RC ovation v celebrity solstice Vancouver to Hawaii

19 minutes ago, Nextholiday? said:

Hi 👋 

for anyone lucky enough to do have done both. 

We are looking at vancouver to Hawaii on either 

I am just looking for people’s thoughts please as I am going round and round 😆 

If you are sailing for Hawaii are you aware there is a big difference in port visits as Ovation does not stop at Kauai or Hilo. 

Been on both....loved them both.

We loved the Solstice (sailed her twice...most recently to Alaska), perhaps it may have been because we booked Aqua Class....and had access to the Persian Gardens and the Blu restaurant for breakfast and dinner.  Outstanding food and service.  (The cabin shower had rainshower head and 6 adjustable spray jets....nice.)

I would probably choose the Ovation because there's just way more things to do...specially all those sea days sailing to Hawaii.  Ovation has the IFly, bumper cars, Northstar, flowrider, trapeze (haven't tried yet), indoor SeaPlex, rock climbing wall, a wonderful indoor solarium, and 270.

You really can't go wrong...Happy Sailing and Aloha! 😎

• Like 1

I have been on both.   They are both gorgeous ships.   Anthem being a bit bigger with lots more to do.

It it all comes down to what you want.  Do you want a more active vacation?   Do you want to skydive at sea?  Roller skate or do bumper cars and escape rooms.   Then likely the Ovation.

If you want a more luxurious vacation and relaxing vacation.  Do you want to just have some drinks by the pool in a more upscale environment, do Celebrity Solstice.

Just now, Nextholiday? said:

on the ovation do you have an adults/pool area ?  If so and it’s a solarium do they “roll  back” the roof and have a small pool?

Solarium roof is fixed on Ovation - yes, there's a pool.

22 hours ago, Nextholiday? said:

Hi 👋 

for anyone lucky enough to do have done both. 

We are looking at vancouver to Hawaii on either 

I am just looking for people’s thoughts please as I am going round and round 😆 

Give us a bit more info so we can answer you.  What type of cabin?  What do you like to do?

• 2 weeks later...

Unrelated to ship v. ship, but to the route: do we go through immigration in Vancouver at Canada Place before heading out (Seattle, Sea Days, Hawaii)? That would be similar to what we did when I did the northbound Alaska route. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/29/2019 at 4:41 AM, cot427 said:

Unrelated to ship v. ship, but to the route: do we go through immigration in Vancouver at Canada Place before heading out (Seattle, Sea Days, Hawaii)? That would be similar to what we did when I did the northbound Alaska route. 

You will likely clear in Vancouver unless the next stop is in Victoria.  .  It will save a lot of time on arrival to preclear.  If you do have to clear on arrival in Hawaii. The CBP there is the most effective in getting people thru quickly. .  They were able to clear Explorer in under 3 hours in 2017 while st Thomas took 4-5 hours to clear the passengers alone and the inspections for them and coast guard resulted in a delayed departure