Exciting Ocean Medallion App News

idahospud

30 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Thanks for keeping us updated. On August 14, you stated "When the Android version of the MedallionClass app becomes available in the next few days, it will, for the most part, support Android devices that have been purchased in the past five years and use the Android OS 6.0 and above. "  Both of our tablets run Android 7+ and neither will install the new app. Does this mean that the new app will now only work on tablets running Android 8+?  

Not the case ... I have both 7.0 and 8.0 android tablets ... and the app is not available for either of them.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, pms4104 said:

Not the case ... I have both 7.0 and 8.0 android tablets ... and the app is not available for either of them.

The two comments, first, two weeks ago that it will run on tablets running 6+, then seeming to say it will run on tablets running 8+, seem contradictory. We should probably all just wait until they release the update.

50 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

The two comments, first, two weeks ago that it will run on tablets running 6+, then seeming to say it will run on tablets running 8+, seem contradictory. We should probably all just wait until they release the update.

Yes, it's the mixed messages or misinformation that's so frustrating ... it works, it doesn't, it will, still working on it, blah blah blah.

Personally, I'm happy that only one of my 3 booked sailings is OM ... the only thing I expect it to do is speed barking and debarking.  Anything else has become unimportant to my vacation enjoyment.

So much time and so many man hours and so much money, and the program apparently still is nit ready for primetime. 

Edited by pms4104

8 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

Yes, it's the mixed messages or misinformation that's so frustrating ... it works, it doesn't, it will, still working on it, blah blah blah.

Personally, I'm happy that only one of my 3 booked sailings is OM ... the only thing I expect it to do is speed barking and debarking.  Anything else has become unimportant to my vacation enjoyment.

So much time and so many man hours and so much money, and the program apparently still is nit ready for primetime. 

Fortunately (or unfortunately ;o), ALL of our upcoming trips, one each on the Regal, Sky, Royal and Enchanted, are OM trips. Speedier embarkation  via OM is useless for us, as we always arrive very early and sit in the lounge waiting to board. I'm curious as to how the OM helped you with disembarkation. We've only been on one OM trip to date and the Medallion functioned exactly as a cruise card leaving the ship, so no apparent benefit. In fact, for us, absolutely no benefit to the Medallion at all, ever. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Fortunately (or unfortunately ;o), ALL of our upcoming trips, one each on the Regal, Sky, Royal and Enchanted, are OM trips. Speedier embarkation  via OM is useless for us, as we always arrive very early and sit in the lounge waiting to board. I'm curious as to how the OM helped you with disembarkation. We've only been on one OM trip to date and the Medallion functioned exactly as a cruise card leaving the ship, so no apparent benefit. In fact, for us, absolutely no benefit to the Medallion at all, ever. 

First and only booked OM coming in Oct, so I honestly don't kniw if it will speed up anything.  And I no longer care

Edited by pms4104
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, lx200gps said:

Thanks for keeping us updated. On August 14, you stated "When the Android version of the MedallionClass app becomes available in the next few days, it will, for the most part, support Android devices that have been purchased in the past five years and use the Android OS 6.0 and above. "  Both of our tablets run Android 7+ and neither will install the new app. Does this mean that the new app will now only work on tablets running Android 8+?  

@pms4104 @lx200gps The update has been made. The android version of the app supports Android devices that have been purchased in the past five years, and use the Android OS 6.0 and above. The latest update address flow that was affecting tablets running Android 8+. Pls try to download the app again and let us know if it's working for you. Thank you again for your patience.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, AskOceanMedallion said:

@pms4104 @lx200gps The update has been made. The android version of the app supports Android devices that have been purchased in the past five years, and use the Android OS 6.0 and above. The latest update address flow that was affecting tablets running Android 8+. Pls try to download the app again and let us know if it's working for you. Thank you again for your patience.

Well done and thanks. I've tried it on our two Android tablets with mixed results. On my wife's Samsung Galaxy Tab S, running Android 6.0.1, the app loads and runs fine, though only in portrait and does not work in landscape or obey screen rotation. I assume this is normal? On my Asus TF700 running Android 7.1.2, it will not even appear in the Play Store as an available app, and when I try to install it from my Library, as it's already installed on three other devices in my account, it says the app is not compatible. I'll assume that this is because the tablet is unlocked and rooted and running a custom ROM, though most other Play Store apps install and run just fine.

This is not really an issue for me, as I will running the app on a Windows tablet under Bluestacks, and I know that this works just fine. Thanks very much for the effort and the support. 

Downloaded the Android app the day it originally became available. I am booked on an April 2020 cruise on the Crown. I was able to go into the Ocean Ready section and completed Security Photo, Profile Photo, Travel Documents, and Pin Code for my self and the Travel Documents for my wife. Those items showed as green at that time. Today I noticed the app had been updated so I logged in to see what had changed. The Travel Documents for both my wife and I are no longer green but you can clearly see that the passport information is still there. I then tried to hit the edit button to see if there might be further information about why they were no longer green, but the edit button was non-responsive.

I know I have a long ways to go before cruise but just wanted to see if others have had this issue. I'm running on a Samsung Galaxy S9. I haven't tried the app yet on my Samsung tablet.

Thanks,

Roger

1 hour ago, MountainEER74 said:

Downloaded the Android app the day it originally became available. I am booked on an April 2020 cruise on the Crown. I was able to go into the Ocean Ready section and completed Security Photo, Profile Photo, Travel Documents, and Pin Code for my self and the Travel Documents for my wife. Those items showed as green at that time. Today I noticed the app had been updated so I logged in to see what had changed. The Travel Documents for both my wife and I are no longer green but you can clearly see that the passport information is still there. I then tried to hit the edit button to see if there might be further information about why they were no longer green, but the edit button was non-responsive.

I know I have a long ways to go before cruise but just wanted to see if others have had this issue. I'm running on a Samsung Galaxy S9. I haven't tried the app yet on my Samsung tablet.

Thanks,

Roger

Just checked my App and I have exactly same experience as you.  Seems odd, but must be another bug.  They need a special thread or Princess bug forum so we can post things and they can post when fix it.  At least I have a bit of time for them to get this Android App working (Nov 2019 cruise).

Edited by steelers36

13 hours ago, AskOceanMedallion said:

Still does not work with a Samsung Galaxy S10 running Android 9. The current version of the Medallion Class app opens but then locks up and is completely unresponsive.

Tried the app on my Samsung tablet this morning and everything that I had previously entered was green again. Then I opened it on my phone and everything is green there also, unlike yesterday evening when the travel documents had not. This must be something that was fixed on the Celebrity side, the app on my phone has not been updated since two days ago.

Steelers36, does yours work again?

13 minutes ago, MountainEER74 said:

Hey Princess IT people. Today I tried the MedallionClass app. When I selected Ocean Ready it said I needed to connect to Medallionet to use Ocean Ready. How can you get Ocean Ready after boarding ship?

Anyone else tried it today?

I have the same issue this morning.  Can't access Ocean Ready because it is not recognizing that I am connected to the Internet and wants me to connect to Medallionet.

On 8/30/2019 at 7:34 AM, MountainEER74 said:

Steelers36, does yours work again?

At the moment, the silly App thinks I am not connected to the Internet.  I was going to try logging out and back in, but can't login now.  Yesterday, the App thought I was not OCEAN Ready, missing Passport info, but when click on that aspect, the data was there and marked green.  I was going to update Medallion delivery address, but could not because the App thought OCEAN Ready was incomplete.  

Not sure what I will find when next connect.  Looks like the whole thing is down as I could not get OCEAN website to load in CHROME browser either. 

ETA - Ah ha... I just see Idahospud posting from a ship and same thing .. and a host of other folks this fine Saturday morning.  Whole network application must be temporarily offline.

Edited by steelers36

I am sure it is a temporary glitch in the system.  Hang in there.  Here is my suggestions for those who get green checkmarks for the ocean ready app.  Take a screen shot and save it on your phone.  I had green checkmarks and the app updated; and green checks were gone; but nothing else changed in the app.  When I arrived at the port I showed my saved picture with bar code and green checkmarks along with my passport; and was good to go.  I think everytime an update happens it messes up the ocean ready app.  Hopefully the Ocean Medallion team is continually working on this.  Like I said; it was not a big deal.  

On 8/29/2019 at 10:21 AM, AskOceanMedallion said:

The update has been made.  Thank you again for your patience.

A question for the expert. Has any thought been give to including daily menus in one of the apps, either Oceannow or Oceancompass? 

Jim😎

by the way, are your initials VJ?

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, jeanandjim said:

A question for the expert. Has any thought been give to including daily menus in one of the apps, either Oceannow or Oceancompass? 

Jim😎

by the way, are your initials VJ?

The team seems to have enuf on their plate without adding menus

7 minutes ago, J&Dhighdesert said:

Our family of five will be traveling with a 11 year old girl.  My question is, do we need to buy a medallion for her?  Thanks in advance for your response.

You don't buy medallion's, they are given to you.  They replace the cruise card.