ms Amsterdam and Volendam in Juneau August 16, 2019

Scrapnana

Amsterdam will be at the AS deck from 0800-2200 and Volendam at the CT dock from 1300-2200.

Also in port is Disney Wonder at the AJ dock from 0645-1645.

Mostly cloudy skies are predicted with some rain showers (40% chance).  High will be 69F/21C and the low 53F/12C.  Sunrise is at 5:22 am and sunset at 8:41 pm.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at https://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/.

Next up:  Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam on Monday.

A'dam is currently anchored (!!??) off the southeast coast of Douglas Island.  Weird!  I've been on that same cruise a few times -- and getting ready to do it again week after next -- and I don't ever remember being anchored anywhere (except at a tendering port).

Edited by Av8rix

2 minutes ago, Av8rix said:

A'dam is currently anchored (!!??) off the southeast coast of Douglas.  Weird!  I've been on that same cruise a few times -- and getting ready to do it again next week -- and I don't ever remember being anchored anywhere (except at a tendering port).

It's just 5:30AM in Juneau.  Amsterdam typically heaves anchor and leaves at 6.  Perhaps you were asleep then.  Have a GREAT cruise.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Disney Wonder is near Thane.  Amsterdam is still anchored.  The webcam is NOT panning today.  I have a dentist appointment and will likely miss Amsterdam but be here for Volendam.

Roy

Hope it is nothing serious.

Joe had his teeth cleaned last week and lost a filling in the process -- 2 1/2 hours later it was all fixed.  Yesterday he had a really old filling fall out -- dentist is out of town so it won't be fixed until Tuesday.

3 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Hope it is nothing serious.

Joe had his teeth cleaned last week and lost a filling in the process -- 2 1/2 hours later it was all fixed.  Yesterday he had a really old filling fall out -- dentist is out of town so it won't be fixed until Tuesday.

Ouch!  Mine is a replacement for a missed appointment where the dentist cancelled me for an emergency patient.

Roy

When she finally comes into view it'll be 0800 here and I'll probably miss it 'cause I'll have to take a timeout and call the upsell folks.  I've been offered one that might be acceptable, depending upon deck and location.

• Like 1

Just now, Av8rix said:

When she finally comes into view it'll be 0800 here and I'll probably miss it 'cause I'll have to take a timeout and call the upsell folks.  I've been offered one that might be acceptable, depending upon deck and location.

Wishing you a great upsell.

Roy

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Av8rix said:

Good luck -- let us know what happens.

• Like 1