Preregistering/Booking For September 2021

janny444

2 hours ago, shipfriend_max said:

Does already have someone Azuras and Ventura’s itineraries?

Someone told they’re about to be on sale or “go live” on Monday, so maybe here’s someone who already knows them?

I believe that cruises will not be officially released on 14th October and able to book from 21st October depending on Peninsular Club Loyalty grade and when on general sale later in same week in differing stages depending on time of year of cruise.

Azura takes over Oceanas Mediterranean itineraries between 7 and 14 nights (fly Cruises).

Oceana in 2021 more or less does what Ventura does in 2020: Canary Islands, Iberia, North Sea (2-12 nights (from Southampton). 

Ventura: 14 nights from Southampton, either Baltic or Mediterranean. 

Iona: Norway, same as 2020. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, shipfriend_max said:

Azura takes over Oceanas Mediterranean itineraries between 7 and 14 nights (fly Cruises).

Oceana in 2021 more or less does what Ventura does in 2020: Canary Islands, Iberia, North Sea (2-12 nights (from Southampton). 

Ventura: 14 nights from Southampton, either Baltic or Mediterranean. 

Iona: Norway, same as 2020. 

Thanks, I appreciate that.

Will the cruise be posted on the P&O website with opening prices on the 14th.  We go away a day or two later, so could really do with a hint about prices?  Also if you are given a price, but cannot have your pre registration activated until general bookings are open (we are only Mediterranean), what % price increase tends to have happened for the most popular cruises?

Our agent (a big cruise agent) has been pretty good on getting our first choice cabin range in the past, but not done a pre registration for a few years.  Just a bit of a mess as we will be in Italy when the bookings go live.

5 minutes ago, tring said:

Will the cruise be posted on the P&O website with opening prices on the 14th.  We go away a day or two later, so could really do with a hint about prices?  Also if you are given a price, but cannot have your pre registration activated until general bookings are open (we are only Mediterranean), what % price increase tends to have happened for the most popular cruises?

Our agent (a big cruise agent) has been pretty good on getting our first choice cabin range in the past, but not done a pre registration for a few years.  Just a bit of a mess as we will be in Italy when the bookings go live.

The online cruise agents normally have the cruises and prices available on the first day, and they will take a pre registration booking from you, but will need a phone contact to confirm the booking and take your card details on the day the bookings open. We have done this with our agent and it worked well.

7 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

The online cruise agents normally have the cruises and prices available on the first day, and they will take a pre registration booking from you, but will need a phone contact to confirm the booking and take your card details on the day the bookings open. We have done this with our agent and it worked well.

Thanks for the reply.  We have done that in the past and it worked well, but the last time we booked at launch was for the Artemis Farewell - so a fair while back now.  In recent years I have seen a lot written about how prices can rise once bookings open due to fluid prices used now.

Our agent has taken a note of our interest and promised to contact us once pre registration has opened with a likely price, but she agreed price changes can be a problem if fluid prices kick in.  I am wondering just how quickly those increases do kick in and what sort of increases may happen before our agent has a chance to get us booked.  Is it a fairly small % or could it be more than 10% for instance?

Edited by tring

20 minutes ago, tring said:

Thanks for the reply.  We have done that in the past and it worked well, but the last time we booked at launch was for the Artemis Farewell - so a fair while back now.  In recent years I have seen a lot written about how prices can rise once bookings open due to fluid prices used now.

Our agent has taken a note of our interest and promised to contact us once pre registration has opened with a likely price, but she agreed price changes can be a problem if fluid prices kick in.  I am wondering just how quickly those increases do kick in and what sort of increases may happen before our agent has a chance to get us booked.  Is it a fairly small % or could it be more than 10% for instance?

I think it varies and most times we have booked on release prices have not increasedfor a day or two.However when we booked our cruise on Arcadia next October prices rose at 10 15am on the morning bookings opened to all apart from higher tiers.I can t remember how much they rose by

We have a similar problem as we go away on the evening of 14th and are away when bookings open.None of the itineraries are jumping out at me though.I wish P and O would visit new ports as it means we are increasingly looking at other cruise lines for new places to visit

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ann141 said:

I think it varies and most times we have booked on release prices have not increasedfor a day or two.However when we booked our cruise on Arcadia next October prices rose at 10 15am on the morning bookings opened to all apart from higher tiers.I can t remember how much they rose by

Thanks for the info.

4 hours ago, tring said:

My understanding is that P&O do not implement fluid pricing until about 10:00-11:00am on the general on sale day, and of course only on very high demand cruises. So your TA should be able to secure your cabin at the original offer price.

13 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

My understanding is that P&O do not implement fluid pricing until about 10:00-11:00am on the general on sale day, and of course only on very high demand cruises. So your TA should be able to secure your cabin at the original offer price.

That is very interesting and makes me feel a lot happier.  Would also fit in with the previous reply.  I am bearing in mind though that things do change year to year so will not be too presumptuous.  I may start looking more closely at the launch day offers in future, though it does mean being booked up a long way in advance we were trying to have less stuff booked early  🤔 

Forgive me - if this has already been discussed - but when do P and O release the itineries for Summer 2021.  Don't understand how you can register you interest if you don't know what cruise are  available?  Am I missing something here or am I just being a bit dumb!!!!!! lol

10 hours ago, Suebiker said:

Forgive me - if this has already been discussed - but when do P and O release the itineries for Summer 2021.  Don't understand how you can register you interest if you don't know what cruise are  available?  Am I missing something here or am I just being a bit dumb!!!!!! lol

The itineraries and the ability to register will open on Monday 14th October, the timings of all this are shown on earlier pages of this thread.