Electric Kettles Question

SargassoPirate

48 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Didn't realise that.  Are they cooked freshly on an egg station or by batch and left sitting out to congeal?

Of course,you can't have a dairy farm in the hold without free range chickens.PS you missed out at the omelette station on the Coral ,they would cook any type of egg to order.

2 hours ago, Britboys said:

Yeah - and serving Eggs Benedict every morning...... and putting a bottle of complimentary champagne in every cabin 🙄

Please tell me you can get Eggs Benedict every morning it is our staple on Celebrity for breakfast

• Like 1

Back to the UHT milk provided in the cabins, I am very happy with the current sachets over the little tubs they used to provide. I used to take Filtered Milk so it would last longer, but it still went off. The sachets taste OK to me even though they are UHT - though it's usually a battle to tear the end without squirting it all over the place!

39 minutes ago, Elaine0138 said:

Please tell me you can get Eggs Benedict every morning it is our staple on Celebrity for breakfast

MDR on Cunard and Princess,always available.Never had MDR breakfast on P&O,but someone said they are rationed to certain days of the week.Perhaps they bought Kosher chickens that don't lay on Saturdays.

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Of course,you can't have a dairy farm in the hold without free range chickens.PS you missed out at the omelette station on the Coral ,they would cook any type of egg to order.

No, I didn't miss out on the omelette station on Coral Brian - I did actually have an omelette one morning.  I thought the system was a bit odd though in that you had to order it and then sit down with a number for your table and wait until it arrived.  On other lines you just wait at the station until it is cooked.  It was hot and nice when it eventually arrived though.

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

MDR on Cunard and Princess,always available.Never had MDR breakfast on P&O,but someone said they are rationed to certain days of the week.Perhaps they bought Kosher chickens that don't lay on Saturdays.

Again, recently on Coral Princess, Eggs Benedict was not actually on the menu in the mdr but someone told me you could always order them.  Apparently the always available at breakfast had been discontinued but then reinstated when quite a few people complained.  When I did order it I am afraid I was rather disappointed with the very cheap cut of ham being used.  The rest of it was fine though.

13 hours ago, Britboys said:

No, I didn't miss out on the omelette station on Coral Brian - I did actually have an omelette one morning.  I thought the system was a bit odd though in that you had to order it and then sit down with a number for your table and wait until it arrived.  On other lines you just wait at the station until it is cooked.  It was hot and nice when it eventually arrived though.

What I meant was after 3 days I found out that's where you order the English bacon and any other type of egg.We had fresh easyovers,better than the rubber eggs sitting in the buffet.

13 hours ago, Britboys said:

Princess use the same system as well - personally I thought it much better than P&O 's. No hanging around waiting to place your order  ( and why do people, having queued for 5 minutes to place their order, suddenly find that they can't decide what to have as their fillings,  and pontificate about whether to have mushrooms or not! ), and it means you can return to your table and eat your fruit/cereal before your omlette is delivered. Very civilised. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Princess use the same system as well - personally I thought it much better than P&O 's. No hanging around waiting to place your order  ( and why do people, having queued for 5 minutes to place their order, suddenly find that they can't decide what to have as their fillings,  and pontificate about whether to have mushrooms or not! ), and it means you can return to your table and eat your fruit/cereal before your omlette is delivered. Very civilised. 

Sorry,it was Princess we were talking about.I don't think P&O use that system.Easy,just order eggs or bacon first,go and get the rest of the trimmings,by the time you're back at the table,it's all waitng for you,job done.

On 8/14/2019 at 11:28 PM, Hatters cruiser said:

The biscuits we had on Ventura during our recent cruise of Norway starting the 28th of July were disappointing, not the normal ones but thin French cookies in only Butter or Coconut versions.

We were really disappointed with these biscuits on Arcadia recently. We wouldn't buy biscuits like this at home. They are just boring.Loved the biscuits they had years ago, especially the crumbly ginger ones. Definitely feel this is a moneysaving move from P and O. Hoping they haven't reached Aurora yet...

8 hours ago, brian1 said:

What I meant was after 3 days I found out that's where you order the English bacon and any other type of egg.We had fresh easyovers,better than the rubber eggs sitting in the buffet.

Ah, right, I see.  I did find some gaps in communication on board I must say.  That is one example, another is the fact that the always available wasn't on the breakfast menu and a third was that the different bar menus only have their 'signature' drinks for that bar or lounge and do not necessarily include, for instance Gin & Tonic.  Not very helpful for cruisers who have not sailed with Princess recently.

7 hours ago, brian1 said:

Sorry,it was Princess we were talking about.I don't think P&O use that system.Easy,just order eggs or bacon first,go and get the rest of the trimmings,by the time you're back at the table,it's all waitng for you,job done.

I was probably just unlucky the morning that I had an omelette but it took quite a long time to appear at the table.  If I had got other accompaniments and taken them back to the table, they would have only been lukewarm at best.

1 minute ago, Britboys said:

I was probably just unlucky the morning that I had an omelette but it took quite a long time to appear at the table.  If I had got other accompaniments and taken them back to the table, they would have only been lukewarm at best.

My cruise was at least 3 years ago.I do remember the king crab legs and Alaskan salmon in the buffet.Hope they still had that.

4 minutes ago, brian1 said:

My cruise was at least 3 years ago.I do remember the king crab legs and Alaskan salmon in the buffet.Hope they still had that.

They certainly had Alaska Salmon as I had some of that!  I think they also had the Crab Legs but they are not to my taste so can't be absolutely certain.  Overall, I was impressed with Princess, so the things I have raised are only tiny little niggles.

4 hours ago, Danamis said:

We were really disappointed with these biscuits on Arcadia recently. We wouldn't buy biscuits like this at home. They are just boring.Loved the biscuits they had years ago, especially the crumbly ginger ones. Definitely feel this is a moneysaving move from P and O. Hoping they haven't reached Aurora yet...

I don't like the new biscuits either. Apart from the fact that they are not much better than cardboard, they are made in France. I believe in difficult times you should support your own and can't see why a suitable product couldn't be found in the UK.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Britboys said:

They certainly had Alaska Salmon as I had some of that!  I think they also had the Crab Legs but they are not to my taste so can't be absolutely certain.  Overall, I was impressed with Princess, so the things I have raised are only tiny little niggles.

. The best memory,what I remember of it,lol.A unique cocktail called Bollywood iced tea,6 2oz shots of top shelf spirits,lemon juice and topped with champagne.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, brian1 said:

. The best memory,what I remember of it,lol.A unique cocktail called Bollywood iced tea,6 2oz shots of top shelf spirits,lemon juice and topped with champagne.

I'm not surprised the memory is a bit hazy on that 🥂