However there was a second label underneath. I pulled the top label off and the second label had some details on it but I don’t think it said anything about SE Asia. I made a video of the unboxing, including the details of the label underneath. Can’t post it here, though. 

Thought I read/heard they were being mailed from Singapore originally.  NBD.  Just a pain being excluded when we are in the same marketing group as USA in terms of bookings, promotions, etc, etc.  It is probably the 3rd party company on the return label that is handling the distribution.

Edited by steelers36

Just now, steelers36 said:

Thought I read/heard they were being mailed from Singapore originally.  NBD.  Just a pain being excluded when we are in the same marketing group as USA in terms of bookings, promotions, etc, etc.

We were told in our TA training it had to do with legal issues, not shipping costs. Not sure what exactly that means, though.

• Thanks 1