Exciting Ocean Medallion App News

idahospud

24 minutes ago, hpeabody said:

Are you able to see the delivery schedule information in Ocean Ready?  I have not been able to find it so far. 

I can’t see a delivery date but when I filled out all the questions it said. Order # #### in progress. You will be receiving your Medallions 10 or 20 days before your cruise. Date ordered 8/8/2019. Not yet shipped.

This year I was on the Caribbean Princess and we received them 10 days before the cruise. It was great you just walk on the ship. 😁😁😁

Tony

8 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

I can’t see a delivery date but when I filled out all the questions it said. Order # #### in progress. You will be receiving your Medallions 10 or 20 days before your cruise. Date ordered 8/8/2019. Not yet shipped.

This year I was on the Caribbean Princess and we received them 10 days before the cruise. It was great you just walk on the ship. 😁😁😁

Tony

I received mine on August 7 for an August 24 cruise on the Royal so 10-20 days is about right. 

Edited by idahospud

28 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

I was told back in FEB that delivery to CANADA was imminent, coming soon, just around the corner.  It is now almost mid-August and OCEAN Ready still has nothing outside USA and PR.

Hi Mr G.

I’m sorry I have no answer.

Tony

OK, excuse my ignorance on this but I have been avoiding downloading any Princess apps until we get much closer to our Feb 2020 cruise on CB.

I have not loaded any Princess apps so far, since we are a long way out. If I complete checkin online using my desktop, then download the new improved (for Android!) app, will the info transfer?

Or, do I need to get the app (for Android) and use this to checkin?

I'm  a little confused as to sequencing. But, TBH, I don't need a Medallion, so  a card is fine with me.

Thanks for any clarification you guys can offer 😄

19 hours ago, idahospud said:

It's by the same Global Experience Innovators that did the other Medallion apps.

It might be ok, anyway.

Hopefully, it will work onboard ships, and not just in Doral.

http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/CorporationSearch/SearchResultDetail?inquirytype=EntityName&directionType=Initial&searchNameOrder=GLOBALEXPERIENCEINNOVATORS P170000603620&aggregateId=domp-p17000060362-bca8b998-b7d1-4e80-b21b-a7d90e767a82&searchTerm=global experience&listNameOrder=GLOBALEXPERIENCEDESIGN L130000408901

Edited by pablo222

I downloaded the Medallion app yesterday and everything seemed to transfer over from Ocean Ready for our cruise on the CB next Saturday.  So am I safe in deleting the Ocean Ready apps?  I don't need them any more, right?  The QR scannable  boarding pass is in the new one so I think I'm good. 

One suggestion I'd have is an option to put the scannable boarding pass in your phone wallet like you can with airline boarding passes and other tickets.  So easy to find that way with no logging in, etc...

I added the Medallion app.  I put in my email, it goes to enter password, I put in the one I use for Princess, nothing happens. I next try, I enter my booking number, name, birthday.  It comes it does not recognize.

Is it because I am too early.  I am on the Sky Oct 20, 2019 and the Sky has never sailed before.

30 minutes ago, phabric said:

I added the Medallion app.  I put in my email, it goes to enter password, I put in the one I use for Princess, nothing happens. I next try, I enter my booking number, name, birthday.  It comes it does not recognize.

Is it because I am too early.  I am on the Sky Oct 20, 2019 and the Sky has never sailed before.

Most likely as the Sky has not "officially" part of the Princess leet yet.  Have the same situation with our Jan Sky cruise.

30 minutes ago, phabric said:

Have the exact same situation, however for the Ruby for next May.   They say they are medallion ready?

2 hours ago, phabric said:

Yes, too early. I have been told we should be "ready" by the end of August for the inaugural Sky Princess in October.

It's too bad they decided not to allow access to those of us who have oldish android phones.  Not everyone has expensive new iPhones or androids.  I am not allowed Ocean Now, so I would not be allowed this new app on my phone either.  😞  I do have some of the "ocean" apps, like Ocean Ready, just not the main one Ocean Now, therefore not this new combined one.  I really like the concept, though.  Love planned obsolescence, yeah.

2 hours ago, geomapper said:

Looks like the Medallion app needs it’s own unique password. I created a new password for the app, logged in, and entered my booking number and my booking info was found. 

For me, the Medallion app took the same password as the Ocean Ready app.  I didn't have to create a new account for Medallion.  I just logged in using my email and password from Ocean Ready, and everything was there.

16 minutes ago, pompeii said:

For me, the Medallion app took the same password as the Ocean Ready app.  I didn't have to create a new account for Medallion.  I just logged in using my email and password from Ocean Ready, and everything was there.

You’re right, the passwords are the sane for both. But if you try to sign in using your Prinecess password, it will not work. I tried doing that for our first Medallion cruise last January without success. I had to create a new one for Ocean Ready, & now used that same one for the new Medallion Class app.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2019 at 8:41 AM, idahospud said:

As I was prepping for my upcoming voyage on the Royal Princess in a couple weeks I was updating all my apps - OceanReady, OceanNow, Ocean Compass - and ran across a new app:

image.png.e217750bcb6d2aba4dea6eb249319679.png

It's by the same Global Experience Innovators that did the other Medallion apps. It looks like they've listened to all of not wanting to download so many apps and have combined them into this one. Here are some screen captures:

image.thumb.png.b7deba939d3a1d0d281fd34acf103d2a.pngimage.thumb.png.5b4199c815e2df5e30ed386feccaeb98.pngimage.thumb.png.f3e09eab28de8fda3e5e8d787e108306.png

It looks like some of the features are active now. Others, like OceanNow and JourneyView will be activated once on the ship like before. It's a 1.0 version right now so it appears to be in the early stages, but it's exciting to see things being moved into one app.

Right now I'm working on a video of all the features, and once on the ship will be posting a video of those features, too. (If you are wanting to play with it, it's a bit hard to find in the app store. I actually had to click on "Global Experience Innovators" and it took me to all the available apps.)

Thank you!  I uploaded the app and deleted all of the others. This is awesome! 

I would love to watch your YouTube videos is your name the same? 

2 hours ago, donswife said:

I hope they get android running soon! I have been putting off trying to get ocean ready, but I really need to, since our flight gets in at noon on sailing day! (yes,  I booked through EZair!)

I have an android and have been "Ocean Ready" since about July 1 for a August 29 cruise.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Thank you!  I uploaded the app and deleted all of the others. This is awesome! 

I would love to watch your YouTube videos is your name the same? 

No. You can email me at Cruisingandcrafting at gmail dot com.

Thanks for mentioning this!  I joined the chorus of those wanting a consolidated app last month after our cruise on the Royal.  I also mentioned to both the Navigators and on the survey that they need to enable notifications when someone messages you in Ocean Compass.  Hoping they've added that too.

On 8/9/2019 at 9:36 PM, steelers36 said:

I am guessing it must be delayed and they only worked on Apple first.  Not the best since there are gazillions of Android users.  Hopefully it will be along soon.

We are also 2 of a gazillion Android users. That's a real shame, since we leave on the 19th on the Caribbean Princess. I downloaded the "old apps" on Google Play, somewhat apprehensively, though, as the reviews were so horrible...mostly 1 star rated. We are ready with our Medallions so I guess we're halfway there. 

Edited by cujosmom

On 8/10/2019 at 1:41 AM, idahospud said:

As I was prepping for my upcoming voyage on the Royal Princess in a couple weeks I was updating all my apps - OceanReady, OceanNow, Ocean Compass - and ran across a new app:

It's by the same Global Experience Innovators that did the other Medallion apps. It looks like they've listened to all of not wanting to download so many apps and have combined them into this one. Here are some screen captures:

It looks like some of the features are active now. Others, like OceanNow and JourneyView will be activated once on the ship like before. It's a 1.0 version right now so it appears to be in the early stages, but it's exciting to see things being moved into one app.

Right now I'm working on a video of all the features, and once on the ship will be posting a video of those features, too. (If you are wanting to play with it, it's a bit hard to find in the app store. I actually had to click on "Global Experience Innovators" and it took me to all the available apps.)

6 hours ago, idahospud said:

No. You can email me at Cruisingandcrafting at gmail dot com.

I found your MedallionClass video. Highly informative - thank you!

Everyone likes to conveniently "forget" that the sole reason d'être for the "Medallion" is to help Princess separate you from your money.  The only reason.  Its not to make things easier or better for passengers.  Caveat emptor - be very careful how you use their apps and where you use them.  Watch your account closely.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2019 at 11:41 AM, idahospud said:

image.thumb.png.b7deba939d3a1d0d281fd34acf103d2a.pngimage.thumb.png.5b4199c815e2df5e30ed386feccaeb98.pngimage.thumb.png.f3e09eab28de8fda3e5e8d787e108306.png

Big news!  I don't see it in the Android store yet but I assume it will be available before too long.  I ended up uninstalling the original five apps last week.  My phone has been super slow since I installed them several months ago.  My cruise isn't until January on the Sky.  I figured I could just reinstall them closer to sailing.  Now it seems like Princess actually listened to everyone's biggest issue of having to use five different apps for different aspects of the Medallion program.  Looking forward to having everything in one place!  Thanks for posting this!  I'll be watching for it.