Internet package

Hi,

I ordered an internet package and received confirmation email from royal. I'm just wondering how it gets activated once I'm on the ship, do i have to go to guest services or will it be an automatic thing because they obviously don't know which device i'll want to use.

Thanks

You can access it before you get to your cabin.  Just log in to Royal WiFi, and go thru like you are purchasing it.  It will show that you have prepaid, so just select that option. 

That is the way it worked fo us last month. 

12 minutes ago, Brad548ye said:

Thanks Clarea, Was that like on a piece of paper on the table or something similar?

Yes, it was on a card in the stateroom.

On boardings that still issue SeaPass cards at the terminal, they gave us the access code at the same time.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Brad548ye said:

I'm just wondering how it gets activated once I'm on the ship.

This is in flux at the moment and depends on ship and when you will embark (could be a login at the pier, in the cabin, on the device).

25 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

You can access it before you get to your cabin.  Just log in to Royal WiFi, and go thru like you are purchasing it.  It will show that you have prepaid, so just select that option. 

That is the way it worked fo us last month. 

This is how it worked on Symphony.  there was a flyer with instructions in our cabin.

1 hour ago, Brad548ye said:

Hi,

I ordered an internet package and received confirmation email from royal. I'm just wondering how it gets activated once I'm on the ship, do i have to go to guest services or will it be an automatic thing because they obviously don't know which device i'll want to use.

Thanks

Just remember that if you purchased the one device package, you can change the device that you use as many times as you wish, the limitation is that you can only have one device signed on to the network at a time with your credentials.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, cruisegal40 said:

Thanks for this information. We will be on her next week and I have not purchased a package before. Just used the ships computers to sign in.  Should I print my receipt of purchase just in case?  Or will they know ahead of time. 

They should know, but it's always a good idea to carry a hardcopy of the receipt onto the ship.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2019 at 12:03 PM, Queen of Oakville said:

This is how it worked on Symphony.  there was a flyer with instructions in our cabin.

Same for us on Mariner last April... On Liberty Last Nov. we got a little slip of paper with our Seapass card.  With each ship and sailing the process seems to vary a little.

Edited by Tree_skier

There will also be several people from the Internet sales group during embarkation usually around the area where you will board who will have lists of people by cabin with prepaid internet packages; you can also obtain your code from them.

As stated, it's a different system on different ships.

I'm on the Majesty right now, and when you first connect to the WiFi, you have to "sign in".

It gives you the option to sign in with an existing Username and PIN, or just below that is a link to "Create an Internet account" -- which is what you need to do.

That link brings up a page that asks your first name (the name on the account that purchased the package -- if you're John but your cruise is booked as Jonathon, you need to use Jonathon), the year of your birth, your stateroom number, and it asks you to create a Username and PIN and then re-enter the PIN.  That information is what the system uses to verify that you are who you say you are, and match you up to the package that you pre-purchased.  (If you haven't pre-purchased a package, you do these same steps, but then it will ask you to choose which package you want to purchase, and list the prices.)

In my case, I purchased a four-device package and split it with other people from my roll call, so we all ended up getting Voom Surf+Stream for around $7/day per person.  We set a place to meet up on the ship ahead of time, and they gave me cash (or Paypal) for their portion, and I gave them the Username and PIN (I used something generic that would be easy for everyone to remember, not something that only had meaning to me).  

And there will be someone at the Voom desk area to help you out on the first day if you can't get it working, no worries!

1 minute ago, Fragile-Beauty said:

I will be on the Jewel in November.  I have already received info on getting a discount on the Wi-Fi.  Is it really cheaper to pre Book  internet or will it be cheaper once on board? 

Thanks 

I've never seen it cheaper on board than it was in advance....

9 hours ago, Fragile-Beauty said:

I will be on the Jewel in November.  I have already received info on getting a discount on the Wi-Fi.  Is it really cheaper to pre Book  internet or will it be cheaper once on board? 

Thanks 

Unknown, but very unlikely to be less expensive onboard.  However, if you can skip the first day, you may find the total price less expensive buying on board.